Ambulance Bill $$$

Old Mar 2nd 2011, 6:36 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Ambulance Bill $$$

Originally Posted by k1rsty
Well im just gonna wait for them to get in touch i have no money to pay for it but i dont want it hanging over my head or to cause any issues if/ when i get sponsored. I was in the process of sorting out cover but didnt get there in time!!! What happens if i wasnt to pay does any one know???
What Visa are you on ?

Old Mar 2nd 2011, 7:22 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by k1rsty
Well im just gonna wait for them to get in touch i have no money to pay for it but i dont want it hanging over my head or to cause any issues if/ when i get sponsored. I was in the process of sorting out cover but didnt get there in time!!! What happens if i wasnt to pay does any one know???
DIAC often asks applicants to clear various bills/charges owed to the country before it will grant a visa. if its a PR grant you are waiting for they may not proceed to grant it until the bill is paid.
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

mulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by unfair dinkum
Why isn't it covered by the medicare levy?
it seems a pretty basic need to call an ambulance eg when you're having a heart attack, so it should be covered by medicare.
fair enough to get a bill if you'ere abusing the system, but otherwise, it's a complete rip off.
Australians put up with it cos they don't know anything else...
doesn't make it right
it is remarkably cheap to cover your family against any emergency ,the biggest loss usually occurs when a school orders an ambulance and your child is not covered . Had a school principal say they are hesitant to order an ambulance as a few times the school has had to cover the cost (legally they did,nt have to )
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 7:43 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
I'd say the real ripoff would be paying for an ambulance service you never end up using. At least the current system means that the only people who pay for it are the people who use it. Sounds fair to me.

My wife and I don't have private health insurance or ambo cover. Never needed it.
errm? How do you know that you, or you children WONT need an ambulance at some point?
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 7:44 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gems
If you are transfered from one public hospital to another for medical reasons its free.
Daughter had ambulance from local hospital to airport, RFDS flight, another from airport to Perth kids hospital. All free.
Public patients if they need to be transfered to another public hospital, then the ambulance should be free and the hospital organises it all.

Thats assuming you have a medicare card.

Gems
The guy that Helen was answering was refering to his Private Health covered ambulance cover. A lot of people are caught out with this, thats why I mentioned it
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 7:47 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
The only thing that puts me off ambulance insurance is the thought that another bunch of insurance fat cats and others are skimming off a good pecentage of our premiums.
It's not like other insurance though, it's a relatively small amount that's the same for everyone near as dammit. I think we've had our money's worth (sadly).
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 7:49 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
errm? How do you know that you, or you children WONT need an ambulance at some point?
Absolutely, in the UK I had to call one when my now 13 year old started fitting in Woolworths (while I was selecting my pick & mix!), I didn't plan it.

Vash mate, with kids you never know when you might need one.
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 8:34 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
It's not like other insurance though, it's a relatively small amount that's the same for everyone near as dammit. I think we've had our money's worth (sadly).
Like it or not we can't do without it. I've just taken it up
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 8:42 am
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

The only thing that puts me off ambulance insurance is the thought that another bunch of insurance fat cats and others are skimming off a good pecentage of our premiums. Money that could better be spent on the service itself if they were provided/paid for by the state. And lets face it none of us knows when we'll need an ambulance but sooner or later during the course of our lifetimes we'll all have to ride in one at least a couple of times. So as it is here and now it's a choice of lining the pockets of fat cats or being zapped with a hefty bill just when we're likely to be at our most vulnerable
In Vic you can get cover from the ambulance service itself. You don't have to go through an insurance company.

Last edited by Rambi; Mar 2nd 2011 at 8:45 am.
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 8:47 am
Banned

furbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by unfair dinkum
like most things in Aus, it's a friggin rip off
we pay ambulance cover
and health insurance
I often wonder whether we actually need the latter but you know...when in Rome

That's why they call it insurance as opposed to gambling...
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 9:00 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rambi
In Vic you can get cover from the ambulance service itself. You don't have to go through an insurance company.
Now that sounds better
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 9:01 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Now that sounds better
Except from what I can see it costs 2 - 3 times as much!
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 9:02 am
Banned

Originally Posted by bcworld
Except from what I can see it costs 2 - 3 times as much!
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 9:05 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.ambulance.vic.gov.au/Families.html

Family Ambulance Cover - $150pa
HCF Vic Ambulance Cover - $61.85pa

HCF Ambulance Cover provides cover for 100% emergency ambulance services, including air ambulance, to the nearest appropriate hospital able to provide the level of care required. You're also covered for non-emergency transport by ambulance, state government services only, up to $5,000 per person per calendar year. With HCF Ambulance Cover you’re covered Australia wide.
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 9:12 am
Banned

Originally Posted by bcworld
http://www.ambulance.vic.gov.au/Families.html

Family Ambulance Cover - $150pa
HCF Vic Ambulance Cover - $61.85pa

HCF Ambulance Cover provides cover for 100% emergency ambulance services, including air ambulance, to the nearest appropriate hospital able to provide the level of care required. You're also covered for non-emergency transport by ambulance, state government services only, up to $5,000 per person per calendar year. With HCF Ambulance Cover you’re covered Australia wide.
This place is a laugh a minute sometimes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.