Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Yorkshire Tea & Boots

Yorkshire Tea & Boots

Old Sep 22nd 2010, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

Sushimania will become famous soon enoughSushimania will become famous soon enough
Default Yorkshire Tea & Boots

I'm in Mosman area. I went to Woolworths and IGA nearby but couldn't find any Yorkshire Tea. Would anyone please tell me where I might be able to buy some? Thank you!

What would be an equivalent to Boots here? Just arrived 3 days ago.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yorkshire Tea & Boots

Originally Posted by Sushimania
I'm in Mosman area. I went to Woolworths and IGA nearby but couldn't find any Yorkshire Tea. Would anyone please tell me where I might be able to buy some? Thank you!

I think you can get it in David Jones, I have seen Yorkshire Tea in there.

Also try the British Expat food shop near / in the bottom on the Centre Point shopping complex, up the stairs, first floor just below a big Harvey Norman store. They change their stock often though, I know they used to have it but it is a very small store.

An equal to Boots would Soul Pattersons Chemists, not as good as Boots but more or less the same, big one on Pitt Street Mall but can be found all over Sydney.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 9:29 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

If you cant find it in David Jones or there isnt a British Lolly Shop near you, you can buy it online from www.treatsfromhome.com.au.

Expensive yes but delivered to your door in 48 hours.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 10:24 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't the British Shop in Pitt St in that mall they've been ripping apart for the last year or so?

There used to be one in North Sydney, on Miller St, but I don't know if it's still there. There's an international sweet shop (lolly shop) in the basement under Myer in the city that sells a few food stuffs at greatly inflated prices. I got some bits there for a show and tell kind of thing.

Or take yourself off to Chatswood and go it Chatswood Chase mall. The recently renovated Coles in the basement has a British foods section so you may find what you want there (sorry, may be from Yorkshire but hate tea ) and there are tons of chemists in both Chatswood Chase and Westfield mall, just down the road. In fact there's one in Westfield, near the food court, that has very good prices. I stock up when we go over there.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 11:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

I think they're called 'Ugs' or possibly 'Fugs' . . . they're like boots in that they're longer than shoes, except a bit uglier . . .
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 1:08 am
BE Enthusiast

kizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud of

You could always try Bushells Rounds, they aren't as strong as Yorkshire Tea, but the closest I've found to English tea (typhoo). I actually now prefer it to English tea, specially with a chocolate covered Scotch finger.... going to have to go and put the kettle on now... A tip though, dont do like I did and try to find the things you were used to in the UK, you will get frustrated and start to miss what you had rather than what you have now. Dont bother with Liptons either if you've been used to Yorkshire tea you will need at least 4 bags per cup!

Old Sep 23rd 2010, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

Location: From Barnsley to Uxbridge to Southampton and eventually to Iluka....
Gert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really nice

You could try Twinings English Breakfast Tea. That's the nearest I have found to Yorkshire Tea. Haven't found anywhere like Boots I'm afraid....
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 2:04 am
BE Enthusiast

OzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to behold

Closest thing to Boots is probably Priceline Pharmacies:
http://www.priceline.com.au/store-lo...51.2058735#Map
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 3:16 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Equivalent to Boots would be any large pharmacy anywhere surely.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 4:14 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Equivalent to Boots would be any large pharmacy anywhere surely.
Yep,for pharmacy items.
There's no real equivalent to Boots as regards its wide range though. To get all the stuff I can buy in a good Boots back home now I have to visit half a dozen shops here.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 9:24 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Yep,for pharmacy items.
There's no real equivalent to Boots as regards its wide range though. To get all the stuff I can buy in a good Boots back home now I have to visit half a dozen shops here.
Like what? I used to get pharmacy stuff and make up and soap type stuff from there, what else is there?
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 9:42 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Like what? I used to get pharmacy stuff and make up and soap type stuff from there, what else is there?
Advantage points?
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 9:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stor...0052&geoOpts=Y

Pharmacy, opticians, baby stuff, toys, beauty, fragrance, electrical and photo goods....and points
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 10:24 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stor...0052&geoOpts=Y

Pharmacy, opticians, baby stuff, toys, beauty, fragrance, electrical and photo goods....and points
Thanks - saves me writing it all
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light

David Jones sells the normal Yorkshire Tea and the Gold one too. Very expensive though. Get someone from the UK to post some over!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.