Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

If you knew then what you know now, what would you have brought to Barbados?

If you knew then what you know now, what would you have brought to Barbados?

Old Oct 25th 2007, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all
Default Re: If you knew then what you know now, what would you have brought to Barbados?

Okay...here is a link to an Expat site for Haiti, good luck:

http://www.alloexpat.com/haiti_expat_forum/

It seems like there is quite a bit of activity on there, and I do believe that you will fit right in.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 10:52 pm
Banned

Jack Bowman has a spectacular aura aboutJack Bowman has a spectacular aura aboutJack Bowman has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: If you knew then what you know now, what would you have brought to Barbados?

Originally Posted by zanne
There is no question in my mind that you are not who you say you are, and unfortunately, just here to stir up trouble.
Whereas someone who signs here as a brand of tea (pgtips) is what? Who he says he is? Are you serious?

Fascinating to watch this exchange. It becomes ever clearer that some individuals are simply fixated on finding something desirable, all evidence to the contrary, even if they are so latently racist and inexperienced that they can't spell basic words correctly, like "helpful" and beautiful" and "its".
Old Oct 26th 2007, 5:49 am
BE Enthusiast

trutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jack Bowman
Whereas someone who signs here as a brand of tea (pgtips) is what? Who he says he is? Are you serious?

Fascinating to watch this exchange. It becomes ever clearer that some individuals are simply fixated on finding something desirable, all evidence to the contrary, even if they are so latently racist and inexperienced that they can't spell basic words correctly, like "helpful" and beautiful" and "its".

See if you can write a story in Dutch, you arrogant pompous bully!!!!
And now leave us alone!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 26th 2007, 8:43 am

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

I would urge everyone to ignore 'jack bowman', because this individual is not worth your time and certainly is not adding anything of value to these discussions.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

trutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pgtips
I would urge everyone to ignore 'jack bowman', because this individual is not worth your time and certainly is not adding anything of value to these discussions.
You're absolutely right!
A low individual who is taking pleasure out of bullying woman!

Last edited by trutje; Oct 26th 2007 at 9:15 am.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 12:35 am
Banned

Jack Bowman has a spectacular aura aboutJack Bowman has a spectacular aura aboutJack Bowman has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by trutje
I’m sorry. Did I miss something? Can someone point out to me the post in which I claimed that I could write a story in Dutch?

If not, why should the unnamed, anonymous, verbose, prolix and astoundingly abusive ‘trutje’ even pose the question?

Pero si quieres, persona sin los cojones para dar un nombre verdadero, sí pudiera contarle algo en español. Tal vez un cuento.

O em portugues tambem, si realmente e necesario.

But it isn’t really necessary. I asked a legitimate question. I was graceful to graceful answers. And you abused me, with help from posters noted, in very insulting terms.

Did your “beautifull [sic] island” teach you to be so discourteous, or is rudeness innate to your character?
Old Nov 5th 2007, 1:13 am
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all

It was so quiet here...

Didn't you enjoy the site I referenced for ex-pats in Cuba? I understand the US is working to decommission Gitmo, maybe there will be space there for you and your lovely wife.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 2:59 am
Banned

It was so quiet here...

Didn't you enjoy the site I referenced for ex-pats in Cuba? I understand the US is working to decommission Gitmo, maybe there will be space there for you and your lovely wife.
No. I didn’t enjoy the site you “referenced” for ex-pats in Cuba. I have searched the thread, and I can’t find your “referenced” site for ex-pats in Cuba. Can you?

In fact, can anyone else reading this thread see the site that zanne “referenced” for ex-pats in Cuba? If you can see the site that zanne “referenced” for ex-pats in Cuba, can you explain to me the third sentence of zanne’s contribution? What does Guantanamo Bay have to do with me?

Or, to put the same question in the language of the anonymous, too-scared-to-put-my-own-name, relentlessly abusive “trutje”:

What!!!???? does:curse: Guantanamo Bay have to do with me????!!!
Old Nov 5th 2007, 3:05 am
Banned

But "trutje", I am neither arrogant nor pompous, as the record clearly shows.

And even if I were, at least I'm not fat and boring. And at least I have the balls to put my own name here.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 3:34 am
Banned

I understand the US is working to decommission Gitmo, maybe there will be space there for you and your lovely wife.
Excuse me? EXCUSE ME? I think you just crossed a line.

Even you, witless though you doubtless are, must concede that you crossed a line here.

You have something to say about my wife? My WIFE?

I want to be sure I understand you clearly here. You think my wife should be a prisoner at Guantanamo Bay? You think this? Is this what you're saying? Is it?

Do you think you might have crossed a line here, with your comment about my wife? MY WIFE? You think she should be in Guantanamo Bay? You think this?

To these questions, there are exactly two answers. One is 'yes'. The other is 'no'.

Your answer, yes, or no, will be important. I need no other response. Just yes or no. BUt I will definitely need a response.

Last edited by Jack Bowman; Nov 5th 2007 at 3:38 am.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jack Bowman
But "trutje", I am neither arrogant nor pompous, as the record clearly shows.

And even if I were, at least I'm not fat and boring. And at least I have the balls to put my own name here.

Altough you want to come across as very intelligent it suprises me you have never heard of a nickname.
Not fat ? Haven't seen any proof of that because you obviously haven't got the balls to show yourself on a photograph!

You might believe you're not boring but you certainly bore me to death,YAWN...!

Last edited by trutje; Nov 5th 2007 at 8:01 am.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 9:36 pm
Banned

Altough you want to come across as very intelligent it suprises me you have never heard of a nickname.
Not fat ? Haven't seen any proof of that because you obviously haven't got the balls to show yourself on a photograph!

You might believe you're not boring but you certainly bore me to death,YAWN...!
Dear “trutje”,

Thank you for your contribution. Perhaps even our friend Mr. “pgtips”, so cowardly as to identify himself as a brand of tea but so ready to voice a very vehement (and anonymous) opinion, found your contribution helpful to the discussion. Mr. “tips” (or may I, with all due respect, call you “pg”?) averred that I am “not adding anything of value to these discussions.” An interesting comment, especially since it was I who started the discussions with a wholly honest question that sought help.

Your latest contribution, “trutje”, was characteristically witty, intelligent and humorous, and I thank you for it with all sincerity. I have no doubt that anyone whose shoe-size is bigger than their IQ will find it fantastically funny, and will recount it to their many witty friends. You certainly beat me with that comment.

I think it was the final word in your contribution (the word “yawn” written in capital letters with the elipses and exclamation mark at the end), that most of your readers will remember as signaling the arrival of a new Oscar Wilde, a person of quite uncommon wit. Perhaps you should write professionally. I mean, obviously, once you get over your dispiriting tendency to litter your messages with the kind of cartoons that most of us grew out of at about the same time as our IQs got bigger than our shoe size.

But I’m curious about a couple of things. You assert, in a public forum, that I “want to come across as very intelligent”. Do I? You know this? You know it well enough to assert it publicly?

You further assert, again in a public forum, that “it suprises [sic] me you have never heard of a nickname.” You know this? You know it enough to be surprised? It is incumbent on me to inform you herewith that I have heard of a nickname (I would never pretend to know it in Dutch, of course pero sí, de vez en cuando, me han mencionado el concepto del apodo en español y tambem en portugues), even in my mother tongue.

I think I’m finished with you, for now. What I’m still awaiting, the most important thing, is a response from “zanne” about why she hopes my wife, the beloved person of my life, a person who has seen grief that you cannot even imagine, should be detained at Guantanamo Bay. I will anticipate a response from “zanne” on this matter, in the same form as she expressed her wish for my wife. Can you spell “wit”? Can you spell “litigation”?

I continue to hope that you and yours are well.

Best wishes,

Jack Bowman

Sorry, "trutje". Was this boring? Did this "bore [you] to death"? Or make you write very common English nouns in capital letters? Would it help if I added some infantile cartoons?

Last edited by Jack Bowman; Nov 6th 2007 at 10:03 pm.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 12:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Please Mr.Bowman go away, please. It was joke and if you cannot take a joke, well I'm sorry. I am sorry that you think I have insulted your wife. All you have done on this forum is to incite trouble for no reason. Again why you would continue to visit the forum if you do not intend to live here is beyond my understanding. I for one will not be returning to this forum.

Good evening.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 12:21 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know exactly what has been going on in this thread, but can I remind some that we ask you all to treat each other with courtesy and respect.

As per rule 1 of the site rules:
BritishExpats.com is an interactive site, and everyone who participates is "in it together", please treat others the way you wish to be treated. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult or personal attack.
Thank you.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 12:26 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Nice in here innit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.