Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

A big shout out for Joondalup Police

A big shout out for Joondalup Police

Old May 27th 2012, 1:50 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default A big shout out for Joondalup Police

When usually people are bagging the police I just wanted to say that I had an encounter with them last night that needed some recognition. Teenage daughter goes AWOL again but this time I have absolutely no idea where she is and neither to any of her close friends. Despite it being a Saturday night they are nothing but courteous and helpful and after 5 hours of them driving the streets and door knocking she is returned home with the biggest flea in her ear from a very nice female officer.

So thanks where thanks are due I think.
Old May 27th 2012, 2:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A big shout out for Joondalup Police

Originally Posted by northernbird
When usually people are bagging the police I just wanted to say that I had an encounter with them last night that needed some recognition. Teenage daughter goes AWOL again but this time I have absolutely no idea where she is and neither to any of her close friends. Despite it being a Saturday night they are nothing but courteous and helpful and after 5 hours of them driving the streets and door knocking she is returned home with the biggest flea in her ear from a very nice female officer.

Good stuff, NB. The best bits I mean, not the AWOL.
Old May 27th 2012, 2:26 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear

Hope your daughter is okay, and you... Sounds like a stressful time.
Old May 27th 2012, 2:52 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully it may help her rethink her actions.While mine haven't gone awol I do understand your anguish.We are banging our heads with our 14 year old.I say something and she hears something completely different.Just popped a valium that I had put aside for emergencies.Just waiting for it to kick in.
Old May 27th 2012, 4:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

God, I'm dreading the teenage years.

Hang on in there NB. (And IB)
Old May 27th 2012, 5:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Kevin appears to be over the teens.... But I remember em well... And am waiting for the rest to kick in.... I have a feeling that Gorgeous may be too laid back to do teenage behaviour... Its hard being defiant and rebellious when you never leave horizontal.....

Hoppalong kid is too mature for teen behaviour... She is already in her 30's (at 13!!!!!)

Mumbles, well we shall see....

All I know is that your daughter will get over it ...IF she lives that long.... Is boarding school an option???? Might be fairer all round... Coz its deffo NOT fair her doing this to you whilst you are on your own to cope with it.... !

Its a hard line we walk.... Being honest about our kids failings, whilst not wanting to taint them in others opinions.... All these people you meet with "perfect" children..... They LIE!!!!!
Old May 27th 2012, 5:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird

Our 14YO Son has done some similar things. He is just feeling his hormones and pusing the bounderies a bit, in a way my Daughters never did. We started a hunt for him after he never returned home from School. So around 5.30 pm we started to phone his freinds etc. He had already lost 2 mobile phones so he didnt have one on him. We knew he had gone to a skate park with a different group of kids, via information received from his other freinds....(it was actually the one where that teenager got shot by the police in Northcote) and was in a different enironment than usual. We drove there... he was gone, drove home he wasnt home. Daughter hacked his Facebook account.... still no news. He wandered in at 8pm... just when we were about to go to the Police. Apparently no one would lend him a phone for him to text or let us know.

He was pretty upset about his sister contacting his freinds on his facebook account though... so that stigma of being looked for is a very strong detterent. We gave him his 3rd phone after that and so far so good.

Tis hard keeping him home though and we have to work on some really good strategies for making him do what we want him to. Apparently this stroppy stage should be over by the time he turns 16
Old May 27th 2012, 10:47 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all, certainly is a challenging time at the moment.

She was frogmarched to the police station today and made to apologise to the officers on duty for the waste of resources used trying to find her.

Tomorrow's another day!
Old May 27th 2012, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

Glad she was found safely NB & hopefully the experience (especially being made to go back today to face them & apologise) will have a desired effect.

I also was pleasantly impressed by the police here today. The were 3 lads messing about inside the school grounds earlier so I rang the police (the local number not the emergency one). The police were here with in about 5 minutes & after about 10-15 minutes managed to round up all of them who had legged it but stupidly still hung around the area. The lads may well have not been doing any damage in the school other than chucking plastic bottles full of fluid (of some unknown description) at the fences but you never know, plus they were very quick to climb over the barbed wire fence & hide in the bushes on the oval when the police did arrive.

Beginning to wonder about the area I live in though after all the sirens early hours of Saturday morning when a car chase ended around the corner from us & then the bottle shop being done over last night. Although the news said it was only 8 youths, not 15 as is going round on facebook
Old May 28th 2012, 1:58 am
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad she was ok. Well done for getting her to apologise to them too! She'll know they know about her antics now and that you're not afraid to go to them if she does it again. I hope it is a deterrent.

I have a 7 year old going on 17 and am quite frankly scared about the teenage years. Although maybe it'll be my beautiful boy who loses the plot and she'll be ok..........We shall see!
Old May 28th 2012, 2:05 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

If she has a mobile consider putting a tracker on her phone.
Old May 28th 2012, 3:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukecadet

Hmmm.... That's a contentious concept.

IE: would you tell them or not ?

I think I would have to tell my son..... In which case probably not a good idea.

If you dont tell them... then your the ones acting with mistrust.

Have to give that one some real thought.
Old May 28th 2012, 3:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I think I would have to tell my son..... In which case probably not a good idea.

Worst case scenerio would be not telling them and them finding out.

I can tell you some real terrible mistrust stories re Teenagers...Very close Freinds of ours 17 YOdaughter spent over 5,000k on her mums credit card for instance.
Old May 28th 2012, 6:05 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle

Worst case scenerio would be not telling them and them finding out.

I can tell you some real terrible mistrust stories re Teenagers...Very close Freinds of ours 17 YOdaughter spent over 5,000k on her mums credit card for instance.
Hmmmm It's 3 am and my 14 yr old girls not home but at least we trust each other.Bugger the trust issue;if my young teenage daughter was missing in the middle of the night I'd like to think I could find her.

Last edited by ukecadet; May 28th 2012 at 7:18 am.
Old May 28th 2012, 6:12 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmm It's 3 am and my 14 yr old girls not home but at least we trust each other.
I can see trusting your 14 yr old daughter. It's everyone else she may run into at 3am which would seriously concern me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.