Are Australians Weird???

Wikiposts

Are Australians Weird???

Old Apr 2nd 2007, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

Brewer1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Are Australians Weird???

Originally Posted by Hutch
So. To get to the nuts and bolts of this. You're right because you're a born and bred Aussie, whilst an immigrant, no matter how long they've lived here is incorrect by dint of the fact that they're from foreign shores?

Given which, what makes you think you're right in your assertion that all the Brits are like some big tribal happy family marching down the streets arm-in-arm (borderline homosexual behaviour, surely) like a national band-of-brothers, whom after two pints of heavy will befriend you forever - despite the fact that everyone else is a born-and-bred pom and disagrees with you?

Can't have it both ways mate.
That was a bit silly. I don't quite percieve Brits as such. Actually I am rather aware that in the scheme of things Aussies and Brits arent very disimiliar.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:00 pm
Banned

007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all

Nah - I employ well-travelled aussies to do that.
The longer the fingers the better no doubt.

Brewer1 was right after all.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

So. To get to the nuts and bolts of this. You're right because you're a born and bred Aussie, whilst an immigrant, no matter how long they've lived here is incorrect by dint of the fact that they're from foreign shores?

Given which, what makes you think you're right in your assertion that all the Brits are like some big tribal happy family marching down the streets arm-in-arm (borderline homosexual behaviour, surely) like a national band-of-brothers, whom after two pints of heavy will befriend you forever - despite the fact that everyone else is a born-and-bred pom and disagrees with you?

Can't have it both ways mate.
Secondly a short glance at old posts on this forum leads me to believe that there have been Brits that have shared my perception of Australians.
And the thing about "all Aussies are poofters"-thats old hat, real old hat.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:01 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brewer1
That was a bit silly. I don't quite percieve Brits as such. Actually I am rather aware that in the scheme of things Aussies and Brits arent very disimiliar.
So "almost all the men are gay" in both the UK and Australia? Or is that silly too?
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

Actually "the English" do have a tendency towards homosexuality-and rather obviously this feeds into my point about Aussies. My theory being that this pre-existing inclination has further developed in Australia.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:04 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 007
The longer the fingers the better no doubt.

Brewer1 was right after all.
Oh okay - you've outed me - I 'fess up.

I'm gay and so is my wife.

Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:05 pm
Banned

007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all

Oh okay - you've outed me - I 'fess up.

I'm gay and so is my wife.

That must make for a very interesting Saturday night nookie.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:06 pm
Banned

I know an aussie who actually enjoys going for his over 40 prostate exam.

And no, not because of the free lollypop at the end of the consultation.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:08 pm
Australia's Doorman

Actually "the English" do have a tendency towards homosexuality-and rather obviously this feeds into my point about Aussies. My theory being that this pre-existing inclination has further developed in Australia.
Only a tendency? And only an inclination? So would you say that people are born gay, or become gay due to outside influences?
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:13 pm
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

Actually "the English" do have a tendency towards homosexuality
Any more than any other country??
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

Only a tendency? And only an inclination? So would you say that people are born gay, or become gay due to outside influences?
I once thought people might be born gay-I have come to seriously doubt this. I believe some poeple might be "born gay" but I believe homosexuality is largely a matter of, outside influences.
In other words I believe that the percentage of people "born gay" is relatively static(though this might not be the case) across cultures. However an additional number are gay as a result of outside influences.
Actually I believe most people are neither born gay or straight and become one OR the other OR both as a result of outside influences.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by stevemich
Any more than any other country??
definately. generally northern europeans have a tendency to be gay over and above others.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Secondly a short glance at old posts on this forum leads me to believe that there have been Brits that have shared my perception of Australians.
And the thing about "all Aussies are poofters"-thats old hat, real old hat.
eh? But its OK for English to be?

I've actually raised an eyebrow.

I'm not gay (proof on submission of email address) but my exclusive public schooling has pre-disposed me to liking ginger beer, playing sport and saying "Hurrah" every opportunity whilst being rodgered senseless by the CCF RSM.

Last edited by BadgeIsBack; Apr 2nd 2007 at 2:17 pm.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:16 pm
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

definately. generally northern europeans have a tendency to be gay over and above others.
Do you have any figures to back this up, or are you basing your entire arguement on a stereotype that you choose to apply to all northern Europeans?
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by stevemich
Do you have any figures to back this up, or are you basing your entire arguement on a stereotype that you choose to apply to all northern Europeans?
There is loads of research backing this sort of thing up. The basic idea being homosexuality is more prevelant in-
1.Highly competitive or militaristic societies
2.Advanced liberal societies

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.