Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What would you do ????? GO OR STAY

What would you do ????? GO OR STAY

Old Oct 22nd 2008, 3:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Patrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to all
Default Re: What would you do ????? GO OR STAY

Originally Posted by suzyt
Hi thanks to you all again, i think perhaps people dont realise also that i have been to Australia before i spent roughly eighteen months out there about 10 years ago and then had about 6 months in Byron Bay about 7 years ago, now i know that this dosent mean that i know what the country is about by any means because that was a long time ago now. Nick on the other hand has never been. My first sons father lives in Byron Bay. Our initial motives for going was fingers crossed to have a better quality of life and by that i dont mean on a monetary level, but a better environment for my children to live in. And to hopefully spend more time together doing things that family should be doing. Nick has always been very clear that as soon as this process started he was going, it was me that has had the long crying sessions about leaving family. But i do have a lot closer relationship with mine than he does. The thing was i suppose when that offer was made by Nicks present company the other day it all of a sudden made me feel like i was having to make the big discission again even though we had already made it. Do you know what i mean, the stay or go thing. Oh hope this makes sense. Suzy x

So after all that u have lived in Aussie after all It isnt Royston Vasey u r leaving is it are u local?
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 3:50 am
BE Enthusiast

suzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to all

Yes i have been out there before but my current husband hasnt , and it was when i was young free and single with no one to look after apart from myself the first time, and as for the second time was for only about six months, as you get older you have more self preservation i think. I would never say that the small amount of time that i have spent out there already is anything like what we are doing now , i have a real family unit now and theoretically are moving our whole life from one to another, does that sound naf ? I think iam thinking to deeply about all this , the other thing is the reason why the stay or go thing came about is because its two opportunities in one hand and it brings the guilty feelings back to the forefront if you know what i mean
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 3:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Patrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to all

Yes i have been out there before but my current husband hasnt , and it was when i was young free and single with no one to look after apart from myself the first time, and as for the second time was for only about six months, as you get older you have more self preservation i think. I would never say that the small amount of time that i have spent out there already is anything like what we are doing now , i have a real family unit now and theoretically are moving our whole life from one to another, does that sound naf ? I think iam thinking to deeply about all this , the other thing is the reason why the stay or go thing came about is because its two opportunities in one hand and it brings the guilty feelings back to the forefront if you know what i mean
You will never win it will always be a case of what if? best of luck with the move.
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 3:56 am
BE Enthusiast

suzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to all

I know and thankyou.
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

my current husband
That phrase always makes me see a queue a dozen deep with number 3 or 4 holding up a flag saying "Its me now"
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 10:55 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

hi Suzy, it sounds to me that you've given the move a lot of thought. Thinking deeply about it is a good thing I reckon ! after all, it is a huge decision.

I'll bet that you've thought long and hard about it for some time....and you've come to the conclusion that you should give it a try.

You should trust yourself and your instincts now. You've done all the hard thinking, preparation and now you've got an exciting new phase of your life ahead of you! It might be tough at times (hopefully it'll be a breeze) but it will be a bit of an adventure too.

We all question decisions that we've made in the past - have I done the right thing? should I back out? But then at some point, you go "over the edge" and it becomes hard (but not impossible) to reverse the decision. Once you've gone "over the edge", its not much use wasting emotions and thoughts on past decisions !

Good luck, you'll have a great time I reckon.

ps - I was reading moneypen20's blog the other day, it is great and I think that it would be ideal reading for someone like you, who might be questioning whether or not they've made the right choice.
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 11:51 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Safin
That phrase always makes me see a queue a dozen deep with number 3 or 4 holding up a flag saying "Its me now"
I use it too - I think it keeps them on their toes.
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 7:27 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markallwood

ps - I was reading moneypen20's blog the other day, it is great and I think that it would be ideal reading for someone like you, who might be questioning whether or not they've made the right choice.
Oo er, a stalker Thank you, that's great to hear. Pleased there are people out there who read my ramblings. Guess that means I'd better update it again
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 8:21 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Oo er, a stalker Thank you, that's great to hear. Pleased there are people out there who read my ramblings. Guess that means I'd better update it again
ha ha...better start looking over your shoulder !