Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Australia, loads of feedback from aussies

Australia, loads of feedback from aussies

Old Aug 15th 2009, 4:49 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Australia, loads of feedback from aussies

Originally Posted by kevin747
Wait and see what happens when China bombs! Aus is going to be in a pretty hard place.
OZ was still a very wealthy country in the 50's, 60's and 70's when China was a third world country producing only rice and the people all living in bamboo huts. So OZ could still get by well even if China went into recession ,The Chinese economy will probably keep getting stronger not colllapse, its Americas economy that looks weak compared to china,
Old Aug 15th 2009, 5:26 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hutch
Funny thread though and judging by the pruning Moneypen's been doing, got a bit heated without me.
We can have heated without you, you know.

As it was it wasn't heated at all... it was just "infantile witterings".
Old Aug 15th 2009, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
No offence or anything, but I'll take the views of a well-informed Guardian journalist over yours.

Funny thread though and judging by the pruning Moneypen's been doing, got a bit heated without me. I suppose personal failure turns people bitter ... ah well.
I left Australia wealthier than I arrived and I am delighted that I tried it.
Personal failure????
I tend not to read the Grauniard but did enjoy it in my student days. I would rather take the views of financiers.
Get over it ,you slag off others and boast of your idyll but I doubt you could afford it in the Uk. I have a choice!
That's Oz for me ,a post colonial second rate dried out land inhabited by easily pleased dullards.
Old Aug 15th 2009, 10:01 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Personal failure????
I tend not to read the Grauniard but did enjoy it in my student days. I would rather take the views of financiers.
Get over it ,you slag off others and boast of your idyll but I doubt you could afford it in the Uk. I have a choice!
That's Oz for me ,a post colonial second rate dried out land inhabited by easily pleased dullards.
If you enjoy it here you are an easily pleased dullard? Any reasonable points you may make, are nullified by this sort of bile Kevin.
People want different things. My quality of life has shot through the roof since arriving here. I don't have the need to slag off Scotland because I'm happy here.
I find this rubbishing people and places thing, mystifying
Old Aug 15th 2009, 10:06 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Personal failure????
I have a choice I could live the great life I had in the UK or the great life I have here. I choose to live here at the moment and am more than happy with my lot. Doesn't make me an easily pleased dullard. Australia is just a country, as is the UK. One size does not fit all and some will love their lives in the UK and some will do the same in Aus. Some of us are lucky enough to love both places. Doesn't make us wrong or stupid. Try not to be patronising or to judge other peoples lives in comparison to yours, it makes you look foolish and I'm sure you're not.
Old Aug 15th 2009, 10:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Try asking an 18yr old if you pass for 30. I bet they don't agree with your own personal assesment.
To an 18 year old, everyone just looks older..but the point is-

30-40 is an age where there is a lot of variety though - sure many would agree.

Besides, really, it's how you compare with your peers that people notice.
We compare quite well with people of our own age. They tell us. Not all are Australian.
Old Aug 15th 2009, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

TheSun is just really niceTheSun is just really niceTheSun is just really niceTheSun is just really niceTheSun is just really niceTheSun is just really niceTheSun is just really niceTheSun is just really nice

One of my friends came over from South Africa for a holiday, when he returned home he had a T-shirt made "I would rather be shot in my drive way than live in Australia", he also said in a wedding speech "The best thing about Australia was the departure lounge". I guess after hearing "I don't care" for the 3 millionth time and the odd "if you don't like it here, go back to where you came from. I'll give you a ride to the airport." he may not have felt so welcome. Also Australia is incredibly boring!

Posted by: RR 2:37pm today
Comment 181 of 245

ha hah ahahah hahahaha *****in priceless
Old Aug 15th 2009, 10:13 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
To an 18 year old, everyone just looks older..but the point is-

30-40 is an age where there is a lot of variety though - sure many would agree.

Besides, really, it's how you compare with your peers that people notice.
We compare quite well with people of our own age. They tell us. Not all are Australian.
Modesty not one of your strong points is it mate.

Most people say I look younger than my years as well... my body tells me different.
Old Aug 15th 2009, 10:17 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
It makes you look foolish and I'm sure you're not.
We'll agree to differ on that point I think.

I find it mystifying too. I honestly believe that if people find Australia dull, then the fault lies not in the country, but them. And before the haters from the doom-and-gloom-room jump all over me I'll expand on that by saying that the same thing goes for whether you're living in the yookay, the States, Canada - wherever. As long as it's a reasonably large 'western' style country - then it's down to you what happens.

I live in a village with a population of 2500 and my life is anything but dull because I have seen to it that it is not. It's a simple choice at the end of the day, blame everyone and everything except yourself or get over it and start living your life instead of pissing and whining about it.
Old Aug 15th 2009, 10:19 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Most people say I look younger than my years as well... my body tells me different.
Are you me?
Old Aug 15th 2009, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
If you enjoy it here you are an easily pleased dullard? Any reasonable points you may make, are nullified by this sort of bile Kevin.
People want different things. My quality of life has shot through the roof since arriving here. I don't have the need to slag off Scotland because I'm happy here.
I find this rubbishing people and places thing, mystifying
Good for you mate.
I am giving an opinion.This is not bile but a considered subjective opinion.
I might get the T-shirt that The sun mentions it is so funny and for me almost true.
I know that many are happier in Oz. I'm happy,but I like a wee bit of hand grenade throwing.
There are folk on this forum who are incredibly smug and they need a verbal kicking and I'm so happy to oblige. It is better than watching hollyoaks and I can do it whilst listining to music and dealing with my accounts.
Old Aug 15th 2009, 10:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Have to admit, mate, I feel as strong as I've ever done - but then I do just enough. I've always believed in maintaining healthy body - healthy mind - who wouldn't? I was out on the fireground today in breathing apparatus and I was up there with the blokes in their early 20s.

I posted in the context of how some people look old at a certain age and others don't. As people age, there does appear to be a accelerating process in some more so than others. Other people noticed it, I've noticed it, and people notice it in us.

You know what, this is the internet though (and BE) - it's hard to tell the truth.. and even harder sometimes to be a fairly positive person(!)
Old Aug 15th 2009, 10:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

hereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond repute

I just read all these posts and while I feel I haven't learnt anything about Australia, I certainly have learnt a lot about British people.
Old Aug 15th 2009, 10:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by hereandthere
I just read all these posts and now I feel I haven't learnt anything sbout Australia, but I have learnt a lot about British people.
hmmm....I share this sentiment sometimes - rather, I find that in general that some Brits are no better than the people they criticise..remarkably the same, in fact - there are a lot of interesting people out there...
Old Aug 15th 2009, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hereandthere
I just read all these posts and while I feel I haven't learnt anything about Australia, I certainly have learnt a lot about British people.
Oh, do enlighten us!?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.