Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

If you knew then what you know now, what would you have brought to Barbados?

If you knew then what you know now, what would you have brought to Barbados?

Old Nov 7th 2007, 12:29 am
Banned

Jack Bowman has a spectacular aura aboutJack Bowman has a spectacular aura aboutJack Bowman has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: If you knew then what you know now, what would you have brought to Barbados?

Originally Posted by trutje
You're absolutely right!
A low individual who is taking pleasure out of bullying woman!
Oh for god’s sake, do yourself a favour and grow up. Your comment is simply pathetic. The plural of “woman”, by the way, is “women”.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 12:33 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you knew then what you know now, what would you have brought to Barbados?

Originally Posted by Jack Bowman
Oh for god’s sake, do yourself a favour and grow up. Your comment is simply pathetic. The plural of “woman”, by the way, is “women”.
Enough, please read my previous post!!
Old Nov 7th 2007, 12:41 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Actually you brought nothing to our attention. This site is not premoderated and we do not read every single one of the thousands of posts that are made daily in this forum. If you wanted to bring something to our attention then you could have pm'd us or used the "contact us" link that is at the bottom of every page. You did neither. I only came across your posts by accident today whilst browsing the forums.

Now as it's clear to me that this thread has gone way off topic and run its course I will close it.

Sue

Dear Travelera LLC.

I understand, according to the “legal” link on your site, that “BritishExpats.com”, is “provided by Travelera LLC on an ‘As Is’ basis” and that “Travelera LLC makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied …”.

I further understand that you hereby publicly assert, on your “legal” link on the referenced site, that “if brought to our attention the administrators and moderators of the forum will attempt to remove or edit any objectionable material as quickly as possible”.

I wish to draw to your attention some objectionable material that I believe is actionable and enforceable under the law (I understand that you are operating under US legislation. If this is not the case, please inform me immediately.)

I hereby draw your attention to the comments made about me by “trutje” on this day at 1:24 pm and 1:36 pm I will not herein repeat all of the comments made by “trutje”, but I want hereby to record that (notwithstanding any other claims of objection I might have in future) I find the comment below be “objectionable material” that you will [remove] “as quickly as possible”.

“irritate some other people, maybe some in your sad life!”

I reserve all my legal rights to make further representations about “trutje” and his or her comments.

Thank your for your immediate attention to this matter.
Dear Travelera LLC.

I reiterate my understanding of what you regard as your legal obligations. I reiterate my rights to make further representations about “trutje” and his or her comments in the forums you control, and that are internationally accessible.

I note that, in another forum you control, “trutje” had this to say: “'I’ve heard that of the Dominican Replubic [sic] but that's no surprise because it's attached to Haiti.”

I find this comment deeply troubling. There can be no doubt that the comment can give rise to a discussion about whether the person who made the comment is, latently or otherwise, a racist.

I hereby draw your attention to this matter, on the understanding that Travelera LLC, which “provides” “BritishExpats.com”, “will attempt to remove or edit any objectionable material as quickly as possible”.