Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Australia, loads of feedback from aussies

Australia, loads of feedback from aussies

Old Aug 15th 2009, 10:56 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia, loads of feedback from aussies

Originally Posted by kevin747
I assume you would like me banned for not being a "OH!e isn't Australia wonderful type"
Not at all. I am far from one of those. I prefer the more balanced approach. I have a lot of problems with the way Australia and Australians are. However, I am also aware of the some of the problems that are present in the UK. Overall, my quality of life is far superior here than it is or even could be in the UK. That doesn't mean I am waving that in the face of everyone back there, it is just a simple fact. I whinge just as much as many people on here about some the sh!t stuff this country does, but it is never done with intention to be a mass generalisation where it descends into a "Australians are so retarded compared to Brits" thread.

You have admitted that your sole intention is to fire people up. I don't really understand that and can only put that down to boredom. I suggest you give Hollyoaks another try, for all of our sakes.
Old Aug 15th 2009, 10:57 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheSun
leave kev alone, his posts always make me laugh
Ditto
Old Aug 15th 2009, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto again.
Old Aug 15th 2009, 11:13 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone has a right to their own opinion and there's no problem in that however if anyone around here is deliberately winding others up, baiting, trolling or whatever they want to call it, then carry on. You'll find this childish behavior loses you adult credibility and gets you banned. No problem. Behave like an idiot and you'll get treated like one

As for Aus Vs UK. This is the oldest debate in the book and is so bloody boring. The cliche is "what's one mans meat is another mans poison". Can't we just accept neither UK or Aus is perfect and it's just that some people prefer one to the other for a myriad of reasons so there's no right, no wrong just a difference of what people want out of life. To suggest someone is dull, boring or whatever for preferring one over the other is just plain silly and immature and suggests insecurity in their own level of understanding.

Let's play nice folks and respect difference of opinion without getting into silly arguments for a change
Old Aug 15th 2009, 11:15 pm

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Everyone has a right to their own opinion and there's no problem in that however if anyone around here is deliberately winding others up, baiting, trolling or whatever they want to call it, then carry on. You'll find this childish behavior loses you adult credibility and gets you banned. No problem. Behave like an idiot and you'll get treated like one

As for Aus Vs UK. This is the oldest debate in the book and is so bloody boring. The cliche is "what's one mans meat is another mans poison". Can't we just accept neither UK or Aus is perfect and it's just that some people prefer one to the other for a myriad of reasons so there's no right, no wrong just a difference of what people want out of life. To suggest someone is dull, boring or whatever for preferring one over the other is just plain silly and immature and suggests insecurity in their own level of understanding.

Let's play nice folks and respect difference of opinion without getting into silly arguments for a change
Hear hear you
Old Aug 15th 2009, 11:23 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Hear hear you
Narrh, that would just be boring. Lets all rip one another to bits instead. Its loads more fun.
Old Aug 15th 2009, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Narrh, that would just be boring. Lets all rip one another to bits instead. Its loads more fun.

eejit
Old Aug 15th 2009, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

TheSun is just really niceTheSun is just really niceTheSun is just really niceTheSun is just really niceTheSun is just really niceTheSun is just really niceTheSun is just really niceTheSun is just really nice

Yep, the bickering, trolling and arguing are what makes visiting this site fun. There's too much interference from the fun police, sorry, er mods

Last edited by TheSun; Aug 15th 2009 at 11:57 pm.
Old Aug 15th 2009, 11:45 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Hear hear you

And usually ends in the thread being closed which is crap. At least if we behave ourselves everyone gets to say their bit, which is fandabbydozy

Originally Posted by TheSun
Yep, the bickering, trolling and arguing are what makes visiting this site fun to visit. There's too much interferance from the fun police, sorry, er mods
We can't please all of the people all of the time so we have to play fair. That means stopping the bickering,trolling and arguing when it looks like it's getting out of hand. Sometimes some folk just don't know when to stop and keep digging a bigger hole, it's then when the fun police need to step in the kindergarden and smack legs

Now behave yourselves monkeys
Old Aug 15th 2009, 11:57 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

I like to keep in touch with people who helped me when i lived in Oz .I do get a few messages of support and hopefully have helped others.
You certainly help me! Every time you post, you remind me why I left the UK.

I assume you would like me banned for not being a "OH!e isn't Australia wonderful type"
Otherwise known as the, "Is it cos I is black?" defence.

Any second now you're bound to fall foul of Godwin's law.

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
You have admitted that your sole intention is to fire people up. I don't really understand that and can only put that down to boredom. I suggest you give Hollyoaks another try, for all of our sakes.
Amen.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 12:02 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hutch
Any second now you're bound to fall foul of Godwin's law.
Bit of a right wing comment...
Old Aug 16th 2009, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I'm happy, I dont consider myself to be boring nor smug. Life here has not been a bed of roses, in fact lately Ive been sitting on some pretty big thorns.

I am not a dullard, I am not deluded and I dont wear rose tinted glasses.

I just like living here.

Personally, I have bigger things to think about than what I left behind in the UK, I am too busy trying to look forward and concentrate on what is front of me.

You know what? When you continually slate someone for choosing to live their lives a certain way, you might find yourself missing out on the good stuff.

Live and let live (whether it be Oz or the UK or anywhere for that matter)
I agree wth PP on this. Life's too short. Will never understand a person who has returned from OZ, deciding the country is not for them, & then taking time out to slate that country on this forum. Why not just get back to your life in the UK & start living it!

People who write everybody in OZ/UK are this or that are just showing up their own ignorance.

On the up-side though, I have some good news gained from this thread.
I am 40, but am constantly told I look about 10 yrs younger. Apparently Aussies in their 30's look as if they are in their 40's. Aussie culture is stuck in the 1980's.
So when I come over I will be about 19 by OZ standards, & the clubs will be playing Rick Astley. Bring it on
Babycham anyone? (or was that 70's?)
Old Aug 16th 2009, 12:06 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

The Gestapo will be along in a minute.......
Old Aug 16th 2009, 12:08 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NELBHOY
I agree wth PP on this. Life's too short. Will never understand a person who has returned from OZ, deciding the country is not for them, & then taking time out to slate that country on this forum. Why not just get back to your life in the UK & start living it!
Even worse if you have given the UK a right slating before moving to Oz in the first place
Old Aug 16th 2009, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by NELBHOY

People who write everybody in OZ/UK are this or that are just showing up their own ignorance.

On the up-side though, I have some good news gained from this thread.
I am 40, but am constantly told I look about 10 yrs younger. Apparently Aussies in their 30's look as if they are in their 40's. Aussie culture is stuck in the 1980's.
So when I come over I will be about 19 by OZ standards, & the clubs will be playing Rick Astley. Bring it on
Babycham anyone? (or was that 70's?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.