Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

what are the things I must do within the first week?

what are the things I must do within the first week?

Old Mar 4th 2008, 3:12 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what are the things I must do within the first week?

Originally Posted by aus2be_OH
Cheers paddyo, much appreciated.

Darren
My absolute pleasure old chap!
Old Mar 4th 2008, 8:42 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

excellent thread
thanks for all the good advice and info
much appreciated
bec
Old Mar 5th 2008, 11:04 am
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

Firsdt thing I intend to do is drop to my knees and kiss the ground the minute I step inot Oz. Then, once I'm in Coogee, I'll drop my bags off and run straight down to the beach and into the ocean.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 11:29 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
Firsdt thing I intend to do is drop to my knees and kiss the ground the minute I step inot Oz. Then, once I'm in Coogee, I'll drop my bags off and run straight down to the beach and into the ocean.
Crikey, not gonna do a Reggie Perrin on us are you?
Old Mar 5th 2008, 11:32 am
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by paddyo
Crikey, not gonna do a Reggie Perrin on us are you?
You kidding!!!! After 5 years of trying to get out there mate I got no intention of disappearing!
Old Mar 9th 2008, 4:43 am
Forum Regular

teemong is just really niceteemong is just really niceteemong is just really niceteemong is just really niceteemong is just really niceteemong is just really niceteemong is just really niceteemong is just really niceteemong is just really nice

thank you every one :-)
well, I now know what should you do in the first week- sleep, sleep and sleep to get rid of the jet lag and tiredness from all those pre-departure hassles.

cheers

tee
Old Mar 9th 2008, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

livinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of light

chill out and enjoy yourself, you moved to the best place in the world...

Originally Posted by teemong
hi,

I shall be moving in soon.
I would like to know what are the few official things I shud do, I can think of the following:

1. open a bank account
2. get a bank locker
3. get tax file number
4. go to centerlink.

anything else?

cheers

tee