Reload this Page >

Bulling English Children

Bulling English Children

Old Feb 9th 2011, 8:32 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bulling English Children

Originally Posted by bcworld
Fluffy...the same would apply to the laws here. I thought Ozzie was suggesting there is a specific ban on the word paki in the UK.
You're not going to find a line anywhere in law that says the word Paki is banned, but try using it in its UK context in, say, your friendly neighbourhood mosque and you would probably be pulled in by your local constabulary.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 8:33 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
Where's his left hand,dirty wee whitey
he does look rather pleased with himself.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 8:33 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
Just checking
Old Feb 9th 2011, 8:42 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I went to Ducie High school in Moss Side. I bet your accent is posher than mine !
Hey so did my Auntie!!! Mind you many years before your time, oops I forgot to mention I have Manc rellies.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 8:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
I'm sure nobody wants to see English children bulled.

How can you have an "English public school accent"? Does the UK have a new county called "Public School"?
Used to ave one of them... Take one bag of plums... Stick in marf and try n speak wivout spitting em out...

i can still do it if I want to... Or have to
Old Feb 9th 2011, 10:43 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wilgar
Well looks as if BE has bullied the OP as he has not replied-unless I missed it.

IMHO there are racist attitudes towards the British. I`m married to an Aussie and am close to his family before you all jump down my throat. My eldest son began Y 7 when we moved here and was teased mercilessly for his English public sch accent. My younger two have morphed a bit for school and public events but the eldest has not. Generally people would say `in mock BBC English accents silly sentences they felt were typically English. On one occasion he was called a ` F###### Retarded Pom. When I raised issue with head of Senior school he dismissed it saying there was a reciprocal jioke between Aussies & POMs. I was actually referring to the pre fix! It goes on but you just have to ignore it. Many people will laugh at our accents and joke about the `constant British rain` but when you ask if they`ve been to UK they often haven`t.!!!!!!!!!!!
Apart from the effing bit, I don't class that as racism. The girls often get asked if they have 'tea and crumpets' for tea and rubbish like that, it's people thinking they're making a funny, much the same as kids (and adults) used to continually ask me if I had a Penny Farthing or change for a tuppenny bit when I was a kid. Not funny, slightly boring, but certainly not racist.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 10:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Fluffy...the same would apply to the laws here. I thought Ozzie was suggesting there is a specific ban on the word paki in the UK.
Just back up after pre night shift snooze .

I was of the understanding that people had been arrested for using it ?

Can only find one case on the net though.... a teenage girl in Salford in 2006.

People have been talked to by the police though apparently.

What law does it come under ? The 1976 one that creature mentioned ?
Old Feb 9th 2011, 11:01 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
What law does it come under ? The 1976 one that creature mentioned ?
It would come under that law or some later amendment to it I'm sure.

And it's probably worded in much the same way as the Australian version.

http://www.hreoc.gov.au/racial_discr...n.html#Defined

Since the introduction of provisions dealing with racial hatred in 1995, [3] the Racial Discrimination Act makes it unlawful to insult, humiliate, offend or intimidate another person or group in public on the basis of their race. Specifically, the Act states:

It is unlawful for a person to do an act, otherwise than in private, if:
(a) the act is reasonably likely in all the circumstances to offend, insult, humiliate or intimidate another person or group of people, and
(b) the act is done because of the race, colour or national or ethnic origin of the other person or some or all of the people in the group. [4]

A variety of acts can constitute racial hatred, including speaking, singing and making gestures in public, as well as drawings, images, and written publications such as newspapers, leaflets and websites.

Fluffy & open to interpretation.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 11:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

It would come under that law or some later amendment to it I'm sure.

And it's probably worded in much the same way as the Australian version.

http://www.hreoc.gov.au/racial_discr...n.html#Defined

Since the introduction of provisions dealing with racial hatred in 1995, [3] the Racial Discrimination Act makes it unlawful to insult, humiliate, offend or intimidate another person or group in public on the basis of their race. Specifically, the Act states:

It is unlawful for a person to do an act, otherwise than in private, if:
(a) the act is reasonably likely in all the circumstances to offend, insult, humiliate or intimidate another person or group of people, and
(b) the act is done because of the race, colour or national or ethnic origin of the other person or some or all of the people in the group. [4]

A variety of acts can constitute racial hatred, including speaking, singing and making gestures in public, as well as drawings, images, and written publications such as newspapers, leaflets and websites.

Fluffy & open to interpretation.

I've never heard of it being used. Wonder if it has ?
Old Feb 9th 2011, 11:15 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I've never heard of it being used. Wonder if it has ?
January 28, 2011

Brendon Lee O'Connell found guilty of racial hatred

...free speech???
Old Feb 9th 2011, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

milly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Wilgar
Well looks as if BE has bullied the OP as he has not replied-unless I missed it.

IMHO there are racist attitudes towards the British. I`m married to an Aussie and am close to his family before you all jump down my throat. My eldest son began Y 7 when we moved here and was teased mercilessly for his English public sch accent. My younger two have morphed a bit for school and public events but the eldest has not. Generally people would say `in mock BBC English accents silly sentences they felt were typically English. On one occasion he was called a ` F###### Retarded Pom. When I raised issue with head of Senior school he dismissed it saying there was a reciprocal jioke between Aussies & POMs. I was actually referring to the pre fix! It goes on but you just have to ignore it. Many people will laugh at our accents and joke about the `constant British rain` but when you ask if they`ve been to UK they often haven`t.!!!!!!!!!!!
F####### Retarded Pom....... Reciprocal Joke........ I would have reminded him of How they started out , they complain at the original brits and washing but at least we didn’t have to pee in the ground . How many Aussies get fantastic jobs around the world, not as many as the British.... The reason most British are now Australian or living here is due to the fact they were British in the first place.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 12:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by milly123
How many Aussies get fantastic jobs around the world, not as many as the British.... The reason most British are now Australian or living here is due to the fact they were British in the first place.
There are 40,000,000 less people in Australia than the UK, so I guess that could be one of the reasons there may be more working around the world than Australians.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

milly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Kim67
There are 40,000,000 less people in Australia than the UK, so I guess that could be one of the reasons there may be more working around the world than Australians.
Even so it still would not work out the same per capita. The British would still be excepted more , due to there Education , skills etc. Most born Australians i know find it difficult to get Visas, This will change and is changing for the young as things come in to line, but for the 40+ generation No.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

deb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to behold

Oh to be a big fish
Old Feb 9th 2011, 12:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by milly123
Even so it still would not work out the same per capita. The British would still be excepted more , due to there Education , skills etc. Most born Australians i know find it difficult to get Visas, This will change and is changing for the young as things come in to line, but for the 40+ generation No.
Suggest it is people you know

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.