Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What are you going to miss the most about the UK?

What are you going to miss the most about the UK?

Old Aug 4th 2005, 4:35 pm
Sydney Bound Jan 2006

Kopites will become famous soon enoughKopites will become famous soon enough
Default Re: What are you going to miss the most about the UK?

I'm going to miss Liverpool Football Club especially after watching them Tuesday night, there is not a greater feeling than sitting in the KOP, singing all your songs and winning, did I not mention we are Champions of Europe again !!!!
Andy
Old Aug 4th 2005, 4:49 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kopites
I'm going to miss Liverpool Football Club especially after watching them Tuesday night, there is not a greater feeling than sitting in the KOP, singing all your songs and winning, did I not mention we are Champions of Europe again !!!!
Andy
Thieving scum, HTH
Old Aug 4th 2005, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

jo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant future

I am going to miss all the UK sport on TV, and sunny winter days.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
I'm going to miss Tesco Direct then secondly self scanning at Sainsburys. The thought of going back to loading up the trolley, unloading onto a conveyor belt, then loading it up again, then unloading it into the car, then carrying it into the and only then putting away, does not thrill me greatly.
Ah, but at least you won't have to pack your own shopping.

Plus, they have home shopping as far as I am aware.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 6:55 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by coxfamuk
Ah, but at least you won't have to pack your own shopping.

Plus, they have home shopping as far as I am aware.
Not in hick county Rockingham. WA is far enough behind the rest from what I can gather, but being about 40 miles south of the city I don't think I stand much chance. Ho hum
Old Aug 4th 2005, 7:38 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Not in hick county Rockingham. WA is far enough behind the rest from what I can gather, but being about 40 miles south of the city I don't think I stand much chance. Ho hum
You going to Rockingham, Anne?
Old Aug 5th 2005, 7:57 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
Not *who* but *what* are you going to miss the most about the UK? When you're sunning yourself on the beach in Oz, what will you really, really wish you could still have or be part of?

I'm going to miss the snow. Not that we have it often down here in the SW, but I do love it.
Crumpets .......they are my absolute favs but sis-in-law says no crumpets to be found in Sydney. I think it's a nasty lie but I couldn't find any last time we were over there.

Blackbirds.....being woken by Kookaburras at dawn is, let's face it, not quite such a gentle experience.

M&S Footglove shoes.....so soft, so comfy. so sad. But a Nicky-must-have.
Old Aug 5th 2005, 8:04 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Chav central

Nothing quite like Romford on a Saturday night* ...

Three Legs

* I must point out I have never even visited Romford in my life !

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
Not *who* but *what* are you going to miss the most about the UK? When you're sunning yourself on the beach in Oz, what will you really, really wish you could still have or be part of?

I'm going to miss the snow. Not that we have it often down here in the SW, but I do love it.
Old Aug 5th 2005, 8:13 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Three Legs
Chav central

Three Legs
Ahhh, the youth of today - so cultured, so well-behaved and so lacking any kind of decent dress sense!!
Old Aug 7th 2005, 12:18 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
Crumpets .......they are my absolute favs but sis-in-law says no crumpets to be found in Sydney. I think it's a nasty lie but I couldn't find any last time we were over there.
It a nasty lie. We have them, round or square??
Old Aug 7th 2005, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Three Legs
Chav central

Three Legs

* I must point out I have never even visited Romford in my life !
I think you might find that the picture is actually from London Zoo's ape enclosure, still close enough to Romford, I suppose.
Old Aug 7th 2005, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold
Wink Re: What are you going to miss the most about the UK?

[QUOTE=Nicky & Dave]Crumpets .......they are my absolute favs but sis-in-law says no crumpets to be found in Sydney. I think it's a nasty lie but I couldn't find any last time we were over there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi , Don't worry , it is a nasty lie.
English crumpets , the kind you put in the toaster , can be found in WOOLWORTHS .In various different shapes as well ! HOWEVER , Scottish crumpets , the kind you spread with butter and jam and roll up into a long tube cannot be found on the shelves. Have to substitute a pancake!
All the best,
Tass.