Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Why is everyone getting so excited about Oprah visit?

Why is everyone getting so excited about Oprah visit?

Old Sep 16th 2010, 2:49 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why is everyone getting so excited about Oprah visit?

Originally Posted by spartacus
I can picture it now . . . the whole of the Bruce Highway blocked with burger vans heading for Cairns . . . just like cholesterol blocking an artery . . .
They'll make the indigenous alkies look like the marketable face of "coloured" Australia.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 2:51 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

What is miserable about despising a tedious media tart and the trailer trash masses that watch the drivel she produces? And getting the Australian public to foot the bill for their holiday ... most of which, I imagine, will be spent of food.
K.....
Old Sep 16th 2010, 2:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
K.....
Don't you tell 'im to K . K . . K . . .K . Kalm down . . . !
Old Sep 16th 2010, 3:07 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
K.....
I guess the non-"miserable" mood is to welcome her and her devotees into the country and hope that the revenue from tourism will far exceed the millions spent on housing and feeding the ****s.

Nah, I'll stick with my original thoughts ...
Old Sep 16th 2010, 3:25 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Well atleast you're open to possibilities! And she may by us all a new car!
Old Sep 16th 2010, 3:27 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Especially here in WA, the powers that be are apoplectic with rage that she's not coming here.

I mean, who gives a f**k? Even from a tourism perspective, how many of her core audience - fat, unemployed trailer trash would come to Australia on holiday anyway.

They probably think she's going to Austria.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-...al-with-oprah/

Comment on the web site:

"Heard on the radio earlier this morning that they were trying to get Oprah supporters to gather on the South Perth Foreshore to entice her to WA. They must've changed the location as i just drove past Mirrabooka Maccas and it looks like they're already gathering there instead!"
I like Oprah but I don't understand either why some people in the media are getting so excited.There was someone on the radio yesterday I think from WA tourism offering to put them all up for free if they come to WA!

Oh and the Ellen dance and the audience that are so desperate for her to dance with them,someone tell her it is not a good look!Sue.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 3:59 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Especially here in WA, the powers that be are apoplectic with rage that she's not coming here.

I mean, who gives a f**k? Even from a tourism perspective, how many of her core audience - fat, unemployed trailer trash would come to Australia on holiday anyway.

They probably think she's going to Austria.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-...al-with-oprah/

Comment on the web site:

"Heard on the radio earlier this morning that they were trying to get Oprah supporters to gather on the South Perth Foreshore to entice her to WA. They must've changed the location as i just drove past Mirrabooka Maccas and it looks like they're already gathering there instead!"
I'm not. Didn't know she was coming.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 4:06 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Must be just here in WA - because she's NOT coming.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 4:49 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Must be just here in WA - because she's NOT coming.
It's probably just me not paying attention.

I'm off to the dentist on Tuesday maybe I'll be more informed after that
Old Sep 16th 2010, 5:13 am
Harrip

harrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to behold

By the amount of PR it is generating, its probably the best $2.8m Tourism Australia have ever spent.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 5:58 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I am so pissed off with the whole nonsense it's untrue. This woman is obscenely wealthy, why are the Australian taxpayers paying for this trip? The clip I saw on the news led me to believe it was one of her end of show gifts, then I find out my taxes are paying for these worthless screaming morons to come over? WTF is it all about?

Up here we have the radio morning show people campaigning for Ellen de whatsit to come to the Gold Coast and they're flying to 'Hollywood' to ask her. WHY WHY WHY? Her wife/girfriend/life partner is Aussie, they're worth a staggering amount of money, surely if she wanted to come to Australia, they could do it.

It's seriously unimportant crap but it makes me seriously bloody angry.:curse:

I need a holiday. Who's paying?
Old Sep 16th 2010, 6:00 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
I can picture it now . . . the whole of the Bruce Highway blocked with burger vans heading for Cairns . . . just like cholesterol blocking an artery . . .
I'm envisioning crimplene encased, generous thighs chafing beneath the FNQ heat and humidity.

I'm kind of glad I moved now.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 7:16 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

I am suprised the OP has not done a "would you" thread on her.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 7:32 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Likewise! If it hadn't have been for this thread I wouldn't have known.....or cared
Old Sep 16th 2010, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

BenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond repute

People were up in arms when they heard that Tiger Woods was going to be paid a couple of million to play by the Victorian Government, yet it was clear that his being in Melbourne had a huge impact on the tournament in question, with people buying tickets for every day of the competition and standing in line just to see him practice on the course. Thousands of visitors came not just from interstate but from overseas, so it was money well spent.

Oprah is being paid about the same amount as Tiger, and yet Tourism Australia who are paying the money seem to have no way of measuring the benefits. I suppose they are hoping that if Oprah is bringing 300 people from America that they will consume $3.5 million worth of food?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.