Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Worst Night Of My Life!

Worst Night Of My Life!

Old Jun 12th 2005, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

swager is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Worst Night Of My Life!

I have tried to put into words how i feel after reading this and i can't. This is now the 3rd try.All i can say is I am really sorry that this has happened to you, when all you should be thinking about is your new life. It makes you wonder what this world is coming too. I hope thing get better soon and wish you and you family the best of luck for the future
Old Jun 12th 2005, 7:35 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

OMG Shazza,
I'm totally horrified by what you and your family have gone through. Not only do I blame the parents but I also blame the school for not doing more. Everyone harps on about how they are stamping out bullying, but its quite apparent to me that the school just hasn't done enough. I'm not doubting what you have said for a second but if all these things are going on in school they would have seen it. You are right to remove your children from school, contact the LEA and explain why you feel that it is necessary to do so and they will start an investigation in school on how the situation got this bad. It won't make your situation any better but it may prevent things from going this far again.
Love and hugs to you and yours. Hope your house sale is finalised soon.
Sarah
Old Jun 12th 2005, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

joanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by teach
OMG Shazza,
I'm totally horrified by what you and your family have gone through. Not only do I blame the parents but I also blame the school for not doing more. Everyone harps on about how they are stamping out bullying, but its quite apparent to me that the school just hasn't done enough. I'm not doubting what you have said for a second but if all these things are going on in school they would have seen it. You are right to remove your children from school, contact the LEA and explain why you feel that it is necessary to do so and they will start an investigation in school on how the situation got this bad. It won't make your situation any better but it may prevent things from going this far again.
Love and hugs to you and yours. Hope your house sale is finalised soon.
Sarah
Shazza, all I can say is I'm sending loads of love to your family right now because you really deserve it. I'm sick to death of hearing stories like this about scum that get away with these things time after time, the police are unable to do anything about it, their hands are tied, the courts will just give them a slap on the wrists and let them out again to do it to some other poor person, all I can say is have a lovely life in Australia and watch your beautiful girl grow into a lovely woman free from fear and danger!!
Joxx
Old Jun 12th 2005, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

Ian_H has a spectacular aura aboutIan_H has a spectacular aura aboutIan_H has a spectacular aura about

Sharon our thoughts are with you and your family, and hope that your family are able to move on through this awful ordeal as no doubt your daughter has suffered greatly. Lets hope you can all find a way of getting past this, and are able to restore faith in people. We hope your husband has a speedy recovery, and your family can look forward to a better life in oz.
Old Jun 12th 2005, 9:15 am
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Sharon,

This is absolutely appauling. I just cannot understand how people can react in this way. What has happened to respect? I am deeply shocked and upset for you all, but your attitude is truly inspiring.

I hope your husband recovers quickly and that justice prevails. Good on your daughter and best wishes to her for tomorrow. I am sure she will be very anxious, but very brave.

Do try to get some sleep tonight. You all need it. Red wine, a sleeping pill perhaps? I'm sure someone will be watching over you.....

Take care of yourselves.
Old Jun 12th 2005, 9:22 am
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice

I just cannot believe what I have just read. My wife has tears in her eyes.
We want to convey our best wishes to all of you and wish your husband a speedy recovery.
For what your husband has done, he should walk tall. A man who stands up for morale decency, against so called human beings that are no more than genetic f**k ups.
If you are struggling for somewhere to stay until your house is sold, our front door is always open.

Best wishes
Neil and Mandy.
Old Jun 12th 2005, 10:02 am
Yorkshire Lass

meljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond repute

Words are inadequet, suffice to say I cannot imagine how you are all coping with this dreadful ordeal. All our thoughts and best wishes are with you and your family. When do you plan to move to Oz, I hope its soon and that you all keep safe in the meantime. It kinda make you feel reassured tho that the Australian Govt have such rigorous checks before they let anyone into their country, all the best Mel
Old Jun 12th 2005, 10:12 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Have only just seen this. Would like to say I can't believe people will behave this way but of course there are sh*t people everywhere. Your husband and daughter (and yourself) are incredibly brave to stand up to these scum. You almost have to feel sorry for the children who have been bullying your daughter. Sadly they have obviously never been shown any love or respect by their parents and think that the only way to get attention is to behave in the same way.

I hope that the CPS push this case through and they are made to pay for what they have done to you and yours and probably many others.

Speedy recovery for your husband and loads of love and hugs to all of you.
Old Jun 12th 2005, 10:30 am
blossom

Shazza, I think your situation is horrendous and puts my little problems into perspective. I feel for you and your family and wish you a speedy departure to a happy new life together in Australia, you all deserve it so much.

You are all so brave, and its good to hear that as a family you are learning to be strong together. I wish you all the best for your future happiness, and a speedy recovery for your husband.

God bless you all

Blossom

Old Jun 12th 2005, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

charlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant future

Dearest Sharon and your family

I have just read through the 6 pages of your terrible past few days. My family and myself would like to say how much we feel for you all. Both my daughters were victims of bullying and i would like to say to your daughter how proud everyone is of her braveness and the depth of her character you are right to be proud of her.

We all hope that your husband recovers quickly and that the house moves on speedily. Keep in touch as we are heading for brisbane hopefully week after next.

Charlie, Michael and girls

Karma sent for you all
Old Jun 12th 2005, 11:47 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Shazza, I think your daughters is incredibly brave for going back to school. Its takes some real guts to show people they cant beat you. Well done to her. You guys must be so proud.

Well done to you and your family for not being scared out of your home.

Best of luck to your daughter for her return to school.

Claire
xx
Old Jun 12th 2005, 4:11 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a horrific incident. I hope your husband recovers quickly and doesn't end up too traumatised, he made a brave stand but wouldn't have stood a chance against those sort of numbers.

I hope they jail the ringleaders and I guess the fact you are moving to Oz means that you won't have to worry about any consequeces if they do send them to jail (further intimidation etc...)

Best wishes to you and your family and hope that everything turns out well in the end.
Old Jun 12th 2005, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

smidgemum2 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sending you my best wishes as well. You are one brave family who should be able to leave the UK when you want and on your terms and with good memories of the place. However, it seems as if a tiny minority have messed this up for you. Hoping that they all get what they deserve and that you can move on...and over here....to start afresh and you can chuck those bad memories in a skip on the way to the airport! Wishing you strength and lots of luck until then.

Angela
Old Jun 12th 2005, 5:15 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
Well, if I had any doubts about leaving England, today has finally laid those doubts to rest.
These are personal reasons so please don't feel the need to tell me that this goes on in Australia too, I know this could happen anywhere but it happened to us in England.
It is now 5am and don't think I will be able to sleep until my body gives up later on today.
My daughter has been bullied relentlessly by a group of 14yr old boys at school for just over a year now, mostly name calling but she has also had stones thrown at her and dirty drain water poured over her head and food rubbed into her eyes. The school have tried to intervene and stop them but seem to have their hands tied.
She ventured to the local village Fete today. She phoned me after one hour crying and asking me to come and pick her up, yep the group were there and were up to their usual nasty tricks, name calling, telling other boys that she doesn't even know to go and hit her, and the ring leader rode his bike into her and kicked her. Sadly but understandably her friends do not intervene, because whilst its her they pick on... you know the rest.
My husband came home from his late shift at 8pm and when he heard what had happened decided enough is enough and drove to the ring leaders house to speak to his father, thinking that they would be like us if our son was bullying a girl (horrified ) WRONG...... They had a house full of rowdy drunk people and rather than discuss it with my husband, the father and around another 10 men + teenage boys jumped on my husband and got him on the ground and proceeded to kick him and kick him and kick him, mostly in the head and whilst they were doing this the teenage boys and other men kicked our car and smashed our car lights.
I have spent 6 hours at the hospital with my husband who is now home and in bed. I cannot look at him without wanting to cry. His face is swollen like a football and black and blue, one eye has completely closed up and he can hardly walk. The doctor could not believe that the xray showed no fractures as he actually has 2 clear stamp marks on his head along with the bruises. I am sure if my husband had been a smaller man I would not have him home with me now and that he would be lying on a slab in a mortuary.
We also came home to messages that they are coming round to finish him off tonight or tomorrow.
Finish him off?? He hasn't even bloody done anything wrong, he just wanted to ask the parents to stop their son bullying our daughter. I just cannot see how total strangers can kick someone that they don't even know in the head repeatedly, how can people feel that hate and aggression for absolutely no reason.
I cannot tell my husband that I don't feel safe going to bed, this would upset him more but these are the kind of people that wont drop it because I called the police. The ring leaders father is now in a police cell charged with G.B.H and C.I.D have said that they will arrest all the others too but I am not so sure as we don't know any of their names or addresses and obviously before the police arrived at the scene they had all disappeared.
I am so sorry to ramble on and hope I haven't bored anyone that reads it but I am just so upset I had to write it all down.
Please Please, let our house sale go through quickly and smoothly!
That is shocking, absolutely shocking. I hope your husband recovers soon. If it were me, and I know its not, but if it was, I would call on a few other like minded dads, and knock seven shades of ***** out of the group of bullies. Yes I know they are 14, but sometimes there are very odd occasions where the law simply wont help you. Rest assured, you hardly see any of this in Aus, or not that I have seen anyway. Good luck to you, look after that daughter of yours.
Old Jun 12th 2005, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

A simialr thing happened to my next door neighbour, he was trying to protect his son from a group of lads and one vicious dog and got himself kicked in the head repeatadly,one man even took a running leap and landed straight on this head. Me and another neighbour ran over to him, he was face down in the grass, and turned him over only to find that if we hadn't he would have drowned in a very large puddle of his blood. He didnt touch the kids and ended up with a broken nose and shattered jaw. Spent 3 months with his jaw wired and only able to drink high energy milkshakes. The only benefit was a good figure at the end. They have just (finally) pleaded guilty to GBH and one to GBH with intent which carries a minimum 5 yrs. Sentancing will happen in the next 2 weeks. So hang in there and dont let them win. To many people are afraid to stand up to these bullies. You hopefully will be out of there soon.

Best wishes to you all.

Love Jo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.