Whats changed

Old Jan 13th 2005, 8:55 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Whats changed

Originally Posted by hevs
How much is it for an iceburg lettuce
Couldn't tell you how much an Iceburg lettuce is but one thing you should all look out for (in case it hasn't hit Oz already) is 'Little Britain'.

Got a cult following here in blighty and has already won plenty of awards. Got the same sort of rave reviews as The Office, etc.

It's superb - especially 'Andy & Lou' - I can't walk down any high street without hearing a kid rehearsing their 'Yeah, I know' line!

not everybody's cup of tea (dare I say the 'oldies' probably don't appreciate it) but for 20 or 30 somethings it is a real hit.

Also love the Emily Howard - 'I'm a Lady' sketch - Matt Lucas and David Walliams = comedy geniuses.

Rob
Old Jan 13th 2005, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all
Wink Re: Whats changed

Find it hard to believe i am the first Brit awake ........that will be a first!!
But ill attempt to give you a few anwsers

EASTENDERS- was being crucified by Corrie in the ratings and rightly so. Enders was suffering from bad storylines and lack of humour. Den came back and was then in all the papers doing something pervy with somone on the net(disgusting pic of him in the paper sucking his finger whilst 'pleasuring himself'as they referred 2 it in the paper -yuk.Me and many more cant get the disgusting image out of our heads!!) Anyway hes being booted...but have storyline at the mo of him insisting he impregnate Zoe behind his sons back- just to add to his pervy image/ humiliation i think

TOY CRAZE- was some robot thing- sorry i cant recall its name and all the usual suspects gameboy etc.

TELLY- Best new comedy- Little Britain is really popular and Green Wing is excellent.

BEER- no idea but Jack Daniels and coke is about £2.50 . 20 fags = £5
PUBS- Unfortunately licensing hours dont seem to have been affected at all by the change. Certainly not out in the suburbs anyway. May be different in town.

I HAVENT SLEPT WITH DAVID BLUNKETT....well he wouldnt recognise me to confirm or deny anyway

SPEEDING- There is less speeding i spose because there does not seem to be a road left in London that does not have a speed bump/sleeping policeman/camera or some other new speeding restriction along it. What with that and the traffic ...your lucky if you can get up to the speed limit let alone break it

CORRIE- All of Devs businesses were blown up by Mad Mya on a Monday.Then she tried to kill him and Sunita...unfortunately it did not work.
Karen MacD has left the street after a miscarriage and going slightly bonkers (stealing little baby Amy and pretending to roast her in a car fire!!) So Tracey is now making her move on Steve. Tryiing to kill him with kindness and home made sarnys for his lunch.
Shelley(who runs the pub) is being bullied and manipulated by her bloke Charlie(domestic violence plot in the offing)
Roy is being bullied by evryone including Sally & Kevins daughter who is now a Marilyn Manson style goth. Oh and suprise suprise Sally is working up to another affair.
I spose how much of this makes sense will depend on how long ago you left.

But Burberry is now the official label of Chav.....Have you heard of Chav yet??

Billie and the Ginge are officially null and void both have new partners and will probably be remarried by the summer!

Hope this was some help.
Im off for a tea and digestive biscuit .....my e popping days are well and truly over.
Old Jan 13th 2005, 9:11 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Bl**dy hell, slow down

Ok - Eastenders has slipped partly because the country has woken up to the fact that it is crap but also because Corrie and Emmerdale have had some cracking plots over the past year and enders hasn't.

Best toy over Christmas was a Robot thing that costs £80+

Best new dramas - haven't happened yet.

No idea about beer but I think fags are about £4+ a packet

We haven't got the 24 hour drinking yet. They are still arguing about it. They have passed the bill but are now trying to work out how to pay for the extra coppers to patrol the streets 24 hours a day to collect the p**s heads.

I haven't slept with David Blunkett - I do have some standards

Kevan hasn't slept with Kimberley Quinn - he doesn't know who she is either.

More people speed and park illegally and don't indicate - not generalising just saying how it is in my town.

Damned if I can work out the registration plates. All I know is that my N reg seems to be very very old now
Don't like or eat chocolate but my 9 year old tells me that cream eggs are a lot smaller than they used to be in the old days

Corrie: Roy is being bullied by a builder. Shelley is being bullied by creepy boyfriend who is builders boss, Sally is having an affair with a father of Rosie's friend. Martin's 16 year old girlfriend has decided that if he won't marry her, she will get pregnant - good plan love, works every time

I don't know anyone with anything burberry - obviously don't mix with the right people.

Haven't had a Prunella Scales Tesco ad for a while. - Had some very annoying Julie Walters Asda ads over christmas though.

We had a new foyles war just before christmas. Just started new series of midsummer murders.

You can still buy St. Johns Wort over the counter but I think they ask you silly questions about it.

I think Ann Widdecombe has had a lot done except sorting her very irritating voice out.

Does which sport still have a nipple count - missed that one.

Chris Evans is still a ginger and is definitely still a "*&^%!

Yes he is now divorced from Billie Piper but "they will always be friends" - (smilie with finger down thoat)

Wales has electricity but scotland doesn't cos they had major storms the other day.

Wales is still part of the British Isles but Scotland is trying not to be.

Anya - I'm not doing any of those things - I no longer fit in - I am leaving.

I don't give a flying **** how much iceburg lettuce is

Anything else?
Old Jan 13th 2005, 9:17 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

this thread is so funny...keep the jewels of info coming!
Old Jan 13th 2005, 9:19 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Was a bit disappointing about the lettuce though.
Old Jan 13th 2005, 9:21 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yvsie
this thread is so funny
You could even say its a "gem"
Old Jan 13th 2005, 9:22 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

yeah....c'mon....how much is lollo rosso then?(sp??)
Old Jan 13th 2005, 9:24 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by desperate2go
CORRIE- <<....> I spose how much of this makes sense will depend on how long ago you left.
What happened to Ken & Diedre ? Now, when was it that I left ?

Old Jan 13th 2005, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

One observation of my own of something that has changed........you may need to sit down for this one. We actually had more than 10 days of sunshine this summer. Its mid Jan and although its freezing the sun is shining outside!!
I know its unbloodybelievable. Anymore of this and I may cancel that visa
( I jest)
Old Jan 13th 2005, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
What happened to Ken & Diedre ? Now, when was it that I left ?
Ken and Deirdre are still going strong. Most solid couple on the Street!
Old Jan 13th 2005, 9:32 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheRossers
I can answer the Eastenders question. It has fallen in the ratings because it is a miserable program, about miserable lives in a miserable country. Plus they are all sleeping with each other, so in-breeding is rife and we all know where that leads too!!!!
Tasmania?

G
Old Jan 13th 2005, 9:33 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yvsie
yeah....c'mon....how much is lollo rosso then?(sp??)

Oh for heavens sake children - ok

according to Tesco's -

Iceburg - 89p
Organic Iceburg - 99p
Little Gem - twin pack - 69p
Round Lettuce - 35p
Romaine - 99p
Lollo Rosso - 88p

Happy?
Old Jan 13th 2005, 9:36 pm

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

Wales has left the EU.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/3715512.stm

Regards
Alistair
Old Jan 13th 2005, 9:38 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Oh for heavens sake children - ok

according to Tesco's -

Iceburg - 89p
Organic Iceburg - 99p
Little Gem - twin pack - 69p
Round Lettuce - 35p
Romaine - 99p
Lollo Rosso - 88p

Happy?

Thanks Auntie Pen.
Old Jan 13th 2005, 9:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute

Well in my local pub Fosters is £2.35
Guiness £2.55
Stella £2.70
Carslberg £2.35
Small glass of wine £1.90
Bottle of corona beer £2.75
and single spirit measures are roughly £1.95 each

we live in a small village so i think this is expensive lol. And seeing as my new years rersolution is another diet, i have been eating lots of lettuce and i think there about 90 pence lol

Smirnoff Vodka roughly about 12 quid as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.