Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

If you knew then what you know now, what would you have brought to Barbados?

If you knew then what you know now, what would you have brought to Barbados?

Old Oct 23rd 2007, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all
Default Re: If you knew then what you know now, what would you have brought to Barbados?

The real question here, Mr. Bowman, is whether or not you will accept the Barbados post. Do tell...
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

trutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud of
Default Re: If you knew then what you know now, what would you have brought to Barbados?

Originally Posted by zanne
The real question here, Mr. Bowman, is whether or not you will accept the Barbados post. Do tell...
Who cares! Barbados is not a place for arrogant pricks
Old Oct 24th 2007, 9:57 pm
Banned

Jack Bowman has a spectacular aura aboutJack Bowman has a spectacular aura aboutJack Bowman has a spectacular aura about

Do tell ... Let me tell ... Having thought about the matter and, most importantly, having watched the breathtaking arrogance of obvious racists on this forum, my wife and I have decided to take a post in Haiti, where the racists are at least immediately identifiable and therefore can be ignored.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all

Wait, let me get this straight you have chosen Haiti over Barbados? Notwithstanding his post or any of the replies and/or comments I am surprised. I had a friend in graduate school-- his father had a post in Haiti for a bit and they couldn't hack it. What advantages does Haiti have for you, if you don't mind my asking.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

^^^that was, "...this post," not "...his post."
Old Oct 24th 2007, 10:11 pm
Banned

Jack Bowman has a spectacular aura aboutJack Bowman has a spectacular aura aboutJack Bowman has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by trutje
Who cares! Barbados is not a place for arrogant pricks
You are, self-evidently, an unread person with nothing helpful to say.

Sorry. I forgot to speak in your language. It’s new to me, but I’m doing my best to learn it. So ..

Sorry !!!! You are self-evidently a dickheadButcan you grasp :curse:my message anyway or can you only write sentences with the help of cartoons?

Last edited by Jack Bowman; Oct 24th 2007 at 10:24 pm.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 10:43 pm
Banned

Wait, let me get this straight you have chosen Haiti over Barbados? Notwithstanding his post or any of the replies and/or comments I am surprised. I had a friend in graduate school-- his father had a post in Haiti for a bit and they couldn't hack it. What advantages does Haiti have for you, if you don't mind my asking.
Of course, I’m sorry to hear about your friend’s father who couldn’t “hack it” in Haiti. Perhaps your friend’s father was not equal to the task.

I’m in the business of making poor people less poor. I am not in the business of having a “lifestyle” as a previous poster mentioned. Does this help? I hope so.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 10:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

You should have said that from the start, why not try Africa then? What is your Title, etc.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

trutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud of

There's no reasoning with you,Mr Bowman, in any language!
We have all been trying to help you with your request of the topic and all you have done after Olderman's post is being arrogant and nasty.
In life is what you give is what you get!!

And Haiti? You have NO idea about Haiti!!!!!

Last edited by trutje; Oct 25th 2007 at 9:00 am.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 2:07 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jack Bowman
Do tell ... Let me tell ... Having thought about the matter and, most importantly, having watched the breathtaking arrogance of obvious racists on this forum, my wife and I have decided to take a post in Haiti, where the racists are at least immediately identifiable and therefore can be ignored.
Jack, I have read all the post in this thread that you started, and it is you who started this hostility. What is wrong with you ? What have you got against those who like and recommend Barbados as a good place to live.

Please think carefully about what you are writing because from where I am standing it looks as though it is you that has some kind of problem which you need to sort out in your head. Please do not use the racist card so loosely because I take offence to this.

You asked a question, people have been kind enough to try and help you, and then you resort to these childlike tactics for no known reason.

You are making yourself look silly, so please put an end to this unproductive crap. Go in peace and live in peace.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 8:50 pm
Banned

And Haiti? You have NO idea about Haiti!!!!!
trutje: Having spent two years living in Haiti, I’m reasonably certain that I do, in fact, have some idea about Haiti. And I am absolutely certain that my idea about Haiti is somewhat more sophisticated than the following quotation, from someone who lacks the balls to put his or her real name on this forum: “I’ve heard that of the Dominican Replubic [sic] but that's no surprise because it's attached to Haiti.”

As to you, “pgtips”, I always favoured Typhoo, myself. “Liptons” tea, obviously, is deeply sad, almost as sad as people who believe they have a “lifestyle”. I appreciate why you wouldn’t have chosen Liptons or Twinings, both of them very poor teas. But there are, in the world, better teas than PG Tips. Perhaps you should have chosen one of them. I mean, if you’re going to be so cowardly as to put a brand of tea rather than your real name onto an opinion, why should anyone take the opinion seriously?

I don’t have time to answer you in full now, because of my busy “lifestyle”. But as soon as I do, you can bet that you’ll be hearing from me.

All best wishes to you.

JB

PS. trutje. If you didn't understand this message, let me try to make it easier for you ...

Having spent!!!!! two years living in Haiti, I’m reasonably certain that I do, in fact, have some idea about Haiti.!!!!!! And I am absolutely certain that my idea about Haiti :curse:is somewhat more sophisticated than the following quotation, from someone who lacks the balls to put his or her real name on this forum: “I’ve heard that of the Dominican Replubic [sic] but that's no surprise because it's attached to Haiti.” !!!!!!!

As to you, “pgtips”, I always favoured Typhoo, myself. “Liptons” tea, obviously, is deeply sad, almost as sad as people who believe they have a “lifestyle”. I appreciate why you wouldn’t have chosen Liptons or Twinings, both of them very poor teas. But there are, in the world, better teas than PG Tips. Perhaps you should have chosen one of them. I mean, if you’re going to be so cowardly as to put a brand of tea rather than your real name onto an opinion, why should anyone take the opinion seriously?

I don’t have time to answer you in full now, because of my busy “lifestyle”. But as soon as I do, you can bet that you’ll be hearing from me.

All best wishes to you!!!!!!!!!!

JB
Old Oct 25th 2007, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

After reaching your final decision regarding Haiti I do hope that you will find a discussion board that will entertain your questions regarding your impending relocation.

I do find it rather odd that you continue to lurk around here amongst people and/or persona's that you do not like long after you have made your decision not to come to Barbados. There is no question in my mind that you are not who you say you are, and unfortunately, just here to stir up trouble.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 10:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Let's try to be helpfull to people who really need some support ,like in all the other threads ,about our beautifull island with it's beautifull people and forget about mr...ehm, what was his name again!?
Old Oct 25th 2007, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hear/here, hear/here!!! A great idea!
Old Oct 25th 2007, 10:40 pm
Banned

.. and forget about mr...ehm, what was his name again!?
The name's Bowman. Jack Bowman. And your name is what, exactly?

Sorry!!!! I meant, in your language, trutje: Your!!!!! NAME is what, exactly????!!!!:curse:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.