booboo
janeyray
emmahafryn
abergas
pookin
cresta57
grubelice
ellen1.

Are they all safely over the other side or still here? These are the members I remember when I first found the forum.

Don, I'm guessing you may know.
I logged on this morning for the first time in a year and didn't see any familiar names. I used to look in every day, but you know how it goes.

We've been here for 18 months now and finally feel settled - both got good jobs in our chosen industries and just bought a gorgeous house near the lake in Wanneroo - we move in 3 weeks.

Never had any regrets in making the move, nor do we miss anything about the UK except family, friends and gravy granules.

I do still find some things strange such as people asking what my boyfriend does for a living and not bothering asking me, I still open my mouth expectantly, although I am never short of a stool in the pub if a guy is sitting down!

I do find the drivers here a bit scary especially on roundabouts which seem to involve some sort of stand-off that is totally unrelated to who actually has right of way. :scared:

When we first arrived we were so excited as we had lived in Perth before and knew that this is where we wanted to settle. Gradually we got a bit morose and down and lost our enthusiasm - boyfriend's job was an 'adjustment' and I've only just found a job that I'm happy in. That seems to happen to a lot of people. Our mates who did it 3 years ahead of us said the same. It has picked up again. I think that it starts off with aaaah paradise......maybe not...and then settles into middle ground where you can see the good and bad and accept it.

It's basically what you make it. We arrived in a rush (as our police clearances were about to run out and we got through in 6 weeks) with $15,000 and some clothes. It took 3 months to get jobs and things were a bit precarious for a while but now things are good.
Old Mar 7th 2005, 3:08 am
aussie73

Default Re: Where are they now?

Mike Stanton seems to have left the forum also.

Old Mar 7th 2005, 5:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Wonder what happened to she'llberight too, haven't seen that name around for a while now either!
Old Mar 7th 2005, 6:12 am
Reticent Member

she'llberight is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Loopy
Wonder what happened to she'llberight too, haven't seen that name around for a while now either!
Hi there Loopy,

I'm alive and well and still plodding along, getting a little closer to getting our visas .......
Old Mar 7th 2005, 6:17 am
Reticent Member

she'llberight is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pookin
I logged on this morning for the first time in a year and didn't see any familiar names. I used to look in every day, but you know how it goes.

We've been here for 18 months now and finally feel settled - both got good jobs in our chosen industries and just bought a gorgeous house near the lake in Wanneroo - we move in 3 weeks.

Never had any regrets in making the move, nor do we miss anything about the UK except family, friends and gravy granules.

I do still find some things strange such as people asking what my boyfriend does for a living and not bothering asking me, I still open my mouth expectantly, although I am never short of a stool in the pub if a guy is sitting down!

I do find the drivers here a bit scary especially on roundabouts which seem to involve some sort of stand-off that is totally unrelated to who actually has right of way. :scared:

When we first arrived we were so excited as we had lived in Perth before and knew that this is where we wanted to settle. Gradually we got a bit morose and down and lost our enthusiasm - boyfriend's job was an 'adjustment' and I've only just found a job that I'm happy in. That seems to happen to a lot of people. Our mates who did it 3 years ahead of us said the same. It has picked up again. I think that it starts off with aaaah paradise......maybe not...and then settles into middle ground where you can see the good and bad and accept it.

It's basically what you make it. We arrived in a rush (as our police clearances were about to run out and we got through in 6 weeks) with $15,000 and some clothes. It took 3 months to get jobs and things were a bit precarious for a while but now things are good.

Hi pookin,

Nice to hear things are going well for you. Know what you mean about familiar names!!

If you can, keep us posted every once in a while - it give us who are still in Old Blighty faith that it will be us one day (hopefully!!).

Take care
Old Mar 7th 2005, 6:23 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Where's PB?
Old Mar 21st 2005, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Been looking over some old threads, couldn't believe theres one from us saying we are still in Perth, almost a year, well now it's almost 2 years, we are still here!!!
Old Mar 21st 2005, 1:11 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jayr
Where's PB?
Last heard of posting on another forum - which refers to this one as the Dark Side. I posted the link once before, but it seems to have been "altered" by someone.

So I will just post a link to the thread on BE, and let people work it out from there......
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165766

Why did the link get altered???? I'm just curious? Are we not allowed to post links to that particular forum anymore? Not trying to be troublesome, just genuinely curious!