Arctic Monkeys

Old Feb 2nd 2006, 6:04 pm
DAMN.........I'M GOOD

BRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arctic Monkeys

Everybody to their own I suppose, but for me, they sound as if he's rubbing a cheese grater on his kn*b-end !!

Sorry mate, but not a patch on Oasis.
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 6:08 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BRICKY ADE
Everybody to their own I suppose, but for me, they sound as if he's rubbing a cheese grater on his kn*b-end !!

Sorry mate, but not a patch on Oasis.
Lol, each to their own indeed. I've seen Oasis cus I think they've done some wicked stuff - when I saw them live the whining was unbearable - that is when he could manage to stay on stage singing instead of stomping off in a girly tantrum
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 6:38 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clippies
Lol, each to their own indeed. I've seen Oasis cus I think they've done some wicked stuff - when I saw them live the whining was unbearable - that is when he could manage to stay on stage singing instead of stomping off in a girly tantrum
oasis have done some great stuff but there main man started believing his own hype,his brother is far more talented,he writes he sings he plays.
i can't see the artic monkeys being around for to long,just remember that oasis must of been around for 10 maybe 15 years and from what i've heard i don't think the monkeys will be around that long,but what the hell do i know,if i new anything then i wouldn't be a bloody welder
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 6:49 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonni boy
oasis have done some great stuff but there main man started believing his own hype,his brother is far more talented,he writes he sings he plays.
i can't see the artic monkeys being around for to long,just remember that oasis must of been around for 10 maybe 15 years and from what i've heard i don't think the monkeys will be around that long,but what the hell do i know,if i new anything then i wouldn't be a bloody welder
I don't really know why people are comparing them to Oasis?!? They're not the same at all.

There a good new fresh band and I think the gig will be right lively

My original question was asking what time do they come on stage so I know what time to leave the pub! Cus there's 4 bands playing the same night and the Arctics are the ones I'm most interested in. I like the album.

Old Feb 2nd 2006, 6:57 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

I don't really know why people are comparing them to Oasis?!? They're not the same at all.

There a good new fresh band and I think the gig will be right lively

My original question was asking what time do they come on stage so I know what time to leave the pub! Cus there's 4 bands playing the same night and the Arctics are the ones I'm most interested in. I like the album.

down with the artic monkeys,oasis rule
only joking matey i hope you have a good night.

ps......i didn't like oasis at first and maybe in a few months i'll be shouting there praise's.
you have to remember that i'm old
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 8:40 pm

down with the artic monkeys,oasis rule
only joking matey i hope you have a good night.

ps......i didn't like oasis at first and maybe in a few months i'll be shouting there praise's.
you have to remember that i'm old
Lol, I'm no spring chicken myself!

Sure it's gonna be a great night, bought the tickets last year for hubby's birthday so been waiting ages for the gig.

You'll be queueing for tickets in a couple of months I betchya
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 8:46 pm
sunny coast

Lol, I'm no spring chicken myself!

Sure it's gonna be a great night, bought the tickets last year for hubby's birthday so been waiting ages for the gig.

You'll be queueing for tickets in a couple of months I betchya
your probably right,i remember telling my wife that take that were one hit wonders i hate the taste of humble pie but i was eating it for years
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 9:03 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Im still undecided. I am a devout Coldplay fan. (got tix for Adelaide in July and cant wait!) Anyone seen the Artic Monkeys video with that bird (how ROUGH is she?). Can anyone tell me what the song is about?

Old Feb 2nd 2006, 9:22 pm
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

to be honest i'm into all kinds from limp wrists, james and marvin, i'm gay, hanging round in parks,
just felt very let down after hearing my boyfriend gone off with a monkey
Well whatever floats your boat Jonni boy!!!!!!
You ASME 1X boys are a strange lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chopper boy on Sonic birds Log in!! LOL
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 9:33 pm
sunny coast

Originally Posted by SonicBird
Well whatever floats your boat Jonni boy!!!!!!
You ASME 1X boys are a strange lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chopper boy on Sonic birds Log in!! LOL
run that last bit by me again please,i've just had a joint
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 12:32 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I only read this because I had no idea what Arctic Monkeys was/were Never heard them on Radio 2 or 102.9 Hot Tomato
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

Pete-danns is on a distinguished road

Ok, Arctic Monkeys & Oasis, I love em both!

I haven't seen Oasis for years now, but see em at Knebworth twice which was good, but just too big! I preferred them at the Forum in Kentish Town, The Astoria in the West End, and at the Hammersmith Palais, now they were intimate TOP gigs!!

Arctic Monkeys I love. Only been into them for a few months, but VERY refreshing! 4 young lads from Sheffield who's music got about on the internet and they had people singing all their songs at gigs before an album was released!

Tickets for a UK tour in April sold out in minutes, and for example, the £16 tickets for the Brixton Academy gig in London are currently going for £100 each on eBay (check!)

I was lucky enough to obtain 2 tickets to see them a few weeks ago in Sheffield. The Leadmill was the venue, and the capacity was 900! I don't think you'll ever have the chance to see them in such an intimate venue again.

I took me daughter who also loves them and we both moshed in the 'mosh pit' for the duration ...lol

Going to see them in a week or so again as part of the NME tour. This time in Cambridge which I've been told is a 2,000 capacity venue!

Can't wait!

Oh and cos of the NME tour bit, they do about 50 mins I think I was told it was. It did go quick. No encore and last song I think was A Certain Romance.

I spose it that sense they ARE like Oasis. They too never did an encore and once you heard 'I am the Walrus' you knew it was the last song!!

A few pics from the gig:

Old Feb 3rd 2006, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lucyb
Anyone seen the Artic Monkeys video with that bird (how ROUGH is she?). Can anyone tell me what the song is about?

Quote:

So who's that girl there?
I wonder what went wrong
So that she had to roam the streets

Answer - She's a Prostitute.

Quote:

And what a scummy man
Just give him half a chance
I bet he'll rob you if he can

Answer - The pimp.

You get the picture ...lol, but personally i think they're the best thing since sliced bread, and I love my music! ...

I think they'll be around for ages, there's far too much interest at the mo.

they've said they won't do TV and appear on early Saturday shows and all that. the music will sell itself.

I said about how everyone sings all their songs at the gigs even tho the album hadn't been released, and the stuff was on the net.

Well 2 stories to this one.

1) A demo got copied and shared on the net

or

2) THEY put the stuff out there and it spread over the net quick, as it does.

Now either way, I've got clips of the gig they did at The Astoria in October 2005 and as they said "this is the first time we've played in London" ... yet at points in the concert the singer stops singing and its like the WHOLE crowd are singing the words!

Not bad I reckon for a band that at that time had released a 2 track CD.

Am I obsessed ?!?! ....lol

They're just good ...
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by Pete-danns
Quote:

I said about how everyone sings all their songs at the gigs even tho the album hadn't been released, and the stuff was on the net.

Well 2 stories to this one.

1) A demo got copied and shared on the net

or

2) THEY put the stuff out there and it spread over the net quick, as it does.

Now either way, I've got clips of the gig they did at The Astoria in October 2005 and as they said "this is the first time we've played in London" ... yet at points in the concert the singer stops singing and its like the WHOLE crowd are singing the words!

Not bad I reckon for a band that at that time had released a 2 track CD.

Am I obsessed ?!?! ....lol

They're just good ...
Tis true, I had the tracks downloaded in October or November or summat like that, I reckon they put it on there themselves. I have bought the legit cd now of course - I like to have the legit discs of good bands . Got the tickets for nme the second they went on sale last year cus Monkeys sent me a link

My mate couldn't come and I've just sold her £15 ticket for over £60 on ebay - did you see the queues outside Wolvo Civic yesterday? They weren't doing internet sales only in person and a 2 per person limit!

I'm sure it was you that told me you was going before - what time do the Monkeys actually come on stage?

Last NME tour I went to The Killers headlinedd - bloody fantastic gig. I love the Academy venues, doesn't matter where you stand you're well close. You can get right up the front.
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

I'm sure it was you that told me you was going before - what time do the Monkeys actually come on stage?
I'd phone the venue your goin to be sure. I think in Sheffield it was 9.30 and they was off by 10.20 odd, but it may vary.

There was talk about The Monkeys being 3rd on the bill, but was worried that everyone will leave after them ...lol, and I guess that could happen, but I'm sure they'll headline all the gigs ...... gotta!

Enjoy the gig! ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.