Moving to Barbados

Old Jun 3rd 2008, 9:50 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Barbados

While I went through my process 16years ago, it only took 2 months.. could have been my brother in law having a friend in the department, and pushing for it, but it took another girl I know, who had her's processed the same as mine, under 2mths (could be that she was already a caricom citizen)

and my thought, even before reading the info above, was that it would have been easier to get it if you where not in Barbados (meaning in London at the Consulate there).

RE your son, I don't have any idea how that will work, but likely after you get yours you may be able to apply for him.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 10:04 am
Just Joined

luigifum is an unknown quantity at this point

Just spoken to the man at the Barbados high commission here in London and he is sending the paperworks for my wife to apply for passport. Let's see how long this will take. I will keep you informed
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

Lindi2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Luigifum, the next step for your wife and yourself will be an interview at the High Commission. My husband was also renewing his Bajan passport when we went last week which had expired last month, and it was sent to him 2 days later So no complaints up to now
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

shines will become famous soon enoughshines will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by zanne
Shines, you need to get extensions but I think that if you word your extension request something like, "Respectfully request extension of stay until my citizenship application has been granted, Application File No._____________." Also add in about your child and husband being Barbadian. I did that in February and they granted me 6 months. As far as getting an interview slot here in Barbados you really have to push, I was recently told that the waiting period is being increased so that means more than 18mos start to finish. Mine was just shy of 18 months, and I still don't have the certificates.
Hiya,

So when I go to put my citizenship application in, do I need to see someone then or just leave the papers with them and wait to be called for an interview?

Ta
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all

We just dropped them off...but I think that you need to call and try to get an interview as soon as possible.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 12:05 am
BE Enthusiast

shines will become famous soon enoughshines will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by zanne
We just dropped them off...but I think that you need to call and try to get an interview as soon as possible.
Thanks honey, will drop them in ASAP and then just keep on calling

S