Reload this Page >

why did you emigrate?

why did you emigrate?

Old May 6th 2004, 11:52 am
99.99999% there !

EssexNobby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: why did you emigrate?

Originally posted by renth
I emigrated because I was fed up with the crap weather, miserable, aggressive people, lack of work opportunities that didn't involve either driving around the M25 or taking the train to London, regionalism, "geezer" culture, assylum seekers (a.k.a. illegal immigrants), being ruled from Brussels by people we didn't elect, class system, keeping up with the Joenses mentality.

And because Australia is just a better place to live, particularly WA if you have a young family - nowhere beats it.
Well said Renth - you took the words right out of my mouth !
Old May 6th 2004, 12:03 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

We came because we could......no real reason, we were happy in the uk and are happy here

I've been asked the question a thousand times since we arrived and really dont have a better answer than that!
Old May 6th 2004, 12:04 pm
jib
BE Enthusiast

jib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nice
Default Re: why did you emigrate?

Originally posted by EssexNobby
Well said Renth - you took the words right out of my mouth !

It must have been while he was kissing you

jib
Old May 6th 2004, 12:11 pm
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

I'm going cos my girlfriend lives there and though she's offered to move here she'd be miserable as sin!

For my part, it makes laugh and sometimes get angry at the constant comparisons between the UK and OZ. I love them both. Sure there's sh*t in both, but there's also so much good. A positive attitude will help you and know your own mind. You can see on this thread what varied opinions you'll get from different people about the same place.

I'm gonna miss family and friends massively, but I'm giving it a go. Its getting easier and cheaper to make trips back, and I'll be doing that regularly.

Good luck with whatever you decide!
Old May 6th 2004, 1:14 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by mcmercer
We came because we could......no real reason, we were happy in the uk and are happy here

I've been asked the question a thousand times since we arrived and really dont have a better answer than that!
phew! and i thought it was just me that didn't have much more of a reason for going!

I'm going because i can, while i can and because there's nothing stopping me! As long as i can replace my bike when i get there i will be happy..... sometimes i think people take this round the world migration lark way too seriously.....