Australia's burning

Old Nov 11th 2019, 2:26 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default NSW &Queensland - State of Fire Emergency declared

Queensland - State of Fire Emergency declared 9th November 2019.

Queensland government newsroom bulletin

New South Wales Fire and Rescue

Dreadful bush fire situations developing which seems to be early this season. I remember the one we had very close by here to us last year here in NZ, with all the evacuations & himself out with Civil Defence.

For all those of you in Queensland and NSW , I hope you are not close or if you are close, that you are safe and prepared.
To Polly in Queensland. Long tough hours no doubt. It is great work that you do within the disaster management team .
Brave, dangerous work for all the first and second responders and volunteers.

Here is hoping for rains & no gusty wind.

Old Nov 11th 2019, 2:44 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: NSW &Queensland - State of Fire Emergency declared

Originally Posted by BEVS
Queensland - State of Fire Emergency declared 9th November 2019.

Queensland government newsroom bulletin

Dreadful bush fire situations developing which seems to be early this season. I remember the one we had very close by here to us last year here in NZ, with all the evacuations & himself out with Civil Defence.

For all those of you in Queensland , I hope you are not close or if you are close, that you are safe and prepared.
To Polly. Long tough hours no doubt. It is great work that you do within the disaster management team .
Brave, dangerous work for all the first and second responders and volunteers.

Here is hoping for rains & no gusty wind.

It's really bad BEVS. NSW has also declared a State of Emergency, including across the Sydney metropolitan area. It's the maximum level of bushfire warning, which is described as catastrophic.

The forecast for tomorrow's weather conditions is really bad. Above all, I hope there are no more deaths.
Old Nov 11th 2019, 2:47 am
`

Default re: NSW &Queensland - State of Fire Emergency declared

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
It's really bad BEVS. NSW has also declared a State of Emergency, including across the Sydney metropolitan area. It's the maximum level of bushfire warning, which is described as catastrophic.

The forecast for tomorrow's weather conditions is really bad. Above all, I hope there are no more deaths.
Oh gawd yes. Sydney and surrounds ! Of course it is in another state entirely.
Thanks for highlighting. I will amend the thread title & my post.
Old Nov 11th 2019, 4:12 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NSW &Queensland - State of Fire Emergency declared

Originally Posted by BEVS
Oh gawd yes. Sydney and surrounds ! Of course it is in another state entirely.
Thanks for highlighting. I will amend the thread title & my post.
It was good of you to write such a lovely post BEVS, and to acknowledge the work that Polly and her colleagues do Those poor firies, they must be exhausted. Such a dangerous job, bless them all.
Old Nov 11th 2019, 5:28 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

We're packed and ready to go, if necessary.

2013 is still very fresh in our mind, so we won't be taking any chances.

Old Nov 11th 2019, 6:22 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Dreamy

I'll be keeping you in my thoughts Dreamy. Good on you for being prepared. Stay safe mate.
Old Nov 11th 2019, 7:55 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Australia's burning

How's it going Aussies? Lots of news about the Sydney fires, anyone affected? Looks horrendous.
Old Nov 11th 2019, 8:18 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia's burning

It's bad, Shard. Thread going here https://britishexpats.com/forum/aust...clared-929175/

Keeping my eye on Dreamy and nagging her frequently. I do have friends and work associates evacuated and with lost properties, don't need her to join them.

I'll land in Sydney on Saturday for nearly a month; thankfully my place is close to the city centre but I'll have my inhaler at hand.
Old Nov 11th 2019, 10:11 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
How's it going Aussies? Lots of news about the Sydney fires, anyone affected? Looks horrendous.
I could tell when the British media reported on it with the deluge of calls from concerned relatives within seconds of each other!

We're in the Blue Mountains, which is basically 1 1/2 roads (with off-shoots) surrounded by bush. At the first sign of anything, we'll be off, especially if exit routes are threatened. If we didn't have a houseful of animals, we would have been off yesterday, but animals make logistics a little more interesting. So far, all good here. From what I can see from the Rural Fire Service "fires near me" site, Sydney as a whole is currently incident free.

It's still really bad up the NE coast of NSW/SE coast of QLD, so hopefully everyone there is able to stay safe.
Old Nov 11th 2019, 10:16 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, hope everyone can be safe. Saw some satellite photos with very clear smoke plumes, so it must be massive. Hope there's no blocked up evacuation routes.
Old Nov 12th 2019, 3:55 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

How's it going Dreamy? I hope that you're okay. Have checked in with a couple of mates in NSW today.
Stay safe all x
Old Nov 12th 2019, 4:42 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
How's it going Dreamy? I hope that you're okay. Have checked in with a couple of mates in NSW today.
Stay safe all x
I don't know exactly where Dreamy is in the Blue Mountains, I wish I did because I've been checking the warnings. So many fires that are out of control, it's horrific. A link for people who know the location of mates in NSW https://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/fire-info...r-fire-updates
Old Nov 12th 2019, 4:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I don't know exactly where Dreamy is in the Blue Mountains, I wish I did because I've been checking the warnings. So many fires that are out of control, it's horrific. A link for people who know the location of mates in NSW https://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/fire-info...r-fire-updates
Cheers for that duck. I know where my friends are in the Gong but not another one who lives north of Sydney. Hopefully we'll have news of Dreamy sometime today.
Old Nov 12th 2019, 5:16 am
`

Originally Posted by Dreamy

Incredibly difficult all round . Families. Homes. Pets.

We know there are other BEers out there that may not post here so much so these days but remain connected to us all one way or another.

All the best everyone with these dreadful fires. Just stay safe .

Old Nov 12th 2019, 5:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Stay safe everyonr and good luck Polly! Personally I'm scared sh!tless at the thought of them having been through one, done recovery on several and had my son burned out totally in the past. No way would I every live in the bush, Canberra is bad enough!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.