Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Why is everyone getting so excited about Oprah visit?

Why is everyone getting so excited about Oprah visit?

Old Sep 16th 2010, 1:42 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Why is everyone getting so excited about Oprah visit?

Especially here in WA, the powers that be are apoplectic with rage that she's not coming here.

I mean, who gives a f**k? Even from a tourism perspective, how many of her core audience - fat, unemployed trailer trash would come to Australia on holiday anyway.

They probably think she's going to Austria.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-...al-with-oprah/

Comment on the web site:

"Heard on the radio earlier this morning that they were trying to get Oprah supporters to gather on the South Perth Foreshore to entice her to WA. They must've changed the location as i just drove past Mirrabooka Maccas and it looks like they're already gathering there instead!"
Old Sep 16th 2010, 1:43 am
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why is everyone getting so excited about Oprah visit?

I'm certainly not. Bloody stupid woman.

Now if it was Jerry Springer that would be different.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 1:44 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Especially here in WA, the powers that be are apoplectic with rage that she's not coming here.

I mean, who gives a f**k? Even from a tourism perspective, how many of her core audience - fat, unemployed trailer trash would come to Australia on holiday anyway.

They probable think she's going to Austria.

And being fully paid for by the poor feckers that are hosting her and fetid borish septic masses that she is dragging over.

According to reports over 2 million bucks ... better spent on ... well, anything ...
Old Sep 16th 2010, 1:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Hosts of 'daytime TV' shows deserve to be fed through a tree mulching machine (ala 'Fargo') whilst still conscious . . . I'd love to see 'Ellen' try to do that stupid dance of hers with no legs . . .
Old Sep 16th 2010, 1:51 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
I'd love to see 'Ellen' try to dance with no legs . . .
They play that show on the tellys in the gym every day. Even with the sound down that dancing thing makes me want to vomit.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 1:52 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

They probably think she's going to Austria.

Comment on the web site:

"Heard on the radio earlier this morning that they were trying to get Oprah supporters to gather on the South Perth Foreshore to entice her to WA. They must've changed the location as i just drove past Mirrabooka Maccas and it looks like they're already gathering there instead!"
Totally agree. All the fury and 'blame' about her not coming to WA - I reckon we dodged a bullet.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 1:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

They play that show on the tellys in the gym every day. Even with the sound down that dancing thing makes me want to vomit.
I can feel the bile rising as I type . . .
Old Sep 16th 2010, 2:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

They are?
Old Sep 16th 2010, 2:32 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

They're coming to Cairns, perhaps I should do a protest Father Ted stylee - "Down with This Sort of Thing" "Careful Now"
Old Sep 16th 2010, 2:34 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
They're coming to Cairns, perhaps I should do a protest Father Ted stylee - "Down with This Sort of Thing" "Careful Now"
Cool, is it stinger season yet? Maybe they could all go for a swim.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 2:35 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Totally agree. All the fury and 'blame' about her not coming to WA - I reckon we dodged a bullet.
They are renaming the Sydney Opera House the Sydney Oprah House for her visit ... can it get any more sycophantic?

I hope she's really fat, sweats buckets and there is an embaressing camel toe incident that is shown worldwide.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 2:36 am

lancastrian48 is an unknown quantity at this point

.[/QUOTE]

Cmon ,it is Dullsville, gotta be exciting?
Old Sep 16th 2010, 2:40 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

God! you're a miserable bunch of poms!
Old Sep 16th 2010, 2:42 am
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
God! you're a miserable bunch of poms!
What is miserable about despising a tedious media tart and the trailer trash masses that watch the drivel she produces? And getting the Australian public to foot the bill for their holiday ... most of which, I imagine, will be spent of food.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 2:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by DeadVim
What is miserable about despising a tedious media tart and the trailer trash masses that watch the drivel she produces? And getting the Australian public to foot the bill for their holiday ... most of which, I imagine, will be spent of food.
I can picture it now . . . the whole of the Bruce Highway blocked with burger vans heading for Cairns . . . just like cholesterol blocking an artery . . .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.