Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Yorkshire Tea & Boots

Yorkshire Tea & Boots

Old Sep 23rd 2010, 10:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yorkshire Tea & Boots

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Thanks - saves me writing it all
My pleasure

I'm going to buy all my Xmas presents from Boots this year. I still have my rewards card...hope the points don't expire I have about 20 Quid on there
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 11:29 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stor...0052&geoOpts=Y

Pharmacy, opticians, baby stuff, toys, beauty, fragrance, electrical and photo goods....and points
OK I'm missing something but it's nowt to do with me so I'll butt out whilst remaining confused.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 12:38 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
My pleasure

I'm going to buy all my Xmas presents from Boots this year. I still have my rewards card...hope the points don't expire I have about 20 Quid on there
Might have to pinch my sister's Boots card while I'm there My dad used to save his points up and then hand his card over whenever I went back on holiday and tell me I could use whatever was on it, oooh I miss that
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 8:54 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

The only thing I used to miss from Boots was Rimmel 60 second nail polish Always had a buying frenzy when we went to Thailand.

Now I'm in Oz I can get it in Priceline, which is my pharmacy local to work, I still tend to pick one up now and then - shame I hardly ever were nail polish

You can get everything Boots does in one mall, just maybe not in one shop.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 9:28 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
OK I'm missing something but it's nowt to do with me so I'll butt out whilst remaining confused.
I think it depends on the size of the Boots. My local one used to stock the same as a large pharmacy but the one in Lakeside shopping centre sold all the above mentioned stuff.

Boots and WH Smith seem to be chains that survive on nostalgia.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 9:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
I think it depends on the size of the Boots. My local one used to stock the same as a large pharmacy but the one in Lakeside shopping centre sold all the above mentioned stuff.

Boots and WH Smith seem to be chains that survive on nostalgia.

Yes, I had a really large one near me. It was great for buying Xmas stuff - you know the obligatory stuff like gift baskets that you give to your (inlaw) relatives Now I live so far away it cost me a lot more to buy for them - that's why I am doing my shopping there this year. It'll save me a fortune in postage too

For myself, I am happy to go to Priceline, Target and Big W's - can usually get everything I need from those three.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

I used to get in lots of trouble from my wife for doing all my Christmas shopping in boots on Christmas Eve

It is very easy for us blokes to raid the 3 presents for the price of 2 on women's items you see, even better value when you have two sisters and a wife to buy for, jobs a good un, so I used to think

My wife threatened divorce if my only presents were from the Boots 3 for 2 for the 5th year running
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 10:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jon77
I used to get in lots of trouble from my wife for doing all my Christmas shopping in boots on Christmas Eve

It is very easy for us blokes to raid the 3 presents for the price of 2 on women's items you see, even better value when you have two sisters and a wife to buy for, jobs a good un, so I used to think

My wife threatened divorce if my only presents were from the Boots 3 for 2 for the 5th year running

I was happy just to get anything at all from my OH
Old Sep 24th 2010, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Wendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Gert Muller
You could try Twinings English Breakfast Tea. That's the nearest I have found to Yorkshire Tea. Haven't found anywhere like Boots I'm afraid....
Ditto to that
Old Sep 24th 2010, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

Sushimania will become famous soon enoughSushimania will become famous soon enough

What do you think of Tetley All Rounder tea?
Old Sep 24th 2010, 11:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Sushimania
What do you think of Tetley All Rounder tea?
I like it. But then I drank Tetley in the UK anyway, so no difference for me
Old Sep 24th 2010, 1:42 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think Twinnings is anything like YT - you need to pick an extra strong brand to get something approaching the same, something like Dilmah Extra Strong. During pommie food week they sold YT in Aldi...maybe a couple of months ago, think they do it occasionally so stock up. Prices weren't much different to DJ's mind you.
Old Sep 24th 2010, 9:52 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bcworld
I don't think Twinnings is anything like YT - you need to pick an extra strong brand to get something approaching the same, something like Dilmah Extra Strong. During pommie food week they sold YT in Aldi...maybe a couple of months ago, think they do it occasionally so stock up. Prices weren't much different to DJ's mind you.
Dilmah Extra Strong As good as PG
Old Sep 25th 2010, 12:22 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Dilmah Extra Strong As good as PG
Pffft. Is it not! Closest I have found to PG is Twinnings Traditional Afternoon - the one in the purple box. Not always in stock in woolies as I dont think its that popular here - probably too strong for most aussies. But its a half decent brew. I've resorted to buying PG in bulk off t'internet. I can't risk having to wake up to Liptons ever again.
Old Sep 25th 2010, 12:49 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ponyrama
Pffft. Is it not! Closest I have found to PG is Twinnings Traditional Afternoon - the one in the purple box. Not always in stock in woolies as I dont think its that popular here - probably too strong for most aussies. But its a half decent brew. I've resorted to buying PG in bulk off t'internet. I can't risk having to wake up to Liptons ever again.
Oh yes it is!

Twinnings is rubbish

PS: I was actually talking about goodness rather than closeness.

Last edited by MartinLuther; Sep 25th 2010 at 12:52 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.