Schools in Barbados

Old Aug 29th 2008, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

Lindi2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Schools in Barbados

Hi Sunnie,

Would you know the correct email for St Ursula please. I have one but it just doesn't look right to me, [email protected]

thanks very much.

L
Old Aug 30th 2008, 12:11 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

Try this one first. I'm not sure I actually have an e-mail address for the school. It looks like they have been working hard on the website this summer, adding new things all the time.

I'm going over in the morning as the PTA Shop is open and daughter needs somethings left on her book list. I'm sure the office has been closed, but will reopen on Monday.

I'll see if I can find out another e-mail address or verify that this is correct.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Sunnie.

I'm hoping to email the school soonest to see if they can answer some of my questions. Not long now until my daughter would need to sit the 11+ (if we decided on St Ursula & they had a space for her).

So glad i came across this website, you've been very helpful

L
Old Aug 30th 2008, 6:27 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

sorry bout that Lindi, but I forgot to ask while there this AM.. long line at the PTA shop and totally forgot everything except the books etc., I was trying to get for one of my daughters.

I'll call the school first thing Monday, but I would suggest that you try the e-mail listed first and then resend on Monday if it doesn't go anywhere.

Let me just say this.. when I went to their office the full year before my daughter was to sit the 11plus, they told me.. don't worry, we have places.. and they likely will.. they have 2 intake classes every year.. Form 1 and lower form 1 (which is for girls who haven't done well on the 11plus, or have some type of slight learning disability, such as ADD, Dyslexia, etc.) I'm not 100percent sure about the actual number, but they take probably about 40 new girls ever year.. which doesn't sound like much, but for a private girls secondary it is..

St. Winifreds will have their first class of boys next week.. I understand that out of an intake of about 32 students, 18 are boys.. which is very interesting, and obviously needed.

Last edited by Sunniebgi; Aug 30th 2008 at 6:34 pm.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 11:57 pm

ok.. so don't try the e-mail address.. I just did and it didn't work.. I believe the school office is back on Monday, so I'll ask a question and report back..

later
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 1:25 pm

[email protected] This is the e-mail for the Ursuline Convent Schools in Barbados. St. Angelas is the Infant and Junior school (ages 3-11yrs boys and girls) and St. Ursulas is the girls only secondary age 11-15/16 (Form 1 - 5)
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks very much for getting me the info Sunnie, I will email them today.

I notice that the senior school only goes to year 5, what happens then? Is there a 6th form college on the island?

Regards

L
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 2:56 pm

Harrison College, Queen's College and The Barbados Community College all have 6th form years. I think also Comberrmere has a 6th form as well, but not sure. I thought The Lodge School did as well, but not sure.

When the results from the CXC (Caribbean Examination Council) exams come out, the child has to apply to one of the 6th form schools, even if they are already a student there, or they apply to the community college to do their
6th form years.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for that, I know it's a long way away but it's good to know if she does decide to sit her 'A' levels (or equivalent), she can.

L
Old Oct 21st 2008, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

To Shines

I have sent you a pm.

L
Old Nov 5th 2008, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

joseyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

The Convent Schools take girls and boys 3-11 and girls 11-16. Quite a well-regarded school with an active parent community.

http://www.conventschoolsbarbados.com
Old Nov 6th 2008, 8:17 am

Glad to see the website is being worked on. It should also have a PTA section with announcements etc, as their isn't much that comes home to to the parents.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 10:25 am
Just Joined

Exclamation Re: Schools in Barbados

The email address on the website is correct - it forwards to the office email address [email protected]
Old Nov 6th 2008, 10:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by joseyboy
The Convent Schools take girls and boys 3-11 and girls 11-16. Quite a well-regarded school with an active parent community.

http://www.conventschoolsbarbados.com
email address is [email protected] - there is a small (but important) typo on the website in the email address
Old Dec 12th 2008, 8:06 am
Just Joined

NonBritish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bajanblondie
...The level of teaching there is great, the teachers genuinely care and are very willing to go out of their way to help you in any way to make sure that you suceed.
...The teachers I had at St. Winifred's were by the far the best teachers have ever encountered, they were patient, caring and always went out their way to make sure each student suceeded.
...Yes they may seem to be strict, but nothing unreasonable. The high morals that was instilled in me at St. Winifred's has done me very well I believe.
I also have many friends who attended St. Gabriel's Primary School, and Codrington High School and had pleasant experiences.
I would completely recommend St. Winifred's to anyone.
Hope this helps. If you have any further questions dont hesitate to reply back
Hi, here am I with my questions & hesitations.
Being 6 y.o. my daughter is smart but her English is poor. Is there smth like ESL support at St. Winifred's?
Being a bit undisciplined & unorganized my daughter is smart enough to feel the slightest weakness of mom & pop & others, so the "reasonable strictness" at St. Winifred's is exactly what she needs. But what level of strictness you consider to be reasonable? Could you please give me some examples to have a better understanding?
Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.