British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Why is everyone getting so excited about Oprah visit? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/why-everyone-getting-so-excited-about-oprah-visit-685594/)

renth Sep 16th 2010 1:42 am

Why is everyone getting so excited about Oprah visit?

Especially here in WA, the powers that be are apoplectic with rage that she's not coming here.

I mean, who gives a f**k? Even from a tourism perspective, how many of her core audience - fat, unemployed trailer trash would come to Australia on holiday anyway.

They probably think she's going to Austria.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-...al-with-oprah/

Comment on the web site:

"Heard on the radio earlier this morning that they were trying to get Oprah supporters to gather on the South Perth Foreshore to entice her to WA. They must've changed the location as i just drove past Mirrabooka Maccas and it looks like they're already gathering there instead!"

JoeBloggs80 Sep 16th 2010 1:43 am

Re: Why is everyone getting so excited about Oprah visit?

I'm certainly not. Bloody stupid woman.

Now if it was Jerry Springer that would be different.

DeadVim Sep 16th 2010 1:44 am

Originally Posted by renth (Post 8851698)
Especially here in WA, the powers that be are apoplectic with rage that she's not coming here.

I mean, who gives a f**k? Even from a tourism perspective, how many of her core audience - fat, unemployed trailer trash would come to Australia on holiday anyway.

They probable think she's going to Austria.

And being fully paid for by the poor feckers that are hosting her and fetid borish septic masses that she is dragging over.

According to reports over 2 million bucks ... better spent on ... well, anything ...

spartacus Sep 16th 2010 1:49 am

Hosts of 'daytime TV' shows deserve to be fed through a tree mulching machine (ala 'Fargo') whilst still conscious . . . I'd love to see 'Ellen' try to do that stupid dance of hers with no legs . . .

renth Sep 16th 2010 1:51 am

Originally Posted by spartacus (Post 8851707)
I'd love to see 'Ellen' try to dance with no legs . . .

They play that show on the tellys in the gym every day. Even with the sound down that dancing thing makes me want to vomit.

Amazulu Sep 16th 2010 1:52 am

Originally Posted by renth (Post 8851698)

They probably think she's going to Austria.

Comment on the web site:

"Heard on the radio earlier this morning that they were trying to get Oprah supporters to gather on the South Perth Foreshore to entice her to WA. They must've changed the location as i just drove past Mirrabooka Maccas and it looks like they're already gathering there instead!"

Totally agree. All the fury and 'blame' about her not coming to WA - I reckon we dodged a bullet.

spartacus Sep 16th 2010 1:53 am

Originally Posted by renth (Post 8851710)
They play that show on the tellys in the gym every day. Even with the sound down that dancing thing makes me want to vomit.

I can feel the bile rising as I type . . .

Deancm_MKII Sep 16th 2010 2:08 am

They are?

SillyOldBag Sep 16th 2010 2:32 am

They're coming to Cairns, perhaps I should do a protest Father Ted stylee - "Down with This Sort of Thing" "Careful Now" :D

renth Sep 16th 2010 2:34 am

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag (Post 8851759)
They're coming to Cairns, perhaps I should do a protest Father Ted stylee - "Down with This Sort of Thing" "Careful Now" :D

Cool, is it stinger season yet? Maybe they could all go for a swim.

DeadVim Sep 16th 2010 2:35 am

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 8851712)
Totally agree. All the fury and 'blame' about her not coming to WA - I reckon we dodged a bullet.

They are renaming the Sydney Opera House the Sydney Oprah House for her visit ... can it get any more sycophantic?

I hope she's really fat, sweats buckets and there is an embaressing camel toe incident that is shown worldwide.

lancastrian48 Sep 16th 2010 2:36 am

.[/QUOTE]

Cmon ,it is Dullsville, gotta be exciting?

pompeyblonde Sep 16th 2010 2:40 am

God! you're a miserable bunch of poms!

DeadVim Sep 16th 2010 2:42 am

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde (Post 8851779)
God! you're a miserable bunch of poms!

What is miserable about despising a tedious media tart and the trailer trash masses that watch the drivel she produces? And getting the Australian public to foot the bill for their holiday ... most of which, I imagine, will be spent of food.

spartacus Sep 16th 2010 2:47 am

Originally Posted by DeadVim (Post 8851787)
What is miserable about despising a tedious media tart and the trailer trash masses that watch the drivel she produces? And getting the Australian public to foot the bill for their holiday ... most of which, I imagine, will be spent of food.

I can picture it now . . . the whole of the Bruce Highway blocked with burger vans heading for Cairns . . . just like cholesterol blocking an artery . . .