Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Ashes 2010 thread. Who's gonna win?

Wikiposts
View Poll Results: Who will win the 2010 Ashes series?
Australia
23.68%
England
67.11%
Series Drawn (England retain the ashes)
9.21%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Ashes 2010 thread. Who's gonna win?

Old Nov 29th 2010, 5:02 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ashes 2010 thread. Who's gonna win?

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Are you Scotland in disguise? Are you Scooootland in disguiiiise
That's the one, sooooo funny

As for poor Hilfenhaus, not only the "sign the kids back" stuff, but even saying they wouldn't check his spelling, talk about laugh a minute!
Old Nov 29th 2010, 5:05 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
That's the one, sooooo funny

As for poor Hilfenhaus, not only the "sign the kids back" stuff, but even saying they wouldn't check his spelling, talk about laugh a minute!
...then the Laurel & Hardy whistling every time he walked towards us. Absolute classic!
Old Nov 29th 2010, 5:06 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Agree with that ... hey, here's a few suggestions for the Aussie Selectors:

------------------------------------------------
The Commonwealth Bank Southern Stars squad is:

Alex Blackwell (c) (NSW)
Shelley Nitschke (vc) (SA)
Jessica Cameron (VIC)
Sarah Coyte (NSW)
Sarah Elliott (VIC)
Rene Farrell (WA)
Rachael Haynes (VIC)
Alyssa Healy (NSW)
Julie Hunter** (VIC)
Meg Lanning (VIC)
Erin Osborne (NSW)
Ellyse Perry (NSW)
Leah Poulton (NSW)
Lisa Sthalekar (NSW)
------------------------------------------------
Rug munchingtastic!
Old Nov 29th 2010, 5:08 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Rug munchingtastic!
I wonder if there are any decent hookers in their team, or do they all just go for the easy pull?
Old Nov 29th 2010, 5:10 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

...then the Laurel & Hardy whistling every time he walked towards us. Absolute classic!
I don't know how they could keep whistling, I was laughing to much to even attempt that!!
Old Nov 29th 2010, 5:15 pm
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute

Great 5 days! Each one different, my highlights were the hat trick on day one, and the mammoth england innings. Day 5 was just a joyous celebration and will live long in the memory. I only wish I could get to the MCG for Boxing day or SCG to see England win the series.
Attached Thumbnails Ashes 2010 thread. Who's gonna win?-pb293464.jpg  
Old Nov 29th 2010, 5:21 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Originally Posted by Carbery
Great 5 days! Each one different, my highlights were the hat trick on day one, and the mammoth england innings. Day 5 was just a joyous celebration and will live long in the memory. I only wish I could get to the MCG for Boxing day or SCG to see England win the series.
You managed to get the Fat Ryan Sidebottom lookalike in the pic too.

We had so many fat lookalikes in our section, Michael Vaughan, Ryan Sidebottom, Adam Gilchrist, Dennis Lillee, and Uncle Albert
Old Nov 29th 2010, 5:22 pm
Home and Happy

You managed to get the Fat Ryan Sidebottom lookalike in the pic too.

We had so many fat lookalikes in our section, Michael Vaughan, Ryan Sidebottom, Adam Gilchrist, Dennis Lillee, and Uncle Albert
Wasn't Uncle Albert a sport too....once he realised it was HIM they were talking about
Old Nov 29th 2010, 5:25 pm
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute

Are you Scotland in disguise? Are you Scooootland in disguiiiise
Sunday it was are you kiwis in disguise, Monday scotland in disguise!!!
Old Nov 29th 2010, 5:28 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Wasn't Uncle Albert a sport too....once he realised it was HIM they were talking about
It only took about 5 renditions of 500 people all pointing at him while singing the Only Fools & Horses theme tune to work out it was him.
Old Nov 29th 2010, 5:29 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Originally Posted by Carbery
Sunday it was are you kiwis in disguise, Monday scotland in disguise!!!
There's the pecking order for you!
Old Nov 29th 2010, 5:34 pm

expatasia is an unknown quantity at this point

Big news of the day - England's plane out of Brisbane was delayed by an hour ... their morale will be shot now

A Qantas spokeswoman said the fault was only minor and asked all passengers to be patient.

"We apologise for the minor delay," she said.

One airport official joked with brisbanetimes.com.au on condition of anonymity: "We're actually keeping them here to mess with their minds."

Are the folks in Adelaide as witty?
Old Nov 29th 2010, 5:42 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Originally Posted by expatasia
A Qantas spokeswoman said the fault was only minor and asked all passengers to be patient.

"We apologise for the minor delay," she said.

One airport official joked with brisbanetimes.com.au on condition of anonymity: "We're actually keeping them here to mess with their minds."

Are the folks in Adelaide as witty?
We can only hope Mitchell Johnson isn't the pilot, coz I hear his radar is off and he's sure to miss the runway
Old Nov 29th 2010, 6:01 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

We can only hope Mitchell Johnson isn't the pilot, coz I hear his radar is off and he's sure to miss the runway
Nah, he'll just be there to see the rest of the team off.

Byes are his speciality.
Old Nov 29th 2010, 7:10 pm
Home and Happy

Nah, he'll just be there to see the rest of the team off.

Byes are his speciality.

Soooooo funny, I walked into work tonight, there is a loud conversation going on about AFL and what a great sport it is and how it is the biggtest sport in the countr and no point in bothering with anything else I managed to get a word in to ask if anyone had watched the cricket and apparently after the first day no-one bothered at all because "the Aussies are going to win all the other matches, not that it matters cos cricket is an old and boring sport...." Talk about sore losers!!!! I said I thought it was a good match all round but no, they thought it was appalling and the two who did watch reckon that Ponting put up the best all round performance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.