Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

You know you're in Australia when ...

You know you're in Australia when ...

Old Oct 21st 2005, 2:53 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: You know you're in Australia when ...

117. you dont get veruccas u get planters
118. u dont get cystitis you get UTI
Old Oct 21st 2005, 2:57 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

when u read the front page of the newspaper first
Old Oct 21st 2005, 3:44 pm
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
117. you dont get veruccas u get planters
118. u dont get cystitis you get UTI
Actually you get UTI's in UK too! I'm a nurse I'm female and so you should know I am ALWAYS right!
Old Oct 21st 2005, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

lee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nice

119. The first time someone said to you their crook and you laugh hysterically. (I'am sorry it just sounds so funny, where in hell did they get it from)

120. You need help carrying the Saturday papers.

121. Plastic wrapping is stronger (or maybe I'am just weaker here).

Jane
Old Oct 21st 2005, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by meelie
Actually you get UTI's in UK too! I'm a nurse I'm female and so you should know I am ALWAYS right!
yeah I know u do but when I asked for stuff for cystitis they looked at me as if i had too heads!!!
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 12:15 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: You know you're in Australia when ...

Originally Posted by lee/jane
119. The first time someone said to you their crook and you laugh hysterically. (I'am sorry it just sounds so funny, where in hell did they get it from)

120. You need help carrying the Saturday papers.

121. Plastic wrapping is stronger (or maybe I'am just weaker here).

Jane
122. when your'e drivin to work at 6.00am and groups of people are power walking
123. when you meet some one you are greeted with hi how you all goin
124. or lets have a mochoo and tim tam
125. or the car infront is older than your'e great granny

rich
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 3:46 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meelie
Whats a vernader then?
Lol....oh FFS....

You know you're in Austrawlia when you cant spell cos ure pished

Eeeee tis a hard life..but someone's gotta live it
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 5:59 am
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute

126. And EVERYTHING is 'absolutely nooo problem.'
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 12:29 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

127 People use brollies in the sun and not the rain
128 you can hav a BBQ while waitin for the traffic lights to change
129 you can have a 5oz, 7oz or a scooner of beer
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 2:38 pm

130. u can drive for 5 hours to ur holiday destination and some useless bimbo gives ur villa to the guy infront of u and then says Oh sorry it was the girls who took your booking's mistake(who isnt there to defend herself)"........then they say to u 'have a nice day grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ffs say no more
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 12:03 am
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
114.......the women are called Sheila and the blokes are called mate...or Davo....or Stevo....or Johno....
Does that mean i will be constantly looking over my shoulder when someone shouts sheila as that is my name any ideas on what i could change it too i am dreading telling people my name when i meet them for the 1st time has anyone seen the advert for sheilas wheels(car insurance) i am already getting the piss ripped out of me here and i haven't even left the country yet

Poshrice
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 12:16 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poshrice
Does that mean i will be constantly looking over my shoulder when someone shouts sheila as that is my name any ideas on what i could change it too i am dreading telling people my name when i meet them for the 1st time has anyone seen the advert for sheilas wheels(car insurance) i am already getting the piss ripped out of me here and i haven't even left the country yet

Poshrice
You not got a middle name you could use instead?

Some people use their middles names as their christian name don't they.

You could also think of it as 'new name' to go with your 'new life'
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 9:40 pm
Mad Nurse now in NSW

eljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of light
Post Re: You know you're in Australia when ...

Originally Posted by biggy
82. u take ur drink to a party in ur esky and then u take leftovers back home
Quality, absolute quality great post keep em coming lads.
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 9:46 pm
Mad Nurse now in NSW

eljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by eljustino
Quality, absolute quality great post keep em coming lads.
and ladies............
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 9:54 pm
Nicest member ( I think)

Originally Posted by eljustino
and ladies............
Yeah don't forget us ladies!