Budgeting........

Old Apr 18th 2012, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

Penny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Budgeting........

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I bought a Breville Slow/Fast Pressure cooker. It can be a slow cooker or pressure cooker depending on how much time you have. Choice magazine named it small appliance of the year. http://www.breville.com.au/cooking/t...ow-cooker.html
Bugger, ordered the morphy richards already from Amazon.de, will now have to try and cancel in German
The slow fast one is $133 at buy guyatts(?) and looks great, thanks for the recommendation
Old Apr 24th 2012, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

Penny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud of

Dorothy and Dreamy - picked up my new Breville fast/slow on Friday and LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Would never have heard of it if not from you so THANKS so much. Cooked lovely lamb shanks and risotto and today a delicious veg soup which took all of 12 mins!
Old Apr 24th 2012, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

Ooh, now I'm getting tempted. With the cold weather starting, I needs (sic) comfort food.
Old Apr 24th 2012, 10:03 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Family of 3
Ooh, now I'm getting tempted. With the cold weather starting, I needs (sic) comfort food.
I love mine. I made a giant pot of beef stew on the weekend and froze it into dinner sized portions for the family. $6 worth of the cheapest budget beef I could find, some veggies, stock and herbs/spices and I have enough for 2 dinners.
Old Apr 24th 2012, 10:06 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

May I say that I could just eat some Shepherds pie and I think Dorothy should be the one to cook it, I can imagine it right now.

(Sorry Dorothy, but when you describe your cooking, it always makes my mouth water and now I want shepherds pie.)
Old Apr 24th 2012, 10:09 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheetah7
May I say that I could just eat some Shepherds pie and I think Dorothy should be the one to cook it, I can imagine it right now.

(Sorry Dorothy, but when you describe your cooking, it always makes my mouth water and now I want shepherds pie.)
I'll make you Shepherds pie any time Sam. I didn't get to be a fat broad by being a crappy cook.
Old Apr 24th 2012, 10:14 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll make you Shepherds pie any time Sam. I didn't get to be a fat broad by being a crappy cook.
I just have a craving for it - a nice winter dish.
Old Apr 24th 2012, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

In case you do buy, I abandoned internet as just couldn't wait and went to Bing Lee - their price $199 but got them down to $160. Cheapest internet was $150 and had to wait a week for delivery .
Old Apr 26th 2012, 7:53 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PENNY45
Dorothy and Dreamy - picked up my new Breville fast/slow on Friday and LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Would never have heard of it if not from you so THANKS so much. Cooked lovely lamb shanks and risotto and today a delicious veg soup which took all of 12 mins!
I'm glad you're loving it

You'll have so much fun trying out different things it!
Old Apr 26th 2012, 7:54 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheetah7

How bizarre... we had shepherd's pie last night for tea It's bleeding well cold enough for all sorts of stews and casseroles.
Old Apr 26th 2012, 8:17 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

me to, there goes my budget
Old Apr 26th 2012, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PENNY45
I have just gone out and bought one of these following all your recommendations. Got it for $145 at the Good Guys. Need something to cook fairly quickly as not a lot of time after work etc. Am new to all this, can anyone suggest an easy recipe to get me started or recommend a good book? Thank you.
Old Apr 26th 2012, 9:27 am
Still alive

Originally Posted by Pootle
I have just gone out and bought one of these following all your recommendations. Got it for $145 at the Good Guys. Need something to cook fairly quickly as not a lot of time after work etc. Am new to all this, can anyone suggest an easy recipe to get me started or recommend a good book? Thank you.
I make pumkin soup in 15 minutes. Throw in a peeled cut up pumpkin (Kent I think it is), a couple of chopped carrots, a couple of chopped onions, a peeled sweet potato and a clove of chopped garlic, a pinch of each cinnamon, cloves and ginger. Cover with chicken stock and cook on medium pressure for 15 minutes. After you've vented the steam open the lid and puree with a stick blender (careful, it's still really freakin' hot!). Blend in about 2 cups milk or cream and season with salt & pepper.

There are some good recipes in the instruction book that came with mine. You can also google pressure cooker recipes and find loads of good stuff.
Old Apr 26th 2012, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

I make pumkin soup in 15 minutes. Throw in a peeled cut up pumpkin (Kent I think it is), a couple of chopped carrots, a couple of chopped onions, a peeled sweet potato and a clove of chopped garlic, a pinch of each cinnamon, cloves and ginger. Cover with chicken stock and cook on medium pressure for 15 minutes. After you've vented the steam open the lid and puree with a stick blender (careful, it's still really freakin' hot!). Blend in about 2 cups milk or cream and season with salt & pepper.

There are some good recipes in the instruction book that came with mine. You can also google pressure cooker recipes and find loads of good stuff.
Sounds lovely, I'll give it a go. Thank you very much!
Old Apr 26th 2012, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pootle
I liked the recipes in the book too (but have ordered another from book depository too). My veg soup was made from: rest of gravy from lamb shanks, half pumpkin, half massive sweet potato, 4 small parsnips, red onion, wilting broccoli and celery(!) a swede and some carrots. herbs from garden and water. Cooked for 12 mins on high, blended and added more water as too thick. I reckon we got about 12 generous bowls from it altogether.

My local good guys had sold out, bugger!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.