Whats changed

Old Jan 14th 2005, 1:19 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Whats changed

Heres a thread people in the UK can fully participate in. For those of in OZ we often see or hear of things that have changed since we moved but obviously we don't hear half of the stuff.

So heres a thread for you to tell us of some of the changes you have noticed over the past year or so. Or people in Oz can ask questions about things in Blighty.

Don't go for the broad sweep generalizations (The countries gone to the dogs, were being overrun by immigrants etc) but more specific inane observations

Heres my starting questions
Why has Eastenders slipped so far down the ratings?
Whats was the biggest toy craze of last Chritmas?
What are some of the best new BBC/ITV dramas (So we can keep an eye out for them )
Old Jan 14th 2005, 1:29 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: Whats changed

Originally Posted by HUP
Heres my starting questions
Why has Eastenders slipped so far down the ratings?
Whats was the biggest toy craze of last Chritmas?
What are some of the best new BBC/ITV dramas (So we can keep an eye out for them )
More importantly:
How much is a pint of beer and packet of fags?
Old Jan 14th 2005, 1:34 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by JulesandChris
More importantly:
How much is a pint of beer and packet of fags?

And has anyone's local taken advantage of the fact they can now have 24hour trading?!
Old Jan 14th 2005, 1:39 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Most important of all: which Brit women on this forum have NOT slept with David Blunkett?

And which of you Brit men have NOT slept with Kimberly Quinn?

I think we should be told....

Anya.
Old Jan 14th 2005, 1:42 am
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

And my questions would be:

1. Are fewer people speeding these days? When I left everyone drove fast, when we were back on hols last year all the motorways seemed to be running pretty well at the speed limit. Is this because there are more cameras?

2. Can someone explain the new car registration numbers? I understood it when I left - XXX 123 Y where Y indicated the year, then when they had used up ABCDEFGHJKLMNPRSTVWXY it became Y 123 XXX and off they went again. My first car was registered in 1965 and was a 'C'. I later owned a 1986 car that was also a 'C'. My last car there was an 'R' and was registered in 1998. By my calculations, when we were there last year I should have been seeing reg plates with a preceding X or preceding Y, instead of which they were all double letter wierdness.

Cheers,

DagBoy
Old Jan 14th 2005, 1:43 am
Badge

Originally Posted by anya4oz
Most important of all: which Brit women on this forum have NOT slept with David Blunkett?

And which of you Brit men have NOT slept with Kimberly Quinn?

I think we should be told....

Anya.
I don't even know who she is. If I did, I'd be in like Flynn.

Good post HUP. Nice and original. For me this goes back 7 years as its been that long since I followed anything that happened in the UK....

I know Australia better than the UK it seems sometimes!

BM

Old Jan 14th 2005, 1:44 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Even more importantly
How much smaller have Creme eggs got??
Old Jan 14th 2005, 1:45 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

whats happening in Coronation Street?

how much is a bottle of vodka these days...Smirnoff ofcourse!

btw Anya!...I havent slept with David Blunkett!
Old Jan 14th 2005, 1:46 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by DagBoy
2. Can someone explain the new car registration numbers? I understood it when I left - XXX 123 Y where Y indicated the year, then when they had used up ABCDEFGHJKLMNPRSTVWXY it became Y 123 XXX and off they went again. My first car was registered in 1965 and was a 'C'. I later owned a 1986 car that was also a 'C'. My last car there was an 'R' and was registered in 1998. By my calculations, when we were there last year I should have been seeing reg plates with a preceding X or preceding Y, instead of which they were all double letter wierdness.

Cheers,

DagBoy
All very confusing, explained in welsh here.

Probably easier to understand than this.
Old Jan 14th 2005, 1:48 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Cheers,

DagBoy
I know this one (I think!)
In the year 2000 they started issuing twice a year; so my W reg car was in March, then X was Sept 2000. Y = Mar 2001. Then things changed so the front letters had some relevance to where the car was first registered (like the French system) and the last two numbers were the age ID; IE Manchester = MA52 ABC

Last edited by mlbonner; Jan 14th 2005 at 1:53 am. Reason: typo
Old Jan 14th 2005, 1:50 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

1. Are fewer people speeding these days? When I left everyone drove fast, when we were back on hols last year all the motorways seemed to be running pretty well at the speed limit. Is this because there are more cameras?

DagBoy
I noticed that.

Plus every other woman has a Burberry scarf.
Old Jan 14th 2005, 1:55 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Are Tescos still running those annoying ads with Prunella Scales in?

Is there another series of 'Foyle's Law' in the offing?

Have the EC managed to stop people buying alternative medicines (such as St John's Wort) over the counter yet?

Anya.
Old Jan 14th 2005, 1:58 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

Is it true that Anne Widdecombe's had her teeth done (my MIL thinks she has)?

Anya.
Old Jan 14th 2005, 1:59 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

Originally Posted by yvsie
btw Anya!...I havent slept with David Blunkett!
That's 2 of us he missed out then, Yvsie!

Do you think we should feel offended?

Anya.
Old Jan 14th 2005, 2:03 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Does the sport still have a nipple count? If so what is the latest count?

Is Chris Evans a ginger *u%t?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.