Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Anyone got a region free DVD player?

Anyone got a region free DVD player?

Old May 14th 2009, 10:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone got a region free DVD player?

Originally Posted by quoll
You dont need an operating manual - just find your model number and follow the instructions they give you. Usually inputting a code with your remote and bingo you are region free! I've done several and it's easy as pie for LG anyway.
I concur. Look on th eback of the machine to get teh full model number and type it into google along with 'region free unlock code' and follow the instructions. normally along the lines of . . . with dvd tray open, press menu dah de dah de dah
Old May 14th 2009, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
Cant you find a code for it?

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks
Thanks, just unlocked our old DVD players we brought with us. No instruction book needed and took seconds to do.

Gems
Old May 15th 2009, 12:04 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emelems
I need to buy a new DVD player as the kids are now getting region 4 DVDs and we already have a load of region 2 (Europe) ones.. so instead of having our old UK one and the new Aussie one side by side, I thought I'd just go and buy one that does all the regions..

Anyone got any recommendations.. had a look online and its all pretty techie for me.. I just want a DVD player that plays all regions? or is that not normal?

Ta in advance

Em x
Get one of these :
http://au.lge.com/products/category/...vdplayer.jhtml

I have the slightly older version. Bought it 2 years ago, still runs great. Also plays divx files, and unlike many cheap dvd players out there, it plays them reliably and the menu options are very good.

It is listed as region4, but you can make it region free within a few seconds.
Old May 16th 2009, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

Burkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura about

We also unlocked our DVD player when we arrived thanks to the website mentioned.

No manual needed just make and model and a remote.

The machine now plays DVD's from anywhere.
Old May 16th 2009, 12:23 pm
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all

I just bought a DVD player here in Oz (a portable one for the back of the car), it is restricted to Region 4 and i can't get a code for it!!
Old May 17th 2009, 10:47 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kar-kier
I just bought a DVD player here in Oz (a portable one for the back of the car), it is restricted to Region 4 and i can't get a code for it!!
ring the shop and ask them for the code or how to make it multi-region
Old May 17th 2009, 11:26 am
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all

Originally Posted by spalen
ring the shop and ask them for the code or how to make it multi-region
It was K-Mart - think i'll be taking a wee trip in there 2moro!! I'm going to google the law surrounding this, just so i know what i am talking about!

Thanks
Old May 17th 2009, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

watford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant futurewatford has a brilliant future

i paid $39.00 for an all region player in Sam's warehouse had it 12 months still going great and plays all my uk dvds as well as aussie dvds
Old May 18th 2009, 3:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

I bought a Marantz one from Tottenham Court Road in London - it was on display and therefore cheap

It was advertised as region free - which involved me going on the internet to find the code which to tap into the remote control to unlock it.

I had a Pioneer before that. It was irritating that to unlock it would require soldering things on the circuit board. As if I was going to do that....