Wikiposts

British Expats

Old Sep 2nd 2009, 7:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Expats

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
I like to make friends at bbqs by saying the nicest part of Australia is New Zealand.
Australians have a deep ingrained appreciation for the truth,no matter how blunt,so i have been informed,so you'll be a star,no worries.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 7:06 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

I like to make friends at bbqs by saying the nicest part of Australia is New Zealand.
Im surprised you know what the word friends means dear boy,jesus i would hate to get stuck chatting to you
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 7:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petensue
It means that you don't keep going on about how wonderful it was back in England or how horrible it is in Australia that is all.Sue.
If it was all so easy.Perhaps there is just a little more involved with the friendship issue here in Australia.....????
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
If it was all so easy.Perhaps there is just a little more involved with the friendship issue here in Australia.....????
Of course there is.I was referring to the posts about Aussies not liking the English to which I replied in my experience Aussies don't care where you are from as long as you fit in.I then explained what fitting in meant.Sue.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 7:34 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Wine here amazing?Perhaps if they held back on certain additives it may be even more so.
For my money the best wine wine comes from the Cape.(RSA)
Amazing. The extent at which the French have involved themselves in the wine industry here is a good indication. It's been the best selling wine in the UK for some time now and that is the ordinary stuff. RSA wine is excellent also as is Chilean. I would venture I drink more wine than anybody on the board so feel qualified to comment
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:50 pm
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Im surprised you know what the word friends means dear boy,jesus i would hate to get stuck chatting to you
It was meant in jest.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

It was meant in jest.
You remind me of someone who used to post on here.....I just dont wanna ask who!

So, I will in private, not expecting an answer........
Old Sep 4th 2009, 4:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by kporte
Amazing. The extent at which the French have involved themselves in the wine industry here is a good indication. It's been the best selling wine in the UK for some time now and that is the ordinary stuff. RSA wine is excellent also as is Chilean. I would venture I drink more wine than anybody on the board so feel qualified to comment
Aussie wine has done well also in Sweden of all places also. Actually understand there has been a decline in sales of recent i believe in the UK & European markets.. In Europe we could buy it for what appeared to be considerably cheaper there than could be purchased in Australia.(less impost)
Old Sep 4th 2009, 5:06 am
Account Closed

jasonlec is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Here - you'll fit in if you drive like a twat, wear long thick white socks with flip flops, wear furry boots and knitted hats in the summer, wear lumberjack shirts, have long goatie beards, suck on straw and play the banjo at the same time, own a dog and let it bark all day and night whilst threating the neighbours, and listen to dodgy 80's music.

As you said, you fit in, must be the accent
Old Sep 4th 2009, 7:41 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

I
Be proud of you country but do you have to have a tattoo of your country's flag/emblem to prove it.
I have... I assume that makes me a yob?
Old Sep 4th 2009, 7:50 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I have... I assume that makes me a yob?
from this thread I assume yes. Unless you are scottish and have a taste for wine without a screw top, read a top notch news paper, dont know an acceptable one, presume the sunday post with oor willie and the broons special edition, oh and dont have a regional accent?
Old Sep 4th 2009, 7:55 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jasonlec
from this thread I assume yes. Unless you are scottish and have a taste for wine without a screw top, read a top notch news paper, dont know an acceptable one, presume the sunday post with oor willie and the broons special edition, oh and dont have a regional accent?
I fail on all counts.
I'm English
Can't stand wine at all... much prefer beer.
The only paper I read here in Oz are the free ones !! (though I did used to read The Times in the UK)
I spent most of my first 30 odd years living on a council estate in Manchester... you could say that my accent isn't exactly BBC English.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 8:25 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I fail on all counts.
I'm English
Can't stand wine at all... much prefer beer.
The only paper I read here in Oz are the free ones !! (though I did used to read The Times in the UK)
I spent most of my first 30 odd years living on a council estate in Manchester... you could say that my accent isn't exactly BBC English.
Well then iatcfm, that counts us both out of the society list, back to the gutter then me-thinks.
Oh, I read the paper thats been left behind by some-one else, therefore freebie.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 3:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

You know the ones I mean. They are the ones on Australia Day dressed head to toe in Australian garb, completely drunk by 10.30 am.
Quite rare, I would say - for me it is the other way around - the endless Union Flags and circles of nothing more than Brits. I get amused about the surburbanites who are struggling to swap one form of mindless suburbia for another.

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
Barbecues are pretty boring in my opinion. Standing around drinking foul beer and pretending to be interested in Bazza's lengthy account of the last AFL game.
I can't remember the last time we ever did this. Round here, it tends to be people having people over for dinner. If food gets cooked on a barbie it is done quickly and expediently. Not a paper plate in sight/on site.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 4:37 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
I dont know, he could be on to something here. Maybe he should add how lucky Oz is to have such a great workforce coming from across the tasman.

Kiwi

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.