Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Aussie Mobile Phone Advice

Aussie Mobile Phone Advice

Old Mar 15th 2008, 7:43 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aussie Mobile Phone Advice

Originally Posted by steve_uk
Yep I agree, this one said Paypal accepted but when I tried to pay it stayed at pending. When I looked into it the guy didnt have a paypall account and a made up email address. I have reported him, hope they sorted it. I suspect the account was hacked as had 146 100% positive feedback.
Pisses me off, especially those Auctions, where all the photos are from some place, in north america, with mountain backdrops, and car in garage with yank plate. Advertised as Tasmania !!!

And bidding is by invitation only, and they always have a hotmail address you must contact , or yahoo !! or some dodgy gmail addy... why on earth do ebay allow it.. is beyond me...
Old Mar 15th 2008, 8:24 pm
In Perth & Loving it...

aus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud of

eBay has really pissed me off recently. I was selling a Nokia E61 (relisted) and just before the auction ended I got an email from eBay saying that one of the people bidding was using a hijacked account and for me to consider his/her bids "null and void". This guy then proceed to win my auction as eBay allowed his bidding to continue. I offered a 2nd chance offer to next two highest bidders.

I then receive a very convincing email from eBay(?) saying that I had now committed myself to sending out the item and that if I did not my account would be blocked. I also got one from PayPal(?) saying that they had confirmed receipt of payment from this person but it would only be released once I had forwarded the tracking number of the posted item.

This was all very convincing were it not for the fact that I smelt something fishy about the whole thing, there was also some very poor grammar and spelling mistakes in the emails and I also checked the headers in the email and they came from an account at "emailaccount.com".

I can understand how people get caught out by these phishing type scams.

Also, why didn't eBay cancel the bids in the first place when they new they came from a hijacked account??

Old Mar 15th 2008, 8:32 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Well for what its worth, I hate PAYPAL

They have gotten to big for their boots, and I have been banned twice, and for no apparent logical reason, other than the fact, I dont own a credit card and thus have only ever registered my bank details. Plus my postal addy is a PO Box.

However, I still use EBAY, albeit they are just the merchandising launderer for Paypal lol.

Ste
Old Mar 15th 2008, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

steve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the rough

I have to agree again, the pair of them need to sort the issue out.

Esp mobile phone selling - I cannot believe people actually fall for these scams or don't use a good security password on their accounts tp protect themselves.

Old Mar 15th 2008, 8:41 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by steve_uk
I have to agree again, the pair of them need to sort the issue out.

Esp mobile phone selling - I cannot believe people actually fall for these scams or don't use a good security password on their accounts tp protect themselves.

Must admit, some of the stuff on there, esp. Oz, can be seriously dodgy and almost retail price +

Add to that postal charges, and then throw some seriously dodgy sellers into the mix... it can be frustrating.

Ste

incidentally, my mate has an ebay shop, called CoolShyte and they never blinked at the name... amazes me some of the dbl standards on there.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by aus2be_OH
eBay has really pissed me off recently. I was selling a Nokia E61 (relisted) and just before the auction ended I got an email from eBay saying that one of the people bidding was using a hijacked account and for me to consider his/her bids "null and void". This guy then proceed to win my auction as eBay allowed his bidding to continue. I offered a 2nd chance offer to next two highest bidders.

I then receive a very convincing email from eBay(?) saying that I had now committed myself to sending out the item and that if I did not my account would be blocked. I also got one from PayPal(?) saying that they had confirmed receipt of payment from this person but it would only be released once I had forwarded the tracking number of the posted item.

This was all very convincing were it not for the fact that I smelt something fishy about the whole thing, there was also some very poor grammar and spelling mistakes in the emails and I also checked the headers in the email and they came from an account at "emailaccount.com".

I can understand how people get caught out by these phishing type scams.

Also, why didn't eBay cancel the bids in the first place when they new they came from a hijacked account??

We have had that happen to every phone we have sold on ebay. If I would have been dealing with it I would have just sent the phone but lucky for me OH check the palpay account and there was no payment in there.

What really p's me off your are selling to a real buyer for a good price when you get someone who bids on it for over a grand and wants you to send it to the back of beyond to there dying aunt:curse:

That's why we now have a draw full of old contract phone. Think I'll open a shop when in Oz selling them off cheap