Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where to find updates on Flight Caps

Where to find updates on Flight Caps

Old Nov 7th 2021, 9:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to find updates on Flight Caps

Originally Posted by astera
Has travel returned to normal for citizens/residents or is it still quite a feat to get back to Oz?

Ideally I'd like to fly back via Singapore but unfortunately they only accept vaccination certificates from countries with whom they have opened up safe travel lanes. To top it off I got both Pfizer jabs in Poland, but because I don't have a national ID number there I only got a paper certificate (and QR code) which doesn't include vaccine batch numbers. So I can't even "migrate" those jabs to another country's system (everyone requires the batch numbers to complete the process).

Anyone know what the best option is to fly to Australia from Europe without having to change planes in the Middle East?
Could you get some more jabs in a country that can give you recognition? All it's doing is teaching your body to fight the virus so as long as you give a few months between your last and your new what could go wrong? (Obviously I am not a doctor).

A mate of mine had one jab and got Covid here in Sydney and came out of the 2 weeks lock in just before we opened up. He had a letter from NSW Health saying he was deemed vaccinated for 6 months and there was no need for a second jab after recoving from Covid, but the automated check ins at pubs and restaurants weren't accepting a letter as a vaccination status. So he went and saw a doctor, who jabbed him up with Pfizer just so it hit the system and the check in facilities would honour his vaccination status. So in the space of 2 months, he had a first jab, got Covid, and had a second jab, he is so protected now he could eat a birthday cake of Covid and has had no adverse reactions from being over protected.
Old Nov 12th 2021, 12:36 am
Last resort... format c:/

Location: Singapore to Surfers Paradise to... Tenerife... to Gran Canaria!
astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to find updates on Flight Caps

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The non-stop Qantas flight from Heathrow would be your best bet. QF2, used to go in to Perth but due to the fact that WA (like Qld) is refusing to join the international travel game, its now flying into Darwin.
Interesting find. This would be the longest flight I have ever taken but at least I would bypass the Middle East entirely. That's a lot of hours in coach but hey, you gotta do what it takes to get there.

Of course if I could get my jabs somehow entered into the UK system I could just fly to Singapore (after spending 14 days in the UK first) and do a stop-over. Apparently they're looking into it as a lot of people are in a similar position (got their jabs elsewhere) and would like to be able to display a local QR code.

Or... if I could do the same in Australia and get a local QR code, I could then return via Singapore at least.

Originally Posted by Beoz
Could you get some more jabs in a country that can give you recognition? All it's doing is teaching your body to fight the virus so as long as you give a few months between your last and your new what could go wrong? (Obviously I am not a doctor).
Thought about this, just going and getting two more jabs instead of all this hassle. I'd take another Pfizer jab any day but I'm not sure whether two more in the space of a few weeks would be ok? I really don't know.

This is all about getting in to Singapore as the certificate I currently have is good for Australia.