Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

A big shout out for Joondalup Police

A big shout out for Joondalup Police

Old May 27th 2012, 6:25 pm

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A big shout out for Joondalup Police

Originally Posted by Beaverstate
I can see trusting your 14 yr old daughter. It's everyone else she may run into at 3am which would seriously concern me.
I was talking about the op's little girl.I think she's 14.I'm sure somebody will be along soon to correct me if I'm wrong.
Old May 27th 2012, 7:28 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A big shout out for Joondalup Police

We run a GPS tracking company and have recently introduced a small device that can be used to locate kids / alzheimers patients etc.

Our kids trial things for us all the time; from GPS tracking watches to apps on their mobile phones. My son is ribbed by his mates that 'Mummy and Daddy need to know where you are all the time', but he's quite mature enough to handle their comments. Although he has joked when he's handed one back to us - 'here's your tracking device; along with my dignity' (he has my sense of humour ).

We featured on Channel 7 news recently with the device and there's a lot of debate about the invasion of privacy issue; but with a panic button and email alerts so I know when they are on the school bus, off the bus and safely at home; I think it gives them a little freedom with peace of mind for me.

As always though - where there's an off button.....

I feel for you NB. As the song goes: 'Teenagers scare the living sh*t out of me.'

Jules x