Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

3 Years on , back in UK

3 Years on , back in UK

Old Aug 11th 2006, 9:03 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 Years on , back in UK

Originally Posted by stolly
i understand his wit fully, along with others, u whinging pom!
Good for you , now hes got a fan club of one
Old Aug 11th 2006, 9:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
I know!

Let's not post any more replies to this thread and see what happens, ok?

Starting from...

Now!

Ipom, took me slightly longer than it should have to "get it" but this fellow here is like an, net pommy version of Barry Humphreys.... Pure entertainment with a satirical undertone.

I guess not everyone enjoys Dame Edna either.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 9:10 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebears
Except in London the rapists are the taxi drivers

Every one of them its reading that A-Z that does it , never had the pleasure myself , off down London soon so I will give the Taxi drivers your kind wishes
Old Aug 11th 2006, 9:15 am
Banned

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Before I respond to the article, or my slant on the events re that taxi driver. I find your phrasing slightly Irksome for some personal reason. Must be the 2 dollar a bottle of not too bad Aussie Cab Merlot I'm on.

4 Aussie kids, one Aussie house, one Aussie holiday home, and a Aussie missus.... oh plus one Aussie car, Suggests to me there is nothing wannabe about my circumstances. (edit dammit forgot the fairly substantial Aussie super as well)

Do you mean the traffic congestion or the outcry about the Taxi Driver ?
You have posted some fine comments on this thread , I refer not to you but the hoards awaiting a Visa in the UK to the land which has need of many hairdressers and brickies

Last edited by pommie bastard; Aug 11th 2006 at 9:46 am.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 9:17 am
Banned

Arkarua is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pommie bastard
Every one of them its reading that A-Z that does it , never had the pleasure myself , off down London soon so I will give the Taxi drivers your kind wishes
Toodle Pip & Cheery Bye, Old Bein', never know your luck in the Big City.

Well done with the lead boots and snorkel, BTW.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 9:17 am
Banned

Originally Posted by herrchook
You're either not married then, or VERY brave making a comment like that

My OH used to think that, soon put him straight
I am divorced but soon to remarry , my new boss takes over in 4 weeks time
Old Aug 11th 2006, 9:26 am
Banned

Originally Posted by iPom
I know!

Let's not post any more replies to this thread and see what happens, ok?

Starting from...

Now!

You lose , think up another game if you can, most be bloody boring living in NSW , Ms Jermaine Greer once said the Western Suburbs of Sydney were the pits and the most depressing place on the planet , no wonder she like any thinking Aussie ran away to London
Old Aug 11th 2006, 9:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Ok lets try for a record can any wannabe immo explain this news story to me ?
Is it just a case of OZ is no different to the UK?

http://www.theage.com.au/news/nation...803064204.html

Big cities are the same the world over. Personally I like the vibe of Melbourne, It's big enough to come with some of the warts but not quite as many as most Metropolis of the same size.

Poor guy was in the wrong place at the wrong time..... Better in my book than being in the wrong place all of the time.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vanessa
Of course there are the same problems here and to think otherwise would be naive. However, they probably don't happen on the same scale as the UK
I think they do, pro capita it is probably worse. Australia, UK, USA are the top 3 of the western industrialised world for having the most violent crimes. You also have a high suicide rate amongst teenagers over there.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 9:35 am
Banned

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Big cities are the same the world over. Personally I like the vibe of Melbourne, It's big enough to come with some of the warts but not quite as many as most Metropolis of the same size.

Poor guy was in the wrong place at the wrong time..... Better in my book than being in the wrong place all of the time.
Warts would cover it and weather on a par to UK , nice sales pitch but rather stay in the UK , Melbourne is the wrong place
Old Aug 11th 2006, 9:43 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Mercedes
I think they do, pro capita it is probably worse. Australia, UK, USA are the top 3 of the western industrialised world for having the most violent crimes. You also have a high suicide rate amongst teenagers over there.
First warning , this is yellow card post , wannabes cannot handle the truth , they wish to believe that the UK is the crime centre of the planet with no equal and Australia is a heaven on earth ,I can see you getting flack to suggest otherwise .
First week I moved to a burb in Perth a 17year old kid hung himself in the house opposite us ( no I did know him , so no blame on me) , was informed by police they deal with this all the time , WA has big problems with this
Old Aug 11th 2006, 9:48 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Please please someone close this thread, it's going round in so many circles I'm getting a headache
Old Aug 11th 2006, 9:53 am
Banned

Originally Posted by herrchook
Please please someone close this thread, it's going round in so many circles I'm getting a headache
Found just the guys to cheer you up , fine examples of Aussie men

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...05-661,00.html
Old Aug 11th 2006, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

weeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud of

You may live where you choose or may be not if the only place that will accept you is OZ , if you realy want a challenge go to a country that will provide it , instead of a second rate one like Australia .
What you are realy looking for is some utopian escape from the rat race , OZ will not give you that
We dont live in the rat race,we are in a town of 50000 people,unfortunately there aint much work around anymore,junkies are taking over town centre,shops are closing down along with mindless vandalism and anti social behaviour,there are more people tagged in this area per head of population than anywhere else in Scotland,like I said I do not hate where I live but I dont want to bring kids up in this area,I couldnt,I lived in Australia for a year about 10 years ago,I always felt then I had to give it a go if given the chance,I maybe back on here in few years saying what a terrible mistake it was,but I would never slag off other peoples dreams and ambitions,
Old Aug 11th 2006, 9:59 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Found just the guys to cheer you up , fine examples of Aussie men

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...05-661,00.html

Aye, that made me giggle when I watched the footage last night

Just to balance the debate here's a fine example of British men:

http://www.orange.co.uk/news/topstories/28338.htm?linkfrom=<!--linkfromvariable-->&link=link_title&article=newstopitem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.