Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Australia, loads of feedback from aussies

Wikiposts

Australia, loads of feedback from aussies

Old Aug 16th 2009, 12:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia, loads of feedback from aussies

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Tried to send you karma but apparently I have to put myself about a bit more first.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 12:58 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
Tried to send you karma but apparently I have to put myself about a bit more first.

- you not been puttin yerself about much these days OD?
Old Aug 16th 2009, 12:59 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

I just tried to give you some and apparently i have to spread myself around more too
Old Aug 16th 2009, 1:48 am
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

Ah! Now lets get on with life.I'm so glad some of you love Oz and intend to stay.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 2:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheSun
leave kev alone, his posts always make me laugh
Besides that he does articulate for those who for whatever reason do not gell with life in Australia and offer alternatives, be it negatives,that can go a long way in assisting the person to understand how and why they may feel a particular way and as these negative comments often provoke a positive approach by others to life in Australia,surely it can only be of some sort of benifit? My arguement is that both negatives and positives have their place and sort of balance one another.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 2:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Not at all. I am far from one of those. I prefer the more balanced approach. I have a lot of problems with the way Australia and Australians are. However, I am also aware of the some of the problems that are present in the UK. Overall, my quality of life is far superior here than it is or even could be in the UK. That doesn't mean I am waving that in the face of everyone back there, it is just a simple fact. I whinge just as much as many people on here about some the sh!t stuff this country does, but it is never done with intention to be a mass generalisation where it descends into a "Australians are so retarded compared to Brits" thread.

You have admitted that your sole intention is to fire people up. I don't really understand that and can only put that down to boredom. I suggest you give Hollyoaks another try, for all of our sakes.
Usually find kevin 747 has some comments of value to say and to lose him would be a shame and all comments can be balanced by other comments surely. If some speak with their heart on their sleeve so be it,nothing wrong with a little passion at times.
Shame a lot of the posts were deleted,mine included,but a few rather crass comments were made by some..but then debate by it's nature can and does get heated at times and censorship surely should only be used in the extreme.?
Old Aug 16th 2009, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Usually find kevin 747 has some comments of value to say and to lose him would be a shame and all comments can be balanced by other comments surely. If some speak with their heart on their sleeve so be it,nothing wrong with a little passion at times.
Shame a lot of the posts were deleted,mine included,but a few rather crass comments were made by some..but then debate by it's nature can and does get heated at times and censorship surely should only be used in the extreme.?
Hear hear
Old Aug 16th 2009, 3:10 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Couldn't agree more. This place would be so boring if everyone agreed with each other. However, he stated in that post that he mostly only comes on here to stir things up and that is exactly what he has tried to do on this thread. That's a whole other different proposition to what you are talking about.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 3:39 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Back on subject, I don't see anything unusual about this. People slag their own countries all the time but defend it when johnny foreigner starts slagging it. The Brits are especially good at this. (Look at the recent yanks slagging NHS spat to see what I mean.) The Aussies are no different to the Brits so, yes, you will come across Aussies who think they have the best country in the world. But at other times you will hear them complaining about it. If you can't see through that then you don't have your finger on the pulse of human nature.

As for brain washing. All the countries I've lived and worked in brainwash their citizens into believing theirs is the best country in the world. And yes it does start in school. Again, I say, it's the same all over the world and if anyone thinks it's unique or unusual to a country then that's just a sign that they're a successful product of their own country's brainwashing.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 3:41 pm
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Wow this thread is impossible to read with all the deleted posts.

People spend hours on here arguing with each other. Hilarious.

Last edited by Lord_Farquar; Aug 16th 2009 at 3:45 pm.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 4:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Back on subject, I don't see anything unusual about this. People slag their own countries all the time but defend it when johnny foreigner starts slagging it. The Brits are especially good at this. (Look at the recent yanks slagging NHS spat to see what I mean.) The Aussies are no different to the Brits so, yes, you will come across Aussies who think they have the best country in the world. But at other times you will hear them complaining about it. If you can't see through that then you don't have your finger on the pulse of human nature.

As for brain washing. All the countries I've lived and worked in brainwash their citizens into believing theirs is the best country in the world. And yes it does start in school. Again, I say, it's the same all over the world and if anyone thinks it's unique or unusual to a country then that's just a sign that they're a successful product of their own country's brainwashing.
England most definately has more than contributed it's share of slagging off the rest of Europe,be it the French or the Germans along with others.
One would imagine that it is just that little bit harder these days to convince the Little Englanders amoung the population, that they are superior with so many taking flight to France and Spain and Portugal et al.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

England most definately has more than contributed it's share of slagging off the rest of Europe,be it the French or the Germans along with others.
One would imagine that it is just that little bit harder these days to convince the Little Englanders amoung the population, that they are superior with so many taking flight to France and Spain and Portugal et al.

How did the thread come back to "the English do this" and "the English said that"?
Old Aug 16th 2009, 4:30 pm

How did the thread come back to "the English do this" and "the English said that"?
Cos it's all true
Old Aug 16th 2009, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Cos it's all true

Its just like at school, once the teacher has you pegged as a bad 'un, you may as well bloody be one.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 4:38 pm

Its just like at school, once the teacher has you pegged as a bad 'un, you may as well bloody be one.
- you betcha!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.