Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

2nd Indian found dead

2nd Indian found dead

Old Jan 8th 2010, 4:04 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2nd Indian found dead

Originally Posted by Weebie
Unfornuate news that has occurred.

But I question future migrants.

This country is expensive, boring, dangerous and yet many of you thinks it will solve your problems and have dreams of moving out whilst many Aussies especielly younger are desperate to move out.

This country is a dump and I'm Aussie!
You and I are fortunate to live in very affluent western nations. Most of the population in the world does not and would find living in Australia Nirvana by comparison to the true sh*thole conditions they might face in their own countries.

Given that Australia is one of the few countries which still offer independent skilled migration generally, most do not or limit it severely, this nation offers a lifeline and chance to turn lives around.

Think of it as a dump if you must but your dump is another mans family dreams.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 4:15 am
Banned

WillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fish.01
It seems to breach these guidelines. Maybe we should report it?

http://www.presscouncil.org.au/pcsit...es/gpr248.html
"Publications should not place gratuitous emphasis on ..."

Take the word "Indian" and the phrase "Indian-born" and the item would comply.

The name "Baljit Singh" implies Punjabi / Indian ancestory but it is the name of the convict so it stays.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 4:18 am
Banned

WillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mpgrewal
If everyone knows that thugs lurk in the parks of Westren Melbourne after 8 pm. Then why doesn't police raid and nab them. Why this obvious thing is not understood by the authorities.
Why don't you call into your local police station and ask them in person?

I'd like to know what they say.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 4:20 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WillBlack
What a charming place.

Should stake out these killing fields and send some plain clothes police into the parks to lure the evil doers to their doom.
Perhaps the plain clothes cops ARE the evil doers
Old Jan 8th 2010, 4:22 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Perhaps the plain clothes cops ARE the evil doers
You're in the drug industry I take it.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 4:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

"Publications should not place gratuitous emphasis on ..."

Take the word "Indian" and the phrase "Indian-born" and the item would comply.

The name "Baljit Singh" implies Punjabi / Indian ancestory but it is the name of the convict so it stays.
Agreed. Those references to Indian and Indian-born don't seem necessary. They already have him under arrest so no need for identification purposes. No temp visa issues:

in obvious case where reference to a person's physical characteristics or ethnic background is relevant, or in the public interest, is when they are part of police descriptions of wanted suspects. Thus is particularly so when the suspects are regarded as violent and dangerous. When a person's physical characteristics or ethnic background are tendered as relevant evidence in court, they are then matters of public record.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 4:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

What a charming place.

Should stake out these killing fields and send some plain clothes police into the parks to lure the evil doers to their doom.
I'd definitely treat the UK the same.

However maybe if I spent more time there, maybe my views would change.

I can definitely report that Aus City Parks are dead dodgy places after dark, probably worse than the trains at night. Certainly in Melbourne and Sydney anyway.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jan 8th 2010 at 4:29 am.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 4:26 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Don't think this one has been posted yet - slightly different slant on Aussie-Indian relations.....

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...0-3102,00.html
Old Jan 8th 2010, 4:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mpgrewal
If everyone knows that thugs lurk in the parks of Westren Melbourne after 8 pm. Then why doesn't police raid and nab them. Why this obvious thing is not understood by the authorities.

Why not sentence them first time only. What is the probability of catching the same person again? Very less.

Comes down to manpower... I'd say these recent events will change things. As for the Knives, I'd say the jail system wouldnt be able to cope at first.

As for my local park, we definitely get Gays down there after dark, and before then sometimes. Maybe the Police should concentrate on them eh ? However that would be deemed homophobic.... it's whats attracted the thugs IMO. Reason being the Gays out on "the beat" are quite unlikely to report a bashing.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jan 8th 2010 at 4:32 am.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 4:29 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

You're in the drug industry I take it.
Yes i am,in a roundabout way
Old Jan 8th 2010, 4:47 am
Banned

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I'd definitely treat the UK the same.

However maybe if I spent more time there, maybe my views would change.

I can definitely report that Aus City Parks are dead dodgy places after dark, probably worse than the trains at night. Certainly in Melbourne and Sydney anyway.
My inutition was not misleading me then. Sodomy and Gonorrhea.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 4:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My inutition was not misleading me then. Sodomy and Gonorrhea.
I'll pay that

I'd say the local police were turning a blind eye to the problems at local inner city parks at night. Now that Indians are deciding to reclaim the land, maybe things will change.

Only real way out of this, is to employ a hell of a lot more police.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 5:10 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by asprilla
I am wondering how the Indian community feel about the sentence imposed on this taxi driver.
3 months jail time for sexually molesting his 13 year old female passenger, in school uniform, whilst taking her to her grandmothers house.

Old Jan 8th 2010, 5:39 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Weebie
Unfornuate news that has occurred.

But I question future migrants.

This country is expensive, boring, dangerous and yet many of you thinks it will solve your problems and have dreams of moving out whilst many Aussies especielly younger are desperate to move out.

This country is a dump and I'm Aussie!
Australia is not a dump is has the second highest standard of living in the world and the only western country not in recession and well as being a very large country with a small population with great natural attractions such as some of the best beaches in the world ,Australia is not a dangerous place its a peacful country with a low crime rate. The murder rate in OZ is four times lower then the USA.
Regarding these two murders of Indians, the first one in NSW it appears the victim was murdered by fellow Indians , indian farm labourers he owed money , regarding the second murder in Melbourne the victim was walking alone at night thorough a park in a bad suburb of Melboune. it was probably a robbery and nothing to do with racism. Theres been many cases of Indians committing crimes against Aussies, so are those all racist attacks?

Last edited by mohogony; Jan 8th 2010 at 5:45 am.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 6:12 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry but I don't get why anyone, in any country would walk through a park after dark. The only people there would be there for reasons not strictly legal. It must have been one of the first things my parents told me when I was first being allowed out in the 70s. It's common sense. If walking home after dark, no matter how many of you there are, you stick to public footpaths that are well lit and close to roads. It's called self preservation.

Parks during the day are for families and normal people. After dark they're for other members of the community.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.