British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   3 Years on , back in UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/3-years-back-uk-388453/)

wengerboy Aug 3rd 2006 12:07 pm

Re: 3 Years on , back in UK

Originally Posted by pommie bastard
Just thought I would see if the content of the site had moved on , sadly its not.
Still full of dreamers and near do wells who post newspaper clippings to prove the unlucky country is better than the UK , any one who picks fault with Aussies or OZ beware , no quarter will be given.
Having returned to the UK I cannot say I miss Perth , far from it , I travel more , enjoy seeing family and friends also have managed to gain very well paid employment so life is good .
The press paint a bleak picture of the UK , so I shall give my impressions how the UK has changed in the 10 years while I was in exile .
For a start people are more wealthy in general thanks to low unemployment and high house prices also low interest rates, have never seen so many Mercs , BMW's and top of the range motors on the roads in my life.
Having a holiday home abroad is no longer a dream , its very common , the TV channels have grown beyond number so have the Radio stations .
The Indian immigrates have on the whole become very English in dress and outlook ,most new immigrates from Europe are no different to most of those off to OZ .
The weathers very mild in the Midlands, winters are cool but little if any snow or frosts , summers seem warmer now , spring and autumn are full of colour .
People still have a great sense of humour and being English is more to the fore front , St George flags flying every where.
The media which is still mostly owned by some Aussie/Yank , is sinking to new depths by the day , reflects its owners culture very down market, real news is hard to find.
Well in general I cannot compare a cultured country to one with none , Australia still has to find a place in the world , hopefully it will grow to be the place of dreams but that day is far away , shallow country with no new ideas or direction.

2 words F UCKING LEGEND :beer:
p.s thanks for slagging perth ;)

yvsie Aug 3rd 2006 12:12 pm

funny to see old posters back again....

almost put me off from coming!!....not :p

pommie bastard Aug 3rd 2006 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by biggy
still got his head up his ****in arse more like lol

Not at , I am not Scotish so that does not apply in my case . Nice to see that this forum is still full of free thinking people , most of who failed in the UK and will be a credit to OZ .

If you want a life that is far different from the Western lifestyle in the UK , why pick a second rate country like OZ , same values less culture?

Stupot S. Aug 3rd 2006 12:19 pm

The weathers very mild in the Midlands, winters are cool but little if any snow or frosts , summers seem warmer now , spring and autumn are full of colour .

At least the experience didn't destroy your sense of humour.

pommie bastard Aug 3rd 2006 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
A question to the OP

...just out of interest did you live anywhere else in Oz other than Perth?

No did not , but met loads of Poms who had and finished up in Perth , sad to say .They all seemed to think Perth had the only true Aussie life style , boring and bloody pointless life stuck at the arse end of nowhere in a faceless land.

northerner Aug 3rd 2006 12:23 pm

No did not , but met loads of Poms who had and finished up in Perth , sad to say .They all seemed to think Perth had the only true Aussie life style , boring and bloody pointless life stuck at the arse end of nowhere in a faceless land.

That's a no then. ;)

Graham

gsb Aug 3rd 2006 12:26 pm

It is good to see that somemthings in life are truly consistent....or should that be people..... :D

I guess you will be sticking around eh PB?

pommie bastard Aug 3rd 2006 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Suni&Jay
Maybe he's still got his rose tinted spec's on ;)
or theres another W.mids to the one I live in :rolleyes:

:D

Suni

Sad to say I do not live in the West Midlands ,if you do not like where you live wanting top move 12000 miles away shows how limited your view of the UK is or even life in general ?
No worries pal Australia excepts all after you fill in the odd form and part with a few quid .

wengerboy Aug 3rd 2006 12:30 pm

so what you brings you back to BE on this day, any significance we should be aware of?

northerner Aug 3rd 2006 12:30 pm

Sad to say I do not live in the West Midlands ,if you do not like where you live wanting top move 12000 miles away shows how limited your view of the UK is or even life in general ?
No worries pal Australia excepts all after you fill in the odd form and part with a few quid .

Wow, you sound like a really nice person. I'd love to meet you. :)

Hutch Aug 3rd 2006 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by gsb

Well, life's just such a non-stop roller coaster of thrills in the wild west midlands, what else would you do? Harpenden must be the same ... ;)

pommie bastard Aug 3rd 2006 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by gsb
It is good to see that somemthings in life are truly consistent....or should that be people..... :D

No just had a slack day at work so thought I would liven up the site ,not realy got time for this stuff.
Seen nothing here to convice me Australia is attracting the kind of people I would wish to live next door to .
Young countries need people with drive , not people who want to copout of the rat race , same old story here , lead me to the promised land filled with milk and honey where I shall drink my fill.
As W C Fields said any club who would have me as a member is not one I wish to be a member of, same can can be said of Australias immigration policy.

DollyDaydream Aug 3rd 2006 12:44 pm

http://usera.imagecave.com/DDD3/faint.gif

Good to see you back PB......

DD

pommie bastard Aug 3rd 2006 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by Hutch
Well, life's just such a non-stop roller coaster of thrills in the wild west midlands, what else would you do? Harpenden must be the same ... ;)

I do not live in the West Midlands but thats of little concern , I live to the full , unlike the some of the sad cases on this site.
Love wit , have you got any ?

Santa Aug 3rd 2006 12:53 pm

Glad to see you back again Pommie. What a balanced view of the world you bring. Yep, Australia's complete shit...... and the Midlands, well, a pot of gold on every corner no doubt