Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Australia, loads of feedback from aussies

Wikiposts

Australia, loads of feedback from aussies

Old Aug 16th 2009, 4:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia, loads of feedback from aussies

Originally Posted by the troubadour
England most definately has more than contributed it's share of slagging off the rest of Europe,be it the French or the Germans along with others.
One would imagine that it is just that little bit harder these days to convince the Little Englanders amoung the population, that they are superior with so many taking flight to France and Spain and Portugal et al.
I think most English schoolboys - and I was one myself - then - not now! can still remember a sense of satisfaction in knowing that the Spifire and Hurricane kicked the Luftwaffe's arse (even if they had to roll in to the dive)...2 World Wars and 1 World Cup...etc...etc...that 2 PARA kicked the Argys' arses at Goose Green - that the Royal Marines were expert on appearing on Blue Peter - that the Yanks were a funny old lot...and that despite French women looking good naked on Channel 4, that their menfolk were gay.

I think most countries do it too. I had an epithany at about 18 when I visited other countries and enjoyed them.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 4:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
Wow this thread is impossible to read with all the deleted posts.

Not really, just insert long lines of playground type insults, or people calling each other swear words, or pretending to know stuff about people they have never met...

Surpised thread is still going, been away for weekend...

I thought the article was interesting as it was a real swing away from aussies claiming its "best country in world" etc Changing times.

Our sunday paper was back to its ranting again , Really smug article about how queenslanders are chuckling about the predicted 30 - 32 heat while still in winter. Funny that as any I speak to are going oh no, were facing the summer from hell then Agree with them.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 4:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack

I think most English schoolboys - and I was one myself - then - not now! can still remember a sense of satisfaction in knowing that the Spifire and Hurricane kicked the Luftwaffe's arse (even if they had to roll in to the dive)...2 World Wars and 1 World Cup...etc...etc...that 2 PARA kicked the Argys' arses at Goose Green - that the Royal Marines were expert on appearing on Blue Peter - that the Yanks were a funny old lot...and that despite French women looking good naked on Channel 4, that their menfolk were gay.
Its good to see your keeping the thread on topic.

Could you not do your own thread entitled Luftwaffe's arse, blue peter, Naked french women, english schoolboys and gay menfolk.

On second thoughts why not do it as a film
Old Aug 16th 2009, 4:54 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Not really, just insert long lines of playground type insults, or people calling each other swear words, or pretending to know stuff about people they have never met...

I thought the article was interesting as it was a real swing away from aussies claiming its "best country in world" etc Changing times.

Our sunday paper was back to its ranting again , Really smug article about how queenslanders are chuckling about the predicted 30 - 32 heat while still in winter. Funny that as any I speak to are going oh no, were facing the summer from hell then Agree with them.
Hotter the better for me! Getting out on the bike for a run in the sunshine and into the pool with a cold one, can't be beat!
Old Aug 16th 2009, 4:59 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
Hotter the better for me! Getting out on the bike for a run in the sunshine and into the pool with a cold one, can't be beat!
are you talking about bodies?
Old Aug 16th 2009, 5:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by kporte

Yep nice for a few days.

However we lived through summers like that early 2000's started with a dry mild winter, then drought and severe dust and bushfires, peaked with several days of 40ish, and months of mid 30's with the humidity once the storms came, can remember it being 40 in kids classes Summer went from early spring till mid may. That happened 2/3 years in a row, was bloody awful. Mad dogs and englishmen... most aussies were whinging like hell, agree with them again, it was pure evil Remember on the sites, every day they would carry off several men, passed out, tough as boots aussies passed flat out from the heat. You didnt see many people running about, thats for sure.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 5:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah right Jad...!

Its good to see your keeping the thread on topic.

Could you not do your own thread entitled Luftwaffe's arse, blue peter, Naked french women, english schoolboys and gay menfolk.

On second thoughts why not do it as a film
Old Aug 16th 2009, 5:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack

I think most countries do it too. I had an epithany at about 18 when I visited other countries and enjoyed them.
Agree with that and ofcourse there are always those that take it a little too far....Wonder if you remember the campaign that The Sun conducted in the early 90s against the French,quite a laugh really......not sure if the sinking of the Argentine war ship,Belgranno,was in such good taste,(Gotcha) as headlines.They even had a week of asking readers to send in Aussie jokes,after former PM Keating pawed the Queen.(What doesn't stop whinning after the engines are turned off?A plane load of Aussies just landed at Heathrow,)was one.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 5:38 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
are you talking about bodies?
Old Aug 16th 2009, 7:07 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
Wow this thread is impossible to read with all the deleted posts.
As the deleted posts had absolutely nothing to do with anything other than children seeing who could abuse another person the best (or worse) and at no point did any of them mention anything about Aus or the UK, it should hinder your reading not a jot. You seem to think you must have missed something. Believe you me, you've missed sod all.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 9:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Brisbane mean maximum monthly temps last 10 years (summer is from Dec-Feb): http://www.bom.gov.au/jsp/ncc/cdio/w...stn_num=040913
Old Aug 16th 2009, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Yep nice for a few days.

However we lived through summers like that early 2000's started with a dry mild winter, then drought and severe dust and bushfires, peaked with several days of 40ish, and months of mid 30's with the humidity once the storms came, can remember it being 40 in kids classes Summer went from early spring till mid may. That happened 2/3 years in a row, was bloody awful. Mad dogs and englishmen... most aussies were whinging like hell, agree with them again, it was pure evil Remember on the sites, every day they would carry off several men, passed out, tough as boots aussies passed flat out from the heat. You didnt see many people running about, thats for sure.
Funny you should mention that aspect of good weather!My twin (who lives in Adelaide)was singing the praises on Saturday of having a temp of 27c?In August?Are you kidding?I read it and felt concerned!!!
Old Aug 17th 2009, 4:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Everyone has a right to their own opinion and there's no problem in that however if anyone around here is deliberately winding others up, baiting, trolling or whatever they want to call it, then carry on. You'll find this childish behavior loses you adult credibility and gets you banned. No problem. Behave like an idiot and you'll get treated like one

As for Aus Vs UK. This is the oldest debate in the book and is so bloody boring. The cliche is "what's one mans meat is another mans poison". Can't we just accept neither UK or Aus is perfect and it's just that some people prefer one to the other for a myriad of reasons so there's no right, no wrong just a difference of what people want out of life. To suggest someone is dull, boring or whatever for preferring one over the other is just plain silly and immature and suggests insecurity in their own level of understanding.

Let's play nice folks and respect difference of opinion without getting into silly arguments for a change
It goes just a little deeper at times than that.There are people that want to read the observations and dare i say it the opinions others have made of and about their new country of settlement which includes warts and all.
Granted some debates do get a little bogged down with over zealous opinions from time to time but think of the added awareness to factors that may arise that potential newcomers have been exposed to.
People are surely wise enough to have an understanding as to what issues may be relivant to their personal lives?
Their are countless view points on how wonderful life is in Australia,to which i am sure that the Australian Immigration Dept and even Tourist Office would highly approve off.
Agree personal insults should not be a feature nor cruditity but then there is a fine line between having to police the content and perhaps on occassions the odd case of over zealousness.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

It goes just a little deeper at times than that.There are people that want to read the observations and dare i say it the opinions others have made of and about their new country of settlement which includes warts and all.
Granted some debates do get a little bogged down with over zealous opinions from time to time but think of the added awareness to factors that may arise that potential newcomers have been exposed to.
People are surely wise enough to have an understanding as to what issues may be relivant to their personal lives?
Their are countless view points on how wonderful life is in Australia,to which i am sure that the Australian Immigration Dept and even Tourist Office would highly approve off.
Agree personal insults should not be a feature nor cruditity but then there is a fine line between having to police the content and perhaps on occassions the odd case of over zealousness.

There are also people coming into the country all the time whereas some posters have been on this site for years on end so the same old questions probably grate after a while. Personally I love all opinions, especially the ones that get people irate and defensive.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 5:08 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a difference between an opinion and flaming.
If I said you had to be a dullard to live in the UK this would be nonsense, and a clear case of stirring.

Last edited by kporte; Aug 17th 2009 at 5:12 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.