Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Are Australians Weird???

Are Australians Weird???

Old Apr 1st 2007, 2:12 am
Forum Regular

Brewer1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Are Australians Weird???

This is an honest question-I am new to this forum(immigrated a couple of months back).
I find Aussies weird, kin of strange in an indefinable way-does anyone else feel this way??
Old Apr 1st 2007, 2:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are Australians Weird???

Originally Posted by Brewer1
This is an honest question-I am new to this forum(immigrated a couple of months back).
I find Aussies weird, kin of strange in an indefinable way-does anyone else feel this way??

Only the English ones

Sorry, couldn't resist!
Old Apr 1st 2007, 2:14 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

No
Old Apr 1st 2007, 2:15 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

No.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 2:16 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps the Australians find you weird in a strange indefinable way?
Old Apr 1st 2007, 2:22 am
Forum Regular

Like I said this is a genuine question. I see the type of replies I am getting are of the "maybe they find you weird" variety. I didnt say I feel superior to Australians-I didnt make fun of the way they dress, I am not even talking about how they relate to me.
I just suspect something is odd about them-for instance I keep suspecting that almost all the men are gay (NOT that I have a problem with that). I feel they lack a moral anchor, there is something missing in them. An emptiness-I don't know.

Last edited by Brewer1; Apr 1st 2007 at 2:24 am.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

annholly has a spectacular aura aboutannholly has a spectacular aura aboutannholly has a spectacular aura about

Like I said this is a genuine question. I see the type of replies I am getting are of the "maybe they find you weird" variety. I didnt say I feel superior to Australians-I didnt make fun of the way they dress, I am not even talking about how they relate to me.
I just suspect something is odd about them-for instance I keep suspecting that almost all the men are gay (NOT that I have aproblem with that). I feel they lack a moral anchor, there is something missing in them. An emptiness-I don't know.
oh dear *sits back and waits for the barrage of indignance*
Old Apr 1st 2007, 2:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annholly
oh dear *sits back and waits for the barrage of indignance*

Want some popcorn?

or how about some pizza?

Old Apr 1st 2007, 2:29 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I just suspect something is odd about them-for instance I keep suspecting that almost all the men are gay (NOT that I have aproblem with that). I feel they lack a moral anchor, there is something missing in them. An emptiness-I don't know.
I apologise in advance, but I think you have issues. I think you are seeing stuff that isn't there. If you've only been here a couple of months I'm not sure how you decided that they all lack a moral anchor - whatever the hell that is, or how you see it but I guess we're all different and see things differently.

Wendy - no olives thanks
Old Apr 1st 2007, 2:32 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

I just suspect something is odd about them-for instance I keep suspecting that almost all the men are gay (NOT that I have a problem with that). I feel they lack a moral anchor, there is something missing in them. An emptiness-I don't know.
This has got to be an April Fool's surely!
Old Apr 1st 2007, 2:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I apologise in advance, but I think you have issues. I think you are seeing stuff that isn't there. If you've only been here a couple of months I'm not sure how you decided that they all lack a moral anchor - whatever the hell that is, or how you see it but I guess we're all different and see things differently.
I love it here-am not homesick and like Australians. If I have issues they arent related to this topic.
I understand that "weirdness" is highly subjective. I DON"T like people in the UK very much at all, I don't think they set the standards for normative behaviour-I never want to return to the UK, but.....
I find Aussies odd-thats all, Like I say empty, distant, a bit unprincipled
and before I get shouted down I have an Aussie fiance and a fair few Aussie mates.
Its the emptiness, vagueness, they are remote I dunno....
Old Apr 1st 2007, 2:34 am
Forum Regular

annholly has a spectacular aura aboutannholly has a spectacular aura aboutannholly has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Wendy
happy enough with me mini cheddars ta. bit late at night for pizza
Old Apr 1st 2007, 2:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by bridie
This has got to be an April Fool's surely!

Aw, you've spoilt it now
Old Apr 1st 2007, 2:41 am
Forum Regular

I doubt I am the first to write such a view on this site. I would appreciate it if the question was taken a bit seriously and instead of replies like 'the problems with you matey"-surely someone percieves things a bit like me and could throw some light.........
Old Apr 1st 2007, 2:58 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't find the Aussies wierd. Even though some of them prefer to wear no shoes
Even though some of them don't understand proper English

Even though they don't eat prawn cocktail flavoured crisps

Apart from that they are normal just like us!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.