Arctic Monkeys

Old Feb 9th 2006, 5:54 pm
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future
Default Re: Arctic Monkeys

Originally Posted by Clippies
Just wanted to say, went to the gig last night and they were foo kin brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Can't believe they're so young and so talented. They should've headlined it, Maximo Park were a let down after them. They didn't play Mardy Bum though and I was really looking forward to that

But oh oh oh the hangover is soooooo bad Worth it though
Don't spose you remember what time the Monkeys came on do you ?!
Old Feb 10th 2006, 6:55 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul&Nic
Don't spose you remember what time the Monkeys came on do you ?!
Ooh, erm.... we left the pub about 8 and we are scientists were on when we got in there - I think the monkeys got on about 8.45 but to be safe get in there for 8. We are Scientists are really good actually.

Where are you going to see them?

They had to stop the gig half way through because people were getting crushed - they asked everyone to pick people up if they saw them fall - bit of a mad one.
Old Feb 10th 2006, 12:32 pm
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Ooh, erm.... we left the pub about 8 and we are scientists were on when we got in there - I think the monkeys got on about 8.45 but to be safe get in there for 8. We are Scientists are really good actually.

Where are you going to see them?

They had to stop the gig half way through because people were getting crushed - they asked everyone to pick people up if they saw them fall - bit of a mad one.
Sunday at Cambridge. One of our group going has to sit an exam or something and won't be able to get away till 7pm. We're leaving from London so 'might' just make it.

Cheers, can't wait!
Old Feb 10th 2006, 12:34 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Sunday at Cambridge. One of our group going has to sit an exam or something and won't be able to get away till 7pm. We're leaving from London so 'might' just make it.

Cheers, can't wait!
They're ace - you'll love it! Wish I was going again
Old Feb 10th 2006, 12:41 pm
Account Closed

They're ace - you'll love it! Wish I was going again
Yeah I was lucky enough to get tickets for the Leadmill gig, that prob will go down as one of my best gigs ever! ...

I dunno bout you, but we had absolutely no joy getting anything for the April tour, but hope to be gone by then anyway ...
Old Feb 10th 2006, 1:07 pm

Yeah I was lucky enough to get tickets for the Leadmill gig, that prob will go down as one of my best gigs ever! ...

I dunno bout you, but we had absolutely no joy getting anything for the April tour, but hope to be gone by then anyway ...
Ah super gutted about the April gigs - I'd had a presale link but forgot! Could've kicked myself. Then had no luck whatsoever on the general sale. Proper gutted.
Old Feb 10th 2006, 1:21 pm
Account Closed

Ah super gutted about the April gigs - I'd had a presale link but forgot! Could've kicked myself. Then had no luck whatsoever on the general sale. Proper gutted.
Yeah me too on the presale link, but me my the kids were all tryin to log on at the 6pm start and no joy. My daughter did get a page load with all the dates. Went for 4 tics for Brixton and filled in the 1st page of detals and when she proceeded to the next page we got bounced out and back to the 'your in a queue, don't refresh' page. I did read on their forum that this happened to a few, but talk about a tease!!

Within 10 mins of them goin on sale eBay had 2.5 pages of tics for sale! ...
Old Feb 10th 2006, 1:28 pm

Yeah me too on the presale link, but me my the kids were all tryin to log on at the 6pm start and no joy. My daughter did get a page load with all the dates. Went for 4 tics for Brixton and filled in the 1st page of detals and when she proceeded to the next page we got bounced out and back to the 'your in a queue, don't refresh' page. I did read on their forum that this happened to a few, but talk about a tease!!

Within 10 mins of them goin on sale eBay had 2.5 pages of tics for sale! ...
Yeah I'd got to the point of putting in my details and then nothing - gutted!

Couldn't believe the ebay listings! It takes me half an hour to write an advert, dunno how they did it so quick!
Old Feb 10th 2006, 1:37 pm
Account Closed

Couldn't believe the ebay listings! It takes me half an hour to write an advert, dunno how they did it so quick!
lol, tell me about it!

I guess they had it all ready to go. My daughter reckons there was someone selling tickets for EVERY date of the tour! ...

Now tell me there isn't some dodgy dealings goin on there! ...

I haven't looked for a while, but last time I think ALL tickets for the Brixton dates were as good as £100 each, and altho I've paid over the odds many times before, even if we're still in the UK in April I'll not pay that.
Old Feb 10th 2006, 1:47 pm

lol, tell me about it!

I guess they had it all ready to go. My daughter reckons there was someone selling tickets for EVERY date of the tour! ...

Now tell me there isn't some dodgy dealings goin on there! ...

I haven't looked for a while, but last time I think ALL tickets for the Brixton dates were as good as £100 each, and altho I've paid over the odds many times before, even if we're still in the UK in April I'll not pay that.
yeah there was summat going on there - touts got in there first. No I wouldn't pay £100 quid to see them, it'd be more value to buy a festival ticket and catch them there - they're bound to do the festival circuits.

Just a shame there's no Glasto this year
Old Feb 10th 2006, 1:51 pm
Account Closed

yeah there was summat going on there - touts got in there first. No I wouldn't pay £100 quid to see them, it'd be more value to buy a festival ticket and catch them there - they're bound to do the festival circuits.

Just a shame there's no Glasto this year
Yeah I'm sure they'll be doin the festival circuits.

To be honest I've not done any festivals. I prefer / hope to catch a band before they go BIG and see them in the upto 4,000 capacity venues.

Still, I hear the Cambridge venue is about 2,000 so that will be good if we can get down into the mosh pit and have a good jump about ...
Old Feb 10th 2006, 2:04 pm

Yeah I'm sure they'll be doin the festival circuits.

To be honest I've not done any festivals. I prefer / hope to catch a band before they go BIG and see them in the upto 4,000 capacity venues.

Still, I hear the Cambridge venue is about 2,000 so that will be good if we can get down into the mosh pit and have a good jump about ...
Yeah but at a festival like Glasto you can be in the John Peel tent and the capacity is tiny - saw The Killers in there a couple of years ago and it was amazing, you're right up close - way smaller than The Academy in Brum and that's just an old nightclub! Saw The Magic Numbers last year in John Peel tent - super close, like having them in your lounge lol - well not quite but you get what I'm saying. Glasto is a great place to see bands before they get big.

I do love the Academy for gigs - my husband's a big fella and he always gets in the mosh pit - always gets the students asking him for a leg up to surf

Really funny, they had they're trainers taped on to their feet!
Old Feb 10th 2006, 2:23 pm
Account Closed

Yeah but at a festival like Glasto you can be in the John Peel tent and the capacity is tiny - saw The Killers in there a couple of years ago and it was amazing, you're right up close - way smaller than The Academy in Brum and that's just an old nightclub! Saw The Magic Numbers last year in John Peel tent - super close, like having them in your lounge lol - well not quite but you get what I'm saying. Glasto is a great place to see bands before they get big.

I do love the Academy for gigs - my husband's a big fella and he always gets in the mosh pit - always gets the students asking him for a leg up to surf

Really funny, they had they're trainers taped on to their feet!
Yeah I forgot about the smaller 'in tent' bits that go on.

I'd love to go to one I reckon, but the other half doesn't like the sound of the toilet situ at the festivals ...lol, so I can never persuade her to go.

A few mates went to a couple of festivals last year, but I was tied up then ...

Still, if all goes well I'll be waiting for the Monkeys to play in Oz one day! ...

Your husband sound like the bloke who always stands in front of me ... I'm not the shortest person at 5'10" but there's ALWAYS someone a lot bigger in front ...

Still, a leg up from someone and away you go for a surf! ...lol.

I see Pearl Jam at Brixton in 94 and have the claim to fame as being the ONLY stage diver of the night ... I was there with my brother and we was doing plenty of surfing and got past the security at the front and got on the stage. Dived off obviously, but that was fun! ...

I've always said I think they let too many people in on that night. I dunno how, maybe a load of dodgy tickets or sommit, but down in the pit it was sooo tight you could lift your feet off the floor and NOT drop ...lol.
Old Feb 10th 2006, 6:11 pm

I see Pearl Jam at Brixton in 94 and have the claim to fame as being the ONLY stage diver of the night ... I was there with my brother and we was doing plenty of surfing and got past the security at the front and got on the stage. Dived off obviously, but that was fun! ...

I've always said I think they let too many people in on that night. I dunno how, maybe a load of dodgy tickets or sommit, but down in the pit it was sooo tight you could lift your feet off the floor and NOT drop ...lol.
Lol, oh that feeling of being swept off your feet is really not quite so great at a gig :scared: I remember seeing U2 at Wembley and we were in standing obviously (can never understand why you'd want seated at a gig!) and we'd been there all day, loads of people sitting down - well when it got nearer to the gig we all stood up and squeezed forward - everytime a group of people that had been sitting stood up the crowd surged forward about 6 foot and my feet didn't touch the ground! Got a bit scary then lol

Although it was great at the killers when I didn't need to put the effort in to jump, the crowd was that mad you were jumping whether you liked it or not!
Old Feb 10th 2006, 6:20 pm
Account Closed

everytime a group of people that had been sitting stood up the crowd surged forward about 6 foot and my feet didn't touch the ground! Got a bit scary then lol

Although it was great at the killers when I didn't need to put the effort in to jump, the crowd was that mad you were jumping whether you liked it or not!
Yeah the surges can be lethal. The Leadmill gig we was getting shoved all over the place but that's all part of the fun, as long as you don't fall to the floor and get trampled on ... :scared:

Fingers crossed the Cambridge gig will be good, but to be honest I'd be shocked if it wasn't from the little I've seen of them.

Dunno if we'll stay for Mossiman whatever they're called tho ?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.