British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   3 Years on , back in UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/3-years-back-uk-388453/)

pommie bastard Aug 3rd 2006 1:25 pm

Re: 3 Years on , back in UK

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Taking on board what you have said PB, Especially the part about affuence as reflected in cars, BTW.... Working at Aussie post, we see lots of postcards from the UK, and Aussie visitors to the UK do comment on the amount of up market cars in the UK, I noticed it myself last year. Anyway taking onboard what you have said, once one is on the treadmill of life, how can you live complete with affluent car, when anytime you want to go anywhere you are faced with the problem of blocked roads or standing up on public transport. That initself is enough to put me off.... As a worker in the rat race at least.

Not so much fun owning a Hairdressers car complete with roof down, if your stuck on the M25 or M6 for a couple hours or more whilst they clear another accident.

As for Culture, there is definitely more in Melbourne, than a hell of a lot of the UK.

You probably were'nt suited to perth.

I travel 62 miles to work , takes 1hour 15mins most days , have taken 15mins longer some days , pile ups never happen in OZ , same old bull , next?

wengerboy Aug 3rd 2006 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by pommie bastard
I travel 62 miles to work , takes 1hour 15mins most days , have taken 15mins longer some days , pile ups never happen in OZ , same old bull , next?

helicopter?

Exile Aug 3rd 2006 1:33 pm

Beautiful. This is pure entertainment.

DagBoy Aug 3rd 2006 1:36 pm

As someoe else said, F*** me!

I thought for a minute that perhaps I had gone back in some kind of bizarre time travel anomaly (like in the movies) and was back on the forum 3 years ago. So I looked around - no, still here now in 2006. There must be some other explanation.

Ah yes, that miserable whinging git from Perth is back.

And northerner...

Originally Posted by northerner
You may well be one of the 'old school' and quite a few people obviously remember you of old, but to the uninitiated you really are coming across as a complete and utter w@nker. :rolleyes:

Graham

Those of us that were on here back then and do remember him also remember that he came across as a complete w@nker then as well.

Cheers,

DagBoy

seang Aug 3rd 2006 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by DagBoy
I thought for a minute that perhaps I had gone back in some kind of bizarre time travel anomaly (like in the movies)

ah ok. As opposed to the ones we experience in real life :p

pommie bastard Aug 3rd 2006 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by wengerboy
helicopter?

No A46, M1,M69,M42 all of which have heavy traffic at peak times , I do tire of excusses about getting around the UK , I travel alot and its a very small Island , try Perth to Melbourne , who long would that take?

pommie bastard Aug 3rd 2006 1:41 pm

As someoe else said, F*** me!

I thought for a minute that perhaps I had gone back in some kind of bizarre time travel anomaly (like in the movies) and was back on the forum 3 years ago. So I looked around - no, still here now in 2006. There must be some other explanation.

Ah yes, that miserable whinging git from Perth is back.

And northerner...

Those of us that were on here back then and do remember him also remember that he came across as a complete w@nker then as well.

Cheers,

DagBoy

Cutting , still Australia will except those with little education?

DagBoy Aug 3rd 2006 1:42 pm

And what will Australia accept?

Hels Aug 3rd 2006 1:44 pm

Ohhhh just what BE needs....yet ANOTHER pompous arse with nothing better to do than belittle and ridicule.....

Goody!! Goody!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hels Aug 3rd 2006 1:45 pm

:D :D ;)

pommie bastard Aug 3rd 2006 1:46 pm

Ask yourself who it would not , looking at this site ?
The best of the Poms , I think not :

Pollyana Aug 3rd 2006 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Hels
Ohhhh just what BE needs....yet ANOTHER pompous arse with nothing better to do than belittle and ridicule.....

Goody!! Goody!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What do you mean "another"?? PB is probably the original.... :D

Hels Aug 3rd 2006 1:47 pm

Ask yourself who it would not , looking at this site ?
The best of the Poms , I think not :

Dont think he GOT it, Daggyboy!! ;) :D

northerner Aug 3rd 2006 1:48 pm

They obviously let you in...

So why exactly did you go? And also, aren't other allowed to make the same mistake as you, bastard?

Graham

Hels Aug 3rd 2006 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Hwat do you mean "another"?? PB is probably the original.... :D

Well, lucky/unfortunately (circle whatever is applicable) he left before I joined this forum.....

Am pretty sure I would be on permanent ban by now if he hadn't have disappeared :D