Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who's rooting for who ?

Who's rooting for who ?

Old May 15th 2003, 7:01 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by BritboyNZ
Just thought I'd tack my own colours to the mast:

I support 2 teams - NZ, and anyone playing Australia

Nice one England and same again any team playing the Aussies.

Old May 15th 2003, 8:11 am
Badge

Default Re: Who's rooting for who ?

Originally posted by Ceri
Obviously he/she is not a motor sport fan either - or they would be supporting England and not Australia , with Hodgson kicking butt in the superbikes won every race so far (where's you Aussies now?) Or how about the world indoor athletics? lol

I hate this when people only support the winning team - chop and change, I know a few people like this - only support someone when they win. There's a bloke in work , he''s been here for years - aussie citizen, he's a pom from London born and bred, with Irish parents - He supports the Aussies if they win, England if they win, if they all lose - he says "I'm Irish anyway, I was supporting them" - this is not sport, I could do the same if needed, but I don't _ I support only Wales and boy are we cr*p at the moment! - but I will still be there waving my flag and singing at the world cup - win or lose - it's in the heart - this is real sport!

cheers
theres an Aussie who won a bike championship in 2001/2???!!

a friend of some friends of ours Richard? Petty...

Old May 15th 2003, 8:11 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

How does everyone else feel and who will they be rooting for ?Not forgeting that Australia will now be your adopted country and how we felt when all those second generation Asians are supporting India and Pakistan at Lords !
The Asians are right to support their own countries, it's seems you have got this whole National identity thing back to front somehow.
Old May 15th 2003, 10:45 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by paulf
The Asians are right to support their own countries, it's seems you have got this whole National identity thing back to front somehow.
I came here, not like most, for a bigger house or because the education or health systems are better (they're not).

I came because I don't like England, or rather what it has become. I also came here because I love Australia.

I hate the class system and the yob culture and as such am no longer able to support England's sports teams.

So from this "traitor" - "Come on the Aussies!"

Dan
Old May 15th 2003, 11:52 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

I came here, not like most, for a bigger house or because the education or health systems are better (they're not).
Come on be fair! you,re not just a Traitor You,re a Racist Too
Old May 15th 2003, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

Gareth W is on a distinguished road

Badgersmount :-

"was in the 'walkabout' bar in Islington a month ago and NRL came on - Newcastle were playing Cronulla ..I was seriously homesick and went in to a kind of stupor watching it..great seeing the sun shine on a winter sport, eh!.."

In Britain , the premier Rugby League competition (Super League) has been played in summer since the mid 90's. And, yes, I have watched it in the sunshine !

GW

"Wakefield Trinity Wildcats til I Die"
Old May 15th 2003, 1:55 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Support the Aussies........Never.

My Dad would kill me!!!!!!!

Will be to busy trying to find somewhere to watch Forest in Brisbane.
Old May 15th 2003, 2:58 pm
?????????

I used to deliver the Tapes to the walkabout about 8 years ago,
had to take them from the Covent garden Walkabout down to Islington, Been racking my brain to remember it's English name, before it went aussi The crown I think it used to be.
Old May 15th 2003, 3:28 pm
Beyond Redemption

Snitzy is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pommie bastard
So would an Aussie , Rugby or Cricket are hardly world sports compared to the World game of Football, bollock brain.

Dear PB
I've always read your posts with interest and respected the fact you had strong views and stood by them even if they were in the minority.
Me...I'm a fence sitting, devil's advocate kind if guy. My original post was just to get a feel for peoples opinion not to be personally abused by you. Debating is one thing personal attacks are another. Therefore I would appreciate an apology on this forum.
So the consenus seems to be support your motherland but where do you draw the line with children who are born there? Some people and I think you are one of them thinks they are also British. If so how far back do you have to go to be an Australian ? Or is that only open to indigenus people?
Looking forward to your reply
Simon
Old May 15th 2003, 3:33 pm
Beyond Redemption

Snitzy is an unknown quantity at this point

PB
Same reply as last message.

Ps I wasn't just talking about Rugby and cricket besides even if I was they are major sports in my world and thats all that matters !
Regards
Simon
Old May 15th 2003, 7:41 pm
?????????

So if not Rugby and Cricket, What Sports do you intend finding out what it's like to win a World Championship? Surely you don't think the Socceroos Will win the World Cup do you?.
If you do believe that well fair play to you even the most loyal homebred Aussi can't beat that sort of dedication.
Do you actually intend on going to any Games? or are you an armchair supporter, I,m just curious as to what extent the Australian's can count on your support.
And as a footnote I would love to see the aussies qualify for the Finals of the world cup, I do think they would make it more fun, like the Reggae boys did. Great partying supporters.
Old May 15th 2003, 7:50 pm
?????????

So would an Aussie , Rugby or Cricket are hardly world sports compared to the World game of Football, bollock brain.
ROFLMAO, "bollock brain"! sorry I only just noticed that bit,
That is ******g funny, don't care what you think of him HE is FUNNY.
Old May 15th 2003, 9:41 pm
Badge

Originally posted by renth

I came because I don't like England, or rather what it has become. I also came here because I love Australia.

I hate the class system and the yob culture and as such am no longer able to support England's sports teams.

Dan
good on ya. Couldn't agree more!! (about the class system and yob culture!!)

badgers

Old May 16th 2003, 12:52 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by renth

Dan
You should voice your views down the OB , I will carry you home if an over night stay in hospital is not required.

Old May 16th 2003, 12:54 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pommie bastard
You should voice your views down the OB , I will carry you home if an over night stay in hospital is not required.

English yob culture, I bet the people doing the beating up will be wearing football shirts and pissed on pints of lager.

I rest my case.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.