Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ideas to keep you focused

Ideas to keep you focused

Old Oct 23rd 2005, 10:04 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Ideas to keep you focused

I have posted this idea to someone else but thought I would mention it as it might be of help.

I have found that sometimes or most of the time, I feel like our dream will never happen.

Just suggested this to another poster and then thought others might want to do it.

I am thinking of starting a migration scrap book to keep my dream within my sights.

Putting all the agent emails in it, photos of Australia (personal ones if you have been), old flight tickets, any momento that can remind you of why you are putting yourself through this in the first place.

I intend to put my 'TRA Got It!' email in it - if/when it comes, even Abdels IELTS pass certificate. ANYTHING that is connected will go in my scrap book.

I shall have a UK scrap book as well with good and bad points of the UK, prices of things, photos, souvenirs.

So when we are finally in Australia and homesickness hits us, we can look back on our scrap book and see why we did it in the first place.

The poster I was talking to (kerrygold) said she will get her children involved in the scrap book, so they can enjoy it to. She is going to keep a journal which I think is a good idea.

You dont realise how far you have come in this process till you look back.

Guess who is off to buy a nice big fat album tomorrow?
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 10:07 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ideas to keep you focused

Ive just had a horrible thought?

Isnt scrap booking a big thing with the Aussie wives in Australia?

Well ours doesnt have to be 'that kind of scrap book'
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 10:29 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Ive just had a horrible thought?

Isnt scrap booking a big thing with the Aussie wives in Australia?

Well ours doesnt have to be 'that kind of scrap book'
Yep, Scrapbooking is massive out here, they even have scrapbooking shops and a program on Austar for it. I watch it sometimes out of morbid curiosity and I still can't beleive grown woman out here do it! When you watch the program it is exactly like a cross between playschool and blue peter. Worth watching IMO for the laugh as one woman tries to show another woman how to cut a piece of paper or how to use sticky back plastic to add that special touch.

Don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong with scrapbooking but it ranks out here with quilting.
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

I think that is a great idea. It will be lovely for you to look back on in a few years when you are sipping a cool drink, reflecting on your new life in Oz.

As for scrap booking. I will have to take it up LOL I think it is great there is a form of art here I can do. Not being able to draw or paint to save my life.