Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

when you get off the plane!??

when you get off the plane!??

Old May 17th 2006, 12:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: when you get off the plane!??

Originally Posted by gedge
Or we'd be conversing in French.
"Voulez vous un snag mate?"

You want to pick up a man?
Old May 17th 2006, 12:57 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Or we'd be conversing in French.
"Voulez vous un snag mate?"
Old May 17th 2006, 12:57 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by willmore
You want to pick up a man?
sheesh, call yourself an Australian
Snag = sausage, which is usually sizzling on the bbq.
Old May 17th 2006, 12:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sheesh, call yourself an Australian
Snag = sausage, which is usually sizzling on the bbq.

PMSL - you can sure tell where my mind is.....I thought it said shag!
Old May 17th 2006, 1:03 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

You know Gedge too well
Old May 17th 2006, 1:04 am

gedge has disabled reputation

You thought I asked him to dance?
Old May 17th 2006, 1:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You thought I asked him to dance?

Only if you promise to lead!
Old May 17th 2006, 1:10 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jif
We went without an agent and we ask you guys the silly questions!
They are never silly questions, and thats what we are here for, to help those in the same situation.
When you get off that plane ,just walk right through, we did not get asked anything.
Denise
Old May 17th 2006, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cranni
When you get off that plane ,just walk right through
Just make sure you stop at the desk.
Old May 17th 2006, 9:42 am
kerrie/wayne

not a silly question i was wondering the same thing myself but cause i have a oz passport {returning oz} and my son does but my hubby has a sponse visa so do we have to get in different queue's :scared:

cheers

Old May 17th 2006, 10:21 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kerrie/wayne
not a silly question i was wondering the same thing myself but cause i have a oz passport {returning oz} and my son does but my hubby has a sponse visa so do we have to get in different queue's :scared:

cheers
What you are officially supposed to do is:

Walk up whistling Waltzing Matilda, one hand must have an open can of Fosters or XXXX you must be wearing thongs (flip flops) and a beer stained vest.

There is also a secret phrase you must utter "Flamming Gallah - which way to Ramsey Street, is Kylie still in it" to which the customs officer will look a little bemused (dont worry - they are trained to do this) you then have to say "cheers Bruce (or Sheila if it's a lady customs officer) wheres the beach?"

Finally state how hot it is and comment on how many flies there are muttering it isnt like this back in the UK.

Old May 17th 2006, 11:28 am
Here At Last!!

frogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nice

I am afraid you just walk through customs and nobody cares.
I was expecting John Howard to come and greet me with a free BBQ and thongs to settle in to Aus, suprisingly he never turned up - no BBQ, no fun fair - very disapponting after spending all that money on a little sticker in your passport. The least customs could do is have a look at your sticker and comment how nice it is!!
Old May 17th 2006, 11:32 am
td1
Forum Regular

td1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jif
We've got the visa paper in the passport and fly out 21 June.
But, when we get off the plane and head for passport control, how to we validate the visa?? Do we need to say something to someone at passport control? Flying into Melbourne - anyone any idea?

We are also fliying out on the 21st to Melbourne. Hope we have a good journey