Arctic Monkeys

Old Feb 3rd 2006, 3:10 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arctic Monkeys

Originally Posted by Clippies
I'm well gutted, just thought I'd get myself a couple of tickets for their next gigs in april and it was like Glastonbury all over again, 30 minutes of refreshing and they've sold out everywhere
nme.com has an article about them trying to stop touts from buying tickets.
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 3:20 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pete-danns
I'd phone the venue your goin to be sure. I think in Sheffield it was 9.30 and they was off by 10.20 odd, but it may vary.

There was talk about The Monkeys being 3rd on the bill, but was worried that everyone will leave after them ...lol, and I guess that could happen, but I'm sure they'll headline all the gigs ...... gotta!

Enjoy the gig! ...
Yeah, think they'll headline - I'd be suprised if they didn't. Not suprised it's a short set with four bands on the bill.

I would phone the venue if I thought they'd tell me but I know I've asked before for similar thing and they just say we don't know. They want you to get there asap so you buy there expensive watered down beer!

I will enjoy thanks
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 3:58 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

oooo want to meet them?

They are playing SXSW:

http://2006.sxsw.com/music/festival/

as are BOTH the Snow and the Bunny!
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 5:24 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
oooo want to meet them?

They are playing SXSW:

http://2006.sxsw.com/music/festival/

as are BOTH the Snow and the Bunny!
Where is that at??

I have to say I'm not a 'meet the band' kind of person. I did see one of The Killers after a gig in Vegas and he waved at me and then scurried into his coach as I drunkenly shouted "see you at Glasto" in a brummie accent
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 6:02 pm
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by Clippies
Where is that at??

I have to say I'm not a 'meet the band' kind of person. I did see one of The Killers after a gig in Vegas and he waved at me and then scurried into his coach as I drunkenly shouted "see you at Glasto" in a brummie accent
Ahhh meet the band is not = shag the band silly!

SXSW is in Austin, and walking down the street you'll see loads of band members you can just talk to as if they were a fellow party goer. Most you just share a chat and that's that, one band I made fast friends with and it changed my life. Either way, it's in 1,000 Places To See Before You Die. Not much else in Texas is!
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

frannylad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hutch
I was looking for an informed opinion of this band, since I was undecided as to their merits, so thanks for putting me straight.

if u were looking for an informed opinon of this band than the knobhead who listens to key103 can not give it u . I've been listening to the artic monkeys for about 9 months now they are without doubt the most original band (music & lyics ) since the Stone Roses ,and still only 19 unbelieveable
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute

I think they are really good. I got the album a fortnight ago and have listened to it non stop. I dowloaded a few songs a couple of months ago and really liked them. My friend went to see them in glasgow last week and said they were great. Mardy Bum definately applies to me lol
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by angel17796
I think they are really good. I got the album a fortnight ago and have listened to it non stop. I dowloaded a few songs a couple of months ago and really liked them. My friend went to see them in glasgow last week and said they were great. Mardy Bum definately applies to me lol
Lol, funny that my husband says Mardy Bum applies to me too
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Ahhh meet the band is not = shag the band silly!

SXSW is in Austin, and walking down the street you'll see loads of band members you can just talk to as if they were a fellow party goer. Most you just share a chat and that's that, one band I made fast friends with and it changed my life. Either way, it's in 1,000 Places To See Before You Die. Not much else in Texas is!
It sounds fantastic! However, Texas is a tad too out of our way
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 11:08 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

My eldest is off to a student house party thing in Sheffield in a few weeks and the arctic monkeys are rumoured to be putting in an appearance...I've been trying to persuade her to smuggle me in but she's not having it...
Old Feb 4th 2006, 1:36 am
Chelmsford>Leeds>NSW!

lel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nice

Originally Posted by jonni boy
just felt very let down after hearing everyone going about the artic monkeys
me too. I got shouted down by someone on another forum for saying that I was dissapointed with their sound when I finally did listen to them. Just not my cuppa rosey.
each to their own an all that malarkey...
Old Feb 4th 2006, 3:17 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frannylad
the most original band (music & lyics ) the Stone Roses!!!
i`ll drink to that
Old Feb 4th 2006, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
My eldest is off to a student house party thing in Sheffield in a few weeks and the arctic monkeys are rumoured to be putting in an appearance...I've been trying to persuade her to smuggle me in but she's not having it...
Well I think that's mean! Can't you bribe her?
Old Feb 4th 2006, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by lel_smiff
me too. I got shouted down by someone on another forum for saying that I was dissapointed with their sound when I finally did listen to them. Just not my cuppa rosey.
each to their own an all that malarkey...
Exactly, each to their own - if you've given them a fair listen then you're quite entitled to say you're dissapointed.

I like them though
Old Feb 9th 2006, 8:32 am

Just wanted to say, went to the gig last night and they were foo kin brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Can't believe they're so young and so talented. They should've headlined it, Maximo Park were a let down after them. They didn't play Mardy Bum though and I was really looking forward to that

But oh oh oh the hangover is soooooo bad Worth it though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.