Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Will I survive in Australia?

Will I survive in Australia?

Old Oct 21st 2008, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

talbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Will I survive in Australia?

Originally Posted by sr71
I thought I was alone on that one, cannot stand Rove one bit and I do not understand for one minute why he is popular - just to look at him irritates me, he just isn't funny either.

Molly Meldrum is another one, but I'm not sure he's on that much now.
A few other irritants - Hughesy and Kate, yes Molly Meldrum, Kerri, Hamish and Andy are so - so, The F......Wiggles and I'm sure there are a whole lot more but I don't want to spoil my evening thinking of them.
Come to think of it, I can't think of any Australian presenters I really like actually!
I miss the British wit and intelliegnce. Maybe I should get Foxtel!
Old Oct 21st 2008, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

CaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud of

Australian tv is like what Scottish or welsh tv would be like if you cut them off, marooned them in the middle of the Atlantic and banned all programming from London. Anyone who lives in Scotland will understand the full horror of that prospect.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

mydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nice

What a strange post....especially due to the recent news of most of the great bbc programmes being switched to Glasgow (factual) and Cardiff (Drama)!!!
Old Oct 21st 2008, 10:42 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CaptainMerton
Australian tv is like what Scottish or welsh tv would be like if you cut them off, marooned them in the middle of the Atlantic and banned all programming from London. Anyone who lives in Scotland will understand the full horror of that prospect.
wouldn't have telly if a scot hadn't invented it. same can be said of most stuff though
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 12:24 am
Forum Regular

CaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud of

I guess my point was that Australian tv is pretty poor and very parochial. But i guess when the sun is shining you don't watch so much tv nor make much affort to produce it.