Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Worst Night Of My Life!

Worst Night Of My Life!

Old Jun 12th 2005, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice
Default Re: Worst Night Of My Life!

I can't believe that has happened to you, sounds absolutely awful, some people are born evil. They sound like scum the lot of them. I hope you're your plans to leave go as smoothly and quickly as possible.
Old Jun 12th 2005, 10:04 am
julie

jul44 is a jewel in the roughjul44 is a jewel in the roughjul44 is a jewel in the roughjul44 is a jewel in the rough

I can't imagine what you are going through!
I have got two daughters, 15 and 6 and I have been very lucky that nobody has ever bullied them.
If I were you I would keep my daughter away from that school, there is obviously a terrible problem there if the teachers can't get this under control.
She has been through enough trauma as it is without her having to face any more.
Hope things change for the better soon.
Good luck with selling your house and with your move to Aus!

Julie
Old Jun 12th 2005, 10:07 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely horrified to hear about what has happened to you and your family.
I hope your husband makes a swift recovery.

What are the police doing about it? Have they given you a contact number for if anything happens? Keep a diary of EVERYTHING that happens in the mean time....from threatening comments to any actual physical attempts aimed at your family or property - and inform the police of EVERY event.

I do hope there is no more threats/contact, and that you are able to move out quickly - just make sure your buyers are not aware of what happened though or they may pull out of the sale :scared:

sending you lots of love and best wishes from sheffield......

sue x
Old Jun 12th 2005, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

Sharon
Horrified to read your post. I feel so sorry for you all and can only echo what others have said on here. Definitely keep your daughter out of the school and staying with rellies would be good. It makes my blood boil though. Why should we, the innocent victims, have to be the ones to leave? There's no reasoning with these people though. I'm just so worried about the descent of some portions of society into this soup of violence and thuggery. They have no morals or empathy. True psychotics.
Old Jun 12th 2005, 10:32 am

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
Well, if I had any doubts about leaving England, today has finally laid those doubts to rest.
These are personal reasons so please don't feel the need to tell me that this goes on in Australia too, I know this could happen anywhere but it happened to us in England.
It is now 5am and don't think I will be able to sleep until my body gives up later on today.
My daughter has been bullied relentlessly by a group of 14yr old boys at school for just over a year now, mostly name calling but she has also had stones thrown at her and dirty drain water poured over her head and food rubbed into her eyes. The school have tried to intervene and stop them but seem to have their hands tied.
She ventured to the local village Fete today. She phoned me after one hour crying and asking me to come and pick her up, yep the group were there and were up to their usual nasty tricks, name calling, telling other boys that she doesn't even know to go and hit her, and the ring leader rode his bike into her and kicked her. Sadly but understandably her friends do not intervene, because whilst its her they pick on... you know the rest.
My husband came home from his late shift at 8pm and when he heard what had happened decided enough is enough and drove to the ring leaders house to speak to his father, thinking that they would be like us if our son was bullying a girl (horrified ) WRONG...... They had a house full of rowdy drunk people and rather than discuss it with my husband, the father and around another 10 men + teenage boys jumped on my husband and got him on the ground and proceeded to kick him and kick him and kick him, mostly in the head and whilst they were doing this the teenage boys and other men kicked our car and smashed our car lights.
I have spent 6 hours at the hospital with my husband who is now home and in bed. I cannot look at him without wanting to cry. His face is swollen like a football and black and blue, one eye has completely closed up and he can hardly walk. The doctor could not believe that the xray showed no fractures as he actually has 2 clear stamp marks on his head along with the bruises. I am sure if my husband had been a smaller man I would not have him home with me now and that he would be lying on a slab in a mortuary.
We also came home to messages that they are coming round to finish him off tonight or tomorrow.
Finish him off?? He hasn't even bloody done anything wrong, he just wanted to ask the parents to stop their son bullying our daughter. I just cannot see how total strangers can kick someone that they don't even know in the head repeatedly, how can people feel that hate and aggression for absolutely no reason.
I cannot tell my husband that I don't feel safe going to bed, this would upset him more but these are the kind of people that wont drop it because I called the police. The ring leaders father is now in a police cell charged with G.B.H and C.I.D have said that they will arrest all the others too but I am not so sure as we don't know any of their names or addresses and obviously before the police arrived at the scene they had all disappeared.
I am so sorry to ramble on and hope I haven't bored anyone that reads it but I am just so upset I had to write it all down.
Please Please, let our house sale go through quickly and smoothly!

Oh you poor poor thing!

really dont know what to say but my thoughts are with you and your family, unfortunatly this society has a minority of pure arseholes who seem to get away with this behaviour.....i always believe what comes around goes around, they will get thier punishment one day.

Karma sent...for what its worth!!
D8 X
Old Jun 12th 2005, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Aus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really nice

Hi there.
We are shocked and disgusted that there is people out there who would do this to others.

Hope your husband makes a speedy recovery and the rest of you can overcome this.

It makes our problems small by comparison.

Once again I hope things work out for the better.
Old Jun 12th 2005, 11:08 am
playing the angel

tinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond repute

Is this why Britain is so Great?

My best wishes go to you and your family,

Good luck for a speedy arrival in Oz.

Tinkaxx
Old Jun 12th 2005, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

MrsMangle will become famous soon enough

Just wanted to add best wishes i am so sorry that you and your family are having to go through this , hopefully the replies here will restore some of your faith in other people!!! Hope these positive vibes from strangers help a little bit right now!!
Old Jun 12th 2005, 11:38 am
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
Well, if I had any doubts about leaving England, today has finally laid those doubts to rest.
These are personal reasons so please don't feel the need to tell me that this goes on in Australia too, I know this could happen anywhere but it happened to us in England.
It is now 5am and don't think I will be able to sleep until my body gives up later on today.
My daughter has been bullied relentlessly by a group of 14yr old boys at school for just over a year now, mostly name calling but she has also had stones thrown at her and dirty drain water poured over her head and food rubbed into her eyes. The school have tried to intervene and stop them but seem to have their hands tied.
She ventured to the local village Fete today. She phoned me after one hour crying and asking me to come and pick her up, yep the group were there and were up to their usual nasty tricks, name calling, telling other boys that she doesn't even know to go and hit her, and the ring leader rode his bike into her and kicked her. Sadly but understandably her friends do not intervene, because whilst its her they pick on... you know the rest.
My husband came home from his late shift at 8pm and when he heard what had happened decided enough is enough and drove to the ring leaders house to speak to his father, thinking that they would be like us if our son was bullying a girl (horrified ) WRONG...... They had a house full of rowdy drunk people and rather than discuss it with my husband, the father and around another 10 men + teenage boys jumped on my husband and got him on the ground and proceeded to kick him and kick him and kick him, mostly in the head and whilst they were doing this the teenage boys and other men kicked our car and smashed our car lights.
I have spent 6 hours at the hospital with my husband who is now home and in bed. I cannot look at him without wanting to cry. His face is swollen like a football and black and blue, one eye has completely closed up and he can hardly walk. The doctor could not believe that the xray showed no fractures as he actually has 2 clear stamp marks on his head along with the bruises. I am sure if my husband had been a smaller man I would not have him home with me now and that he would be lying on a slab in a mortuary.
We also came home to messages that they are coming round to finish him off tonight or tomorrow.
Finish him off?? He hasn't even bloody done anything wrong, he just wanted to ask the parents to stop their son bullying our daughter. I just cannot see how total strangers can kick someone that they don't even know in the head repeatedly, how can people feel that hate and aggression for absolutely no reason.
I cannot tell my husband that I don't feel safe going to bed, this would upset him more but these are the kind of people that wont drop it because I called the police. The ring leaders father is now in a police cell charged with G.B.H and C.I.D have said that they will arrest all the others too but I am not so sure as we don't know any of their names or addresses and obviously before the police arrived at the scene they had all disappeared.
I am so sorry to ramble on and hope I haven't bored anyone that reads it but I am just so upset I had to write it all down.
Please Please, let our house sale go through quickly and smoothly!

Oh Chattyshazza, what a horrible horrible experience for your daughter and your poor hubby!!! This sort of thing makes me sooooo angry

I feel sooo sorry for you and really really hope your house sale goes through really quickly and I'm sending you some karma to help speed it along!!!

Wishing your hubby a speedy recovery!!

Shell
Old Jun 12th 2005, 11:53 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Shazza I am just astonished that people are capable of doing that. What happened to teaching kids good values, and tearing strips off them if they misbehave in such a way. Sadly so many parents dont take any responsibility for their kids behaviour, and even worse, condone it. Disgusting.

I hope they throw the book at this guy. Lets hope its more than a crappy ASBO. Someone else said about tattooing "trouble" on their forhead. Great idea, some doo gooder will complain that its against their human rights though. No right to human rights if you disregard others rights.

Hope your hubby gets better soon, cant blame him for going round there. My folks did the same when I was bullied, and I would do the same if my lad was bullied.

Best of luck to all your family, hope the house goes through quickly.

Claire
xx
Old Jun 12th 2005, 12:25 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

You should show this thread to your hubby - he'll be feeling like shit right now , there are 55 (or so - I didnt count ) reasonable people here supporting you who agree with what he did to support his kids.
Old Jun 12th 2005, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

Ruthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of light

really awful to hear this happened. I think your hubby did the right thing. Good luck and dont let it get you down.
Old Jun 12th 2005, 12:38 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

There truly are some scummy people about. I too think your husband did the right thing - that it turned out the way it did is appalling. Keep strong and make like the shepherds - 'get the flock out of there'.
Old Jun 12th 2005, 12:47 pm
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

philian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the rough

Really feel for you all-just keep strong and look forward to the 12,000 miles that will soon separate you from those scumbags.

In our thoughts and prayers,

Phil x
Old Jun 12th 2005, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

elfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to all

Originally Posted by philian4
Really feel for you all-just keep strong and look forward to the 12,000 miles that will soon separate you from those scumbags.

In our thoughts and prayers,

Phil x
Love and light sent to you and yours,
Remember we are the lucky ones, some people will never have the chance to leave this god awful place.
Hope the sale goes through very soon
Love Elfin x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.