Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

3 Years on , back in UK

3 Years on , back in UK

Old Aug 16th 2006, 8:48 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 Years on , back in UK

Originally Posted by seang
Are'nt macq bank in the running for thames water as well?
Coming last again , no doubt
Old Aug 16th 2006, 8:49 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loz
They've all moved cos they don't want anybody like PB living near them

Loz x

Something tells me thats not likely to happen given the amount of time he devotes to writing drivel and how little he spends actually working!
Old Aug 16th 2006, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

JoanMC is a jewel in the roughJoanMC is a jewel in the roughJoanMC is a jewel in the roughJoanMC is a jewel in the roughJoanMC is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by wavy_davy
Yeps, I absolutely agree with you but the long term and untried effects of Imperialism and the European Union are just starting to surface, all I'm saying is that anyone is a fool not to see the result............I don't dispute for the moment that Britain is a still a great economic and world power and no better or worse than Oz, just different.
Life's about more than power, money and war, that's why it became an easy decision to leave, constantly feeling let down by the "system", with a young child in tow, myself and my wife now understand what this "quality of life" quote now truly means.
I understand how you feel, If it wasn't for living on the IoW the final choice would be easier. Also our two boys are in the Combined Cadet Corp, smart uniforms, discipline, teamwork - during free time from school and during the hols' they are off on great trips most of them subsidised. A lot to consider when ripping up the roots..It's such a big move and often we don't realise what we have/had until it is no longer there...Ideally if one can afford the time and money it is probably a good idea to live in the proposed re-location for an extended stay; could be a small investment compared with the final costs of moving and outcome should things go pear shaped...Having lived abroad albeit on a non permanent basis, I don't realise how much I miss home and how deep the roots go until I am away and Australasia is not a short ferry trip like say France or Spain..Still,,,
Old Aug 16th 2006, 8:50 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pommie bastard
Coming last again , no doubt
Better than coming first all the time.....that is so selfish !!
Old Aug 16th 2006, 8:54 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
No thats ok just checking who was right this time. oh how my staff are laughing, i think they find all this funny its just i cant quite understand them since the ability to speak at least pigeon English isn't a requirement of them coming into the mother country.
Love people of different races after all did I not live in the most multi-cultural of all OZ , try any government department there all languages interpreted , Aussie nurses who want to work in the UK have to take an English test
Old Aug 16th 2006, 8:56 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoanMC
I understand how you feel, If it wasn't for living on the IoW the final choice would be easier. Also our two boys are in the Combined Cadet Corp, smart uniforms, discipline, teamwork - during free time from school and during the hols' they are off on great trips most of them subsidised. A lot to consider when ripping up the roots..It's such a big move and often we don't realise what we have/had until it is no longer there...Ideally if one can afford the time and money it is probably a good idea to live in the proposed re-location for an extended stay; could be a small investment compared with the final costs of moving and outcome should things go pear shaped...Having lived abroad albeit on a non permanent basis, I don't realise how much I miss home and how deep the roots go until I am away and Australasia is not a short ferry trip like say France or Spain..Still,,,

My god were actually getting back to the serious business at hand, a new life abroad and not a spitting contest!! i agree with you, but on the plus side you do have new Zealand, papua new guinea, Malaysia, Bali and it you pretend real hard you could be in France in french Polynesia.
Old Aug 16th 2006, 8:58 pm
Banned

Something tells me thats not likely to happen given the amount of time he devotes to writing drivel and how little he spends actually working!
We have something in common
Old Aug 16th 2006, 9:03 pm
Straw Man.

We have something in common

Its raining down here mate and i dont expect my guys to work in those conditions, horrendous! oh yeah and we start work at 6am, and thats because I'm a can do kinda guy, just the sort the prison colony are looking for!!
Old Aug 16th 2006, 9:26 pm
Banned

Its raining down here mate and i dont expect my guys to work in those conditions, horrendous! oh yeah and we start work at 6am, and thats because I'm a can do kinda guy, just the sort the prison colony are looking for!!
I would agree OZ is for you , might give you an idea what rain can be like
Old Aug 16th 2006, 9:29 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Cor, hasn't life in the barbie changed in such a short time.

Every night I come in here now I find a Bastard
Old Aug 16th 2006, 9:29 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by loz
They've all moved cos they don't want anybody like PB living near them

Loz x
True in the same way rich Aussies move away from OZ to avoid Poms?
Old Aug 16th 2006, 9:31 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CasG
Better than coming first all the time.....that is so selfish !!
says who
Old Aug 16th 2006, 9:32 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by wengerboy
says who
Me...you going to argue with me boy ?
Old Aug 16th 2006, 9:33 pm
Account Closed

True in the same way rich Aussies move away from OZ to avoid Poms?
Now stop it ......you deserve a good smack, and sent to bed with no supper
Old Aug 16th 2006, 9:34 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CasG
Me...you going to argue with me boy ?
no! I don`t want to hijack PBUK`s thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.