British Expats

Old Sep 3rd 2009, 2:27 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Expats

Originally Posted by bcworld
Not someone else, but I was in a cafe in Melbourne last weekend and found a copy of the international edition of the Daily Express - big union jack beaming on the front page. Reading it made me fairly embarrassed to be British - I hope noone else in there read it!

Because of the standard of the "journalism"?
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 2:29 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
A couple of years ago my newly arrived, eldest brother threw a tantrum in front of the Telstra guy because he couldnt get wireless internet in his suburb. Unfortunately for my nob of a brother, nobody in Australia could give two shits that he thinks hes the Alan Sugar of Adelaide.

How embarrassing.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 2:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar

Im pretty sure that 'sad rag' is printed here in Australia. - even more of a reason not to read it.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 2:33 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

.....aye, it was horrible, really horrible...there's honestly nothing like it here, I had forgotten how awful it is! Just page after page of demonising some group in society who isn't white with 2 kids and lives in Guildford! Teenagers, muslims, bloody foreigners etc etc etc. Plenty of people on this site clearly lap it up though!
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 2:33 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

I think I just find any over the top nationalism abit cringworthy.

Be proud of you country but do you have to have a tattoo of your country's flag/emblem to prove it.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 2:35 am
Banned

I agree.

Unfortuntely there are lots of Daily Mail/Express reading expats over here. Complaining that they left the uk because of immigrants etc.

Originally Posted by bcworld
.....aye, it was horrible, really horrible...there's honestly nothing like it here, I had forgotten how awful it is! Just page after page of demonising some group in society who isn't white with 2 kids and lives in Guildford! Teenagers, muslims, bloody foreigners etc etc etc. Plenty of people on this site clearly lap it up though!
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 4:14 am
BE Enthusiast

jimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to all

I think I just find any over the top nationalism abit cringworthy.

Be proud of you country but do you have to have a tattoo of your country's flag/emblem to prove it.
What is it with Scots having to display a sticker on their cars in Oz with the St Andrews, not having a go at Scots in general, just asking why they have to have a sticker on their car, no other nationality does that really apart from the odd bogan aussie?
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 4:17 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

I have a "pompey down under" sticker on my car...are you embarassed?
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 4:20 am
Banned

No but you should be.

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 4:26 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimbo_d
What is it with Scots having to display a sticker on their cars in Oz with the St Andrews, not having a go at Scots in general, just asking why they have to have a sticker on their car, no other nationality does that really apart from the odd bogan aussie?
That's utter pish - i've saw plenty of England car stickers around, along with loads of Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal.

..and yes, I am one of those Scots who has a St.Andrews sticker on my car, along with a Lion Rampant.

What's wrong with that? Hey, hey? People do that back home too.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 4:37 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
depends, what kind of car is it?
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 4:38 am
Banned

Originally Posted by seang
depends, what kind of car is it?
I heard it was a Lada
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 5:05 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jimbo_d
It is so people don't mistake us for English. We get a better reception where ever we go if this is made clear. This is not meant to be a dig at the English by the way, I love them, it's just the way it is.....
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 5:07 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

I heard it was a Lada
No its a classic Skyline
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 5:13 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
It is so people don't mistake us for English. We get a better reception where ever we go if this is made clear.
How do you know?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.